Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:12 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

Originally Posted by garyheidi7
Hi Steve,

Not totally decided on State to go for, we are starting our application in September it has to be where the work is to support our large family ha ha. Was thinking of Queensland, but from what ive been reading on here that particular state doesn't accept licences from other states if we took the route of going to do 2 week course in Perth?? if ive even got that right?? Thats why im trying to find out about the licencing now before we apply to a particular state for sponsorship, if that makes sense. Thanks Heidi.
you really need to make a decison as to which state your going too, as each state has its own way of assessing electricians and whilst its supposedly seemless moving from one state to another using mutual regonition where one state licence is valid to work in aother the reallity is that even the electrical contractors are insisting on "their" owns states licences before offering work, and as you have already found out sometimes the state licencing board can make it difficult to swap over ( this isnt just qld i`ve heard victoria can be difficult too )

steve
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:13 pm
MR.
Just Joined

MR. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
which state are you in ( besides confused )

I'm in WA but looking to do it in some other state since here they told me I need to do another 12 months under supervision in order to get full license. Wondering if PEER or QLD could sort me out?

Cheers
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:56 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR.
I'm in WA but looking to do it in some other state since here they told me I need to do another 12 months under supervision in order to get full license. Wondering if PEER or QLD could sort me out?

Cheers
if you were in qld i`d be saying speak to chris at qet

heres some info of his site regarding your position

The Electrical Safety Act states the requirements for an Electrical Mechanic Licence. QET assists those people that have an electrical fitter's licence and are seeking an electrical mechanic licence.

First, you need to apply for your electrical mechanic licence with this application form along with a current CPR Certificate (current means less than 1 year)

The Electrical Licensing Dept will send you a Training Permit to allow you to perform electrical mechanic work under supervision.

You now need to gain experience in electrical mechanic work (i.e. installing wiring systems, testing electrical installations) to gain on-job experience in working as an electrical mechanic. At the same time, QET offers the following course for your off-job training.

Certificate III in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics) .

This course requires you to demonstrate all competencies in working as an electrical mechanic. The assessment for this course falls across two days where you will be required to demonstrate competence both in theoretical exams and practical exams.

Once both the on-job and off-job training is completed, a Form 31 and a Completion Statement, signed by your employer, yourself, and QET, is forwarded to the Electrical Licensing Dept for the issue of your electrical Mechanic licence.

FURTHER INFORMATION including costs etc.

Please email Chris at [email protected] and QET will provide you a letter of offer for the training. If you wish to undertake this training, we will need to verify that you are an electrical fitter and that you have applied for your electrical mechanic training permit. Please include a scanned copy of your electrical fitter licence and Training Permit. If you cannot scan, you will have to send a copy to me by post.

hope it was of some use perhaps theres an rto ( registerd training organisation ) in wa who do the same thing???

regards steve
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:11 am
MR.
Just Joined

MR. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Steve,

thanks heaps for the answer you wrote me. The only thing that worry's me is that I'll have to find someone who will actually employ me and sign me off adventually .. Any ideas what company's should I ring up and see if they are keen to do something like that? I don't care where in QLD it is as long as I'm doing what I SUPPOSED TO DO.

Thanks once again!!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

My WA 'A' Grade license arrived today. Thanks for all the useful information posted here and in the other ETL thread, it all helps. Time to find a job!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Lacfitz01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

we are currently in Perth on a working Visa and my boyfriend has just received his TRA certificate back, can you confirm if he fills in the form I have linked below and sends this to 'energy safe Victoria' and then awaits a response to do the class or is it a different form he sends in first (as this is the licence form)?

http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/Portals/0/...ust%202011.pdf

Thanks a mill
Old Mar 31st 2012, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Gaza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lou,
Can u confirm how long it took, after passing electrical course, contacting energy safe, and receiving the A grade please?
There's still lots of conflicting info, please confirm there's no On job training?

Cheers
Gary

Originally Posted by Lou_Diamond_Phillips
My WA 'A' Grade license arrived today. Thanks for all the useful information posted here and in the other ETL thread, it all helps. Time to find a job!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

galaxy710 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this forum, he solved my many problems, thank you
Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:33 am
Just Joined

jamesandsarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi there,
If you have served an apprenticeship you do not need to show 7 years experience.
To get your ARTC your employer(s) must give detailed references stating the type of work you carried out and tools that you used. The TRA will check all verifiable claims.
Regards Derren
Hi Derren,

I've been looking for this sort of information I posted on the PIO site and Arthur has been helpful but can i just clarify this information.

I have a full apprenticeship that was completed jan this year (2012) what i cant get my head around is what visa route to get out on as all migration agents say I need three years post qualifying experience who is right?

thanks

James
Old Apr 14th 2012, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jamesandsarah
Hi Derren,

I've been looking for this sort of information I posted on the PIO site and Arthur has been helpful but can i just clarify this information.

I have a full apprenticeship that was completed jan this year (2012) what i cant get my head around is what visa route to get out on as all migration agents say I need three years post qualifying experience who is right?

thanks

James
Hi James,
Can't really give you a definitive answer to this one but the only thing I can find in relation to post qualifying experience is that Victorian state sponsorship requires 2 years post qualifying experience.
I checked a couple of other states websites (QLD and WA) and they make no mention of it. I can't find anything about it on DIAC's or VETASSESS website either.
I don't want to doubt what the migration agents are telling you but it depends on which "migration agents" you're asking.
The ARTC applicant guidelines don't make any mention of the 7 year experience without an apprenticeship but that is a moot point as you cannot apply for an ARTC for migration purposes. Assuming you're a UK citizen and an installation spark you will have to have your skills assessed by VETASSESS for migration purposes.
It may be better to get it from the horses mouth and speak directly to VETASSESS or DIACand also to the relevant State government of the State you intend to live in if you need state sponsorship.
Also, make sure that any migration agent you consult with is MARA registered.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:11 am
Just Joined

anassdomun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by warren thomas
NO avoid the VETASSESS route, it's long drawn out and very $$$$,
your under 30 mate apply for a working visa then a ARTC do it the same way as me, i'm sure there's nothing to stop you,
I myself was a JIB electrician just like you,
A mechanic is what you need to Apply for then you can work unrestricted, and do anything, UNRESTRICTED!!!
A fitter is a restricted liecence so you car'nt work alone, crap!! for people who work in factories, fixing brake downs on machine ect,

beware which state you get your liecence too, i here there's problems swapping them over now?? WA is a good one to have.
Thanks for th ehelp
Old May 11th 2012, 9:49 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Hello Everybody, Its great to ear my original post is still helping you all,
congratulations to all that have now got a A grade licence,
The heading said SO EASY... not strictly true, it is hard work but worth it!
keep going people Australia is waiting for you!!!! i LOVE it.
Old May 24th 2012, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Ricki23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, this thread has been an absolute god send, cleared up alot of questions and will hopefully save alot of $$$! Im a 23yr old JIB registered sparkie who's been in WA for the past 16 months on working holiday visa's and im not in a hurry to go home! Im just starting to go down this route to transfer my qualification over an was wondering if anybody could help me out by letting me have a look at a completed ARTC form with the detailed reference from employers? It would help me out massively and avoid me sending off an incorrect application. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old May 24th 2012, 9:28 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by Ricki23
Hi all, this thread has been an absolute god send, cleared up alot of questions and will hopefully save alot of $$$! Im a 23yr old JIB registered sparkie who's been in WA for the past 16 months on working holiday visa's and im not in a hurry to go home! Im just starting to go down this route to transfer my qualification over an was wondering if anybody could help me out by letting me have a look at a completed ARTC form with the detailed reference from employers? It would help me out massively and avoid me sending off an incorrect application. Any help would be great. Thanks.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731125
Old May 28th 2012, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Ricki23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot Steve!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.