Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:21 am
Just Joined

ireshaun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Mick,
If you go to a solicitor they'll just stamp and sign each photocopy. Seemingly, with the date ,just put down the date that you intend to arrive. It appears from other posters that this is what they have done and the TRA are fully aware that people do apply from overseas.
If you PM your email address I'll PM my CV for the kind of detailed info they're after.
Regards Derren.
Hi darren just read your post, would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the sort of info their looking for on the cv.
Regards Shaun.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ireshaun
Hi darren just read your post, would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the sort of info their looking for on the cv.
Regards Shaun.
No worries Shaun, PM your email address and I'll send it.
Also, the TRA don't specifically require a C.V. per se, detailed references are more crucial although, there would be no harm including it.
My CV just contains the type of wording that ,I think is required.
Also check out this LINKand look at the attachments that Steve O has posted.
Regards Derren
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by derren7
No worries Shaun, PM your email address and I'll send it.
Also, the TRA don't specifically require a C.V. per se, detailed references are more crucial although, there would be no harm including it.
My CV just contains the type of wording that ,I think is required.
Also check out this LINKand look at the attachments that Steve O has posted.
Regards Derren
I should also point out that that I am an untested applicant who has yet to submit an application for an ARTC. The info I have posted and provided is my opinions only, based on info provided by people on here who have been there, seen it and done it, and by reading ,meticulously , the TRA's info on their website.

Regards Derren
Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:07 am
Just Joined

Mick00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also if my artc application is successful can I apply to do the course in the electrical college to get my licence as Soon as I get to Perth or do I need to be working for a certain amount of time first? Also can I do this on a WHV? Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mick00
Also if my artc application is successful can I apply to do the course in the electrical college to get my licence as Soon as I get to Perth or do I need to be working for a certain amount of time first? Also can I do this on a WHV? Thanks
Hi mick,
As soon as you've got your ARTC you can apply to Energy Safety for the 2 week course. Look at the very beginning of this thread how the OP, Warren Thomas did it. He show's you step by step.
Regards Derren
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:33 am
Just Joined

johnnyfruitcake is an unknown quantity at this point

When getting certs and result letters from collage certified in Oz where is the best place to get this done?

Is it ok to get them scanned, emailed over and then certified over here?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:14 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnnyfruitcake
When getting certs and result letters from collage certified in Oz where is the best place to get this done?

Is it ok to get them scanned, emailed over and then certified over here?
In my case the relevant electrical governing body (energy safe) already had a copy send direct to them for the college, who is asking for them certifying? do you mean you British one's?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

johnnyfruitcake is an unknown quantity at this point

i mean the certified true copies of my cert from home and other letters i will be using as proof of my apprenticeship.

where would I get them certified here in oz? they are irish certs that have been emailed to me from home.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point

i mean the certified true copies of my cert from home and other letters i will be using as proof of my apprenticeship.

where would I get them certified here in oz? they are irish certs that have been emailed to me from home.
you can get them certified in chemists for a gold coin donation
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:33 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

If they are email they might not certify them as they are not the original as such.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:31 am
Just Joined

craigphilip87 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there, was wondering if any of you electricians out there could help me.

Im in perth at the moment on a 417 working holiday visa, i have been granted my ARTC cert and have booked myself in on a licence course soon.

Yesterday i went to see an immigration consultant....who didnt make it very clear as what my options was for a pr visa,

Do i still need to get vetasses if i already have a WA Electrical licence?
If i get a sponsor do i still need to do all the skills tests ect?

If there is anyone out there in the same situation or has been i would be grateful for some guidance on what to do next to gain my pr visa.

Thanks craig
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by craigphilip87

Im in perth at the moment on a 417 working holiday visa, i have been granted my ARTC cert and have booked myself in on a licence course soon.

Yesterday i went to see an immigration consultant....who didnt make it very clear as what my options was for a pr visa,

If there is anyone out there in the same situation or has been i would be grateful for some guidance on what to do next to gain my pr visa.

Thanks craig
Hi Craig,
It would be a bit daft to have your skills reassessed. Even more so if you got a full licence. I would consult another agent and/or contact DIAC directly to clarify.
Regards Derren
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:24 pm
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me know how you get on Craig , I Will be in the same boat as you in a couple of months and hoping that common sense will prevail. As Derren says it would be a bit stupid if you had to be assessed even though you had a licence!
Regards Darren
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

Does this work if you want a PR Visa?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:47 pm
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by craigphilip87

Thanks craig
Hi Craig,

Once you have you licence you have a Australian recognise licence, you don't need to do a Vetassess! nobody can take your licence off you, it's your as long as you pay your registration fee's, when you apply for PR you would send in copies of your Australian licence, the college coarse you do over here is a skills test, you don't need to do it twice. you immigration officer is wrong and probably hasn't a clue, well done on getting your ARTC, it's easy from now on mate, trust me, did you follow my post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.