vetassesment then what?

Old Mar 28th 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice
Default vetassesment then what?

Hi all
I am in my early stages of vetassesment, im now waiting to have a response from my application and then to the assessment. But what can i do then? I want to do as much as i can to make it easier to gain my licence when we get to Perth. I recently went to the Expo seminar in London were i spoke to tradies down under, they were trying to sell me the gap training for £3000.00 this seems very pricey to me. Does any body have any advice.

Many thanks
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: vetassesment then what?

Originally Posted by 808shaun808
Hi all
I am in my early stages of vetassesment, im now waiting to have a response from my application and then to the assessment. But what can i do then? I want to do as much as i can to make it easier to gain my licence when we get to Perth. I recently went to the Expo seminar in London were i spoke to tradies down under, they were trying to sell me the gap training for £3000.00 this seems very pricey to me. Does any body have any advice.

Many thanks
Hi Shaun,
Check out the thread 'WA Electrical Mechanic certificate in 4 months ,so easy' a few threads down from this one. You can attend the two week course at CET in Perth to get a WA A grade licence. You can attend this course with both either an ARTC or the OTSR which is issued by VETASSESS once you have completed your assessment.
As for the gap training by down under tradies, yes it's a bit on the pricey side. There were a few posts about this a while ago and there has been no feedback since. From memory , I couldn't help but feel that the posts made were little more than subtle adverts for the company.
Hope this helps
Regards Derren
Old Apr 1st 2011, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice
Default Re: vetassesment then what?

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Shaun,
Check out the thread 'WA Electrical Mechanic certificate in 4 months ,so easy' a few threads down from this one. You can attend the two week course at CET in Perth to get a WA A grade licence. You can attend this course with both either an ARTC or the OTSR which is issued by VETASSESS once you have completed your assessment.
As for the gap training by down under tradies, yes it's a bit on the pricey side. There were a few posts about this a while ago and there has been no feedback since. From memory , I couldn't help but feel that the posts made were little more than subtle adverts for the company.
Hope this helps
Regards Derren
Thanks for your reply Derren
After I posted I did see the thread about the CET and it looks like this is the way I will go once we are out there.
Many thanks