TRA in Australia

Old May 25th 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Question TRA in Australia

I have been looking at all the ways of getting a A grade licence Electrical in aust.Tell me if I am wrong,I am going on the spouse visa and don't need to do the TRA before I go to get into Aust.Once there if you read whets on the W A electricy site I can show them my JIB card work refs apprenticeship cert and get a licence?

You need to complete exams on the regulations before obtaining a licence. You're application must also be presented to the electrical licensing board unless you have a trades recognition certificate.
Please read the enclosed application form. You will need to supply us with the information requested of page 2.
If this cannot be supplied you will need to go through Trade Recognition Australia.
You can only gain one endorsement at a time. You'll will need to apply for an electrical mechanics license first then apply later to have the fitters endorsement added.
Although an electrical mechanic can carry out both installing work and maintenance work. You have to supply the documentation as shown on the licensing application.
You must supply City and Guilds part 1 & 2 or A & B, Jib card or apprenticeship documentation and work references stating type of electrical work carried out and dates.
Please contact Balga tafe in regards to the exams
Phone 08 9 207 4331 for costs, etc.
All I can give you is a copy of the exam sheet which has some details on it.

This summary is for those applicants who are required to undertake examinations before an “A” Grade electrical workers licence can be issued or restored. Applicants are required to obtain approval from Energy Safety before undertaking the examinations.

Short Theory Electrical Examination / Second Endorsement Examination

The Short Electrical Mechanic’s Examination is a theory examination comprising 25 multiple-choice questions based on AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules.

The Short Electrical Fitting Examination is a theory examination comprising 25 multiple-choice questions based predominantly on electrical fitting theory with the inclusion of one or more questions based upon the relevant sections of AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules.

Applicants are required to take a copy of the current edition of AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules into the examination with them for reference.

Time duration of examination: 1½ hours Cost to sit the examination: $25.00

Long Electrical Examination (Theory and Practical Examinations)

The Long Electrical Examination is a theory and practical examination comprising questions based on AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules. The theory examination is in two parts with Part A made up of 40 multiple-choice questions and Part B made up of 10 multiple-choice questions where applicants are required to quote the clause number from AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules.

Applicants are required to take a copy of the current edition of AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules into the examination with them for reference.

Applicants who are successful in the theory examination will then be required to complete a practical skills and knowledge examination. Applicants undertaking the practical examination will also need to refer to AS/NZS 3008.1.1 Selection of Cables.

Theory Examination
Time duration of examination: 3 hours Cost to sit the examination: $30.00

Practical Examination
Time duration of examination: 4 hours Cost to sit the examination: $110.00

Applicants who provide an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC) with their application for a licence are required to successfully complete the practical component of the Long Electrical Examination and the Short Theory Electrical Examination. Where a practical examination has been undertaken to obtain an ARTC, then only the Short Theory Electrical Examination is required.

To arrange a convenient examination time, please contact Michele Bennett, Balga Campus of Swan TAFE by telephoning (08) 9207 4209 between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm Monday to Friday.

Notes:
Fees are subject to alteration without notice.
TAFE will forward all results to the Electrical Licensing Board for its consideration.
After consideration of examination results (not papers), the Electrical Licensing Board will notify the candidate in WRITING only of the examination results and of the Board’s decision.

I stuck an attachment of the licensing application on here as well.Tell me what you all think.Cheers John