Vetassess electrical exam

Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:33 am
Just Joined

rob72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess electrical exam

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site
Is anyone doing their vetassess on Saturday 14th sep in London?
There's some fantastic info on this forum which I have been tapping in to all week trying to swat up!!
Hopefully from what i've heard apart from the basics is that they are shit hot on the disconnect/reconnect process??
Also if anyone can shed any light on the DOL starter in regards to is it in 3 phase or single phase or both?

Many thanks

Rob
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess electrical exam

Originally Posted by rob72
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site
Is anyone doing their vetassess on Saturday 14th sep in London?
There's some fantastic info on this forum which I have been tapping in to all week trying to swat up!!
Hopefully from what i've heard apart from the basics is that they are shit hot on the disconnect/reconnect process??
Also if anyone can shed any light on the DOL starter in regards to is it in 3 phase or single phase or both?

Many thanks

Rob
Hi Rob,

I've moved your post to its own thread in the electrical forum so you get the best responses

The DOL starter is 3 phase with control
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks mate
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate
If you haven't already done so - have a read around down here - should find lots of info. I did my prac with Vic Uni - DC series and parallel circuits, test a transformer and motor, wire domestic board with 1 power and 1 lighting circuit, some theory q's on ac and dc circuits including power factor and inductive / capacitive circuits, isolations, and more - sorry gone blank now
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Just a quick question old sparkles..... I hav'nt done too many DOL starters as i'm mainly a domestic/commercial spark but have got a fair idea so is this Dol just wired from main supply or is there a secondary low voltage supply to operate the aux on the contactor?
I've been in Afghan working on a US military base for last 2 years! so just getting me head round all this now!!

Thanks

Rob
Old Sep 12th 2013, 11:18 am

Just a quick question old sparkles..... I hav'nt done too many DOL starters as i'm mainly a domestic/commercial spark but have got a fair idea so is this Dol just wired from main supply or is there a secondary low voltage supply to operate the aux on the contactor?
I've been in Afghan working on a US military base for last 2 years! so just getting me head round all this now!!

Thanks

Rob
Can't find the link I'm searching for. This is similar - ignore the reverse - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770873
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Just got results from Vetassess Electrical exam..... Passed!!
Happy Days!!
If anyone wants any info just pm me

Rob
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:15 pm

Happy Days!!

Rob
Better if you posted on here so everyone can see
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

hynesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on your pass!!

I have my electrical exam in London on the 19th of October.
Im only 23 and only really worked in domestic properties therefore haven't got any experience with the DOL is there anything in particular that I should revise or any tips would be great!

Thanks Mark!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by hynesy
Hi Rob,

Congratulations on your pass!!

I have my electrical exam in London on the 19th of October.
Im only 23 and only really worked in domestic properties therefore haven't got any experience with the DOL is there anything in particular that I should revise or any tips would be great!

Thanks Mark!
You probably want to revise ac and dc theory as well as 3 phase, pf correction, RLC circuits, etc for the theory test. We had draw DOL circuit with 2 starts, 2 stops, O/L etc then wire and test; identify parts of transformer and test; wire dc cicuit - resistors in series and parallel, calculate resistances, voltages, etc and test to see if matches calculations; identify supply for motor and carry out safe isolation, test and reconnect confirming correct DOR; install domestic dist. board including lighting and power circuits, flex and rigid plastic conduit, boxes etc and wire 2 way switching on lights - test and record results.

Think that was it - long day
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

hynesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by hynesy
Thanks!!
No worries - good luck on the 19th
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Days!!

Rob
Hi Rob,

What was the total cost for this please? Did you take your qualification certificates with you to the practical, or was that a separate stage? Where in London was it held?

Thanks,
Myk
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi myk,

Before you do the practical in London you submit all your certs etc with references to vetassess with documentary evidence supporting your qualifications, if you pass that which cost $600 aus you then proceed to practical which costs $1500. I took mine in London. North west College in Willensden, but there are centres in the north of England- blackpool is one.

Hope this helps mate, any other questions just ask

Rob
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Rob.

I will phone Vetassess late tonight, and get the process started. I'm near Rayleigh in Essex, so the London test centre will be ideal. Was it paid in 2 stages?

Thanks,
Myk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.