Trade assistant Victoria

Old Jun 19th 2014, 9:05 am
Just Joined

mr.sifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trade assistant Victoria

What can a trade assiatant legally do in Victoria? I've tried google and just get links to jobs in Wa and Nsw and a brief description from the open university and Northern Territory, reason I ask is I'm working with an electrical contractor in melbourne and im happy enough just helping out as I'm travelling about picking up work here and there and not working on boards or live circuits. My boss says I can't touch a 230v cable which is fine but surely I can assist a workmate pulling in cables through roof spaces etc.... And let them connect either end? Either way I'm happy enough as I'm getting paid and the work is steady just feel like I could be doing more and obviously want to stay within the rules for my sake and my employers!
Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade assistant Victoria

Originally Posted by mr.sifter
What can a trade assiatant legally do in Victoria? I've tried google and just get links to jobs in Wa and Nsw and a brief description from the open university and Northern Territory, reason I ask is I'm working with an electrical contractor in melbourne and im happy enough just helping out as I'm travelling about picking up work here and there and not working on boards or live circuits. My boss says I can't touch a 230v cable which is fine but surely I can assist a workmate pulling in cables through roof spaces etc.... And let them connect either end? Either way I'm happy enough as I'm getting paid and the work is steady just feel like I could be doing more and obviously want to stay within the rules for my sake and my employers!
Do you have your supervised workers license?
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:35 am
Just Joined

No i don't, as I'm not looking to get a full license, is one required to work as a TA? I contacted energy safe about getting a restricted electrical license but I can't do the course as im qualified in my own country.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr.sifter
No i don't, as I'm not looking to get a full license, is one required to work as a TA? I contacted energy safe about getting a restricted electrical license but I can't do the course as im qualified in my own country.
Sorry, I had a look at your previous posts and thought you had applied for ARTC.

I would have thought you would have been okay feeding cables but if your boss doesn't want you to, going with what he says is probably the safest bet.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

I've applied twice and failed, all references and working experience fine but as I was on the wrong the visa when my application was submitted it has been rejected and would have to be resubmitted with another 900 dollar fee and I can't justify waiting 4 months for it come through and then start training, il just leave it be I think at this stage and keep travelling about the place, thanks for the reply.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 11:45 am
Just Joined

skujos27 is an unknown quantity at this point

You cant even pull in cables!?

Trades assistant
• Can NOT carry out electrical work (even if supervised).
• Can work on wiring supports and enclosures under supervision
of a licensed electrician.
• Can NOT install or connect cables.
• Can dig holes or cart goods/tools.