Tra

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default Tra

Hi all,We are getting near the end of writting up all the TRA info,and just have to wait for the visa approval (spouse visa) then I am sending it off to the TRA.
This from an email they sent me :
You can apply for the ARTC from overseas but delays in processing may be experienced if the assessors need to contact you for an interview or if a Trade Test needs to be undertaken. If you do not supply a certified true copy of a VISA that entitles you to work in Australia, your application will be returned to you. Please be aware that an ARTC can only be issued to a person with a 'right to work' in Australia and an Australian address.
Going to use Lorri's daugthers address for them.
Then going to decide from the result what to do next.
Will let you know how I get on.
John
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Re: Tra

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hi all,We are getting near the end of writting up all the TRA info,and just have to wait for the visa approval (spouse visa) then I am sending it off to the TRA.
You can apply for the ARTC from overseas but delays in processing may be experienced if the assessors need to contact you for an interview or if a Trade Test needs to be undertaken. If you do not supply a certified true copy of a VISA that entitles you to work in Australia, your application will be returned to you. Please be aware that an ARTC can only be issued to a person with a 'right to work' in Australia and an Australian address.
John
Good luck
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by supersonic4
John
Hi John

We've just sent the police checks off and are awaiting our meds apmt. Our visa consultant said we could put them in just before they request them to speed things up a bit (hopefully!). Recently we were on hols in Perth and discovered all the joys ( :scared: ) of this electricial licence needed to work over there! I've sent off and received the info about the ARTC and also thought you could start the process off whilst in the UK. On the form it said part of the evidence they need is your passport with the residency visa in it. i've emailed the TRA but all they say is check the website. When i do it really doesn't sound like we can start the application of whilst still here. Can you help me? It'd be great if we could start it off here so there's not so long to wait there! Steve didn't do an apprenticeship - hence needing this ARTC cert, then apparently the TRA decide and we may not have to go through energy safe. I am so confused - any advice would help!

JosieJ
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=JosieJ]Hi John

We've just sent the police checks off and are awaiting our meds apmt. Our visa consultant said we could put them in just before they request them to speed things up a bit (hopefully!). Recently we were on hols in Perth and discovered all the joys ( :scared: ) of this electricial licence needed to work over there! I've sent off and received the info about the ARTC and also thought you could start the process off whilst in the UK. On the form it said part of the evidence they need is your passport with the residency visa in it. i've emailed the TRA but all they say is check the website. When i do it really doesn't sound like we can start the application of whilst still here. Can you help me? It'd be great if we could start it off here so there's not so long to wait there! Steve didn't do an apprenticeship - hence needing this ARTC cert, then apparently the TRA decide and we may not have to go through energy safe. I am so confused - any advice would help!

Hi Josie ,this is a copy of an email I sent the TRA and their reply,I think we will be sending in the TRA next week,Do you have an australian address you can use ? I am going to use my daugthers,she lives in Brisbane.I will post on any up date or info I get.
Cheers,Lorri

Hi I am coming to Australia at the end of july on a spouse visa,so I don't need to get TRA to get in the country.I want to know can I apply froom here before I go since it takesup to two months to get and I need to get my licence as soon as possible to start work.If I apply from here with the visa number that is ok?
Cheers John

THeir email back to me:

Thank you for your recent query to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

For information concerning an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC), please visit our website at www.workplace.gov.au/tra and go to the section marked "Domestic Skills Assessment for Australian Residents".

Please supply your address so that an application pack can be sent to you.

Thank you

Trades Recognition Australia
Victoria State Office
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Right - get it! As soon as we get the visa hopefully in a couple of months, i'll start the process off whilst selling house and belongings etc! Thanks so much - good luck and keep us updated!