Thanks

Old May 25th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default Thanks

Thanks for adding this to the site so quickly,I was hoping that you would put it on when I asked but thought it would take longer,
Thank you,
John
Old May 25th 2006, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Thanks for adding this to the site so quickly,I was hoping that you would put it on when I asked but thought it would take longer,
Thank you,
John

About time we had an electricians part on here.
Old May 26th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all...usual faces in here Hope we can share the info a bit better in here.
This link should take you to site on RTO's in WA. I think this is the road I'm going down as the TRA look like a gang of amateurs (hope their not reading just in case :scared: )
http://www.training.wa.gov.au/traini...ls-purpose.asp

Last edited by john_w; May 26th 2006 at 7:03 am. Reason: Added link...
Old May 26th 2006, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi all...usual faces in here Hope we can share the info a bit better in here.
This link should take you to site on RTO's in WA. I think this is the road I'm going down as the TRA look like a gang of amateurs (hope their not reading just in case :scared: )
http://www.training.wa.gov.au/traini...ls-purpose.asp
Hi John,I think that is the way I am going too.Not the TRA but the Energy licencing board.
Did you read my post in the other forum about it?
When are you applying?
Cheers John N

Last edited by supersonic4; May 26th 2006 at 7:46 am. Reason: adding more
Old May 26th 2006, 11:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you,
John
You're welcome.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Any one have any updates?? I've hit a brick wall in the UK, cann't do anything till in Aus. so it looks like a couple of months in Perth before I get my license. Hope we can get by on the reduced wages!!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile WA info

Hi John W,it's Lorri here John N' better half.We have been looking at the WA side of things and got this sent to us from WA, don't know if it help you any or not.

this is what I sent in a email to the energy lot,

"Hi can you tell me the steps I have to do to get my English electrical licence changed over to an West Australian licence"

This is the reply I got;
Please read the enclosed application form. You will need to supply us with the information requested of page 2.
If this cannot be supplied you will need to go through Trade Recognition Australia.

Whatever happens we have to do the regs course reguardless of which licence we get.
At the moment John is filling in his TRA but since we don't need it to get in he can send it as a Aussie resident,he wants to cover all the bases.

Qld licencing told us that it depend what TRE say as to wether he needs to do any courses.
Will keep you informed of any thing new.
Cheers Lorri
Attached Thumbnails Thanks-img025.jpg  
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: WA info

Forgot to add this on

Department of Consumerand Employment Protection EnergySafety20 Southport StreetWest Leederville WA 6007Telephone: (08) 9422 5282Facsimile: (08) 9422 5222Email: [email protected]ternet: www.energysafety.wa.gov.au
EW___________ Applicant DetailsTitle: Mr Mrs Ms MissSurname: __________________________________________________ ___________________________Given Names: __________________________________________________ _______________________Date of Birth: ________________________________
Provide details of current residential address Residential Address: __________________________________________________ ___________________Suburb: ____________________________________ State: _________ Postcode: __________
If same as above address, write “as above” Postal Address: __________________________________________________ ___________________Suburb: ____________________________________ State: _________ Postcode: __________
Provide email address details if available Home Phone: _______________________________ Work Phone: __________________________Mobile Phone: ______________________________ Facsimile: ____________________________Email Address: __________________________________________________ _______________________
Tick your selection Licence DetailsPlease indicate which type of electrical licence you require:Electrical Mechanic 0 Electrical Fitter 0
Provide documentary evidence of qualifications, training and experience in electrical work at least equal to the training and practical experience provided by an apprenticeshipSee “Completed Application” over page Training and QualificationsEmployer: __________________________________________________ __________________________Employed From (date) : _________________ To (date): _________________Location: _____________________________Details of electrical work performed during training: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________Qualifi cations gained: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
Provide details of previous electrical work experienceCopies of resumes and references may be submitted if the space provided is insufficient Employment HistoryEmployer: __________________________________________________ __________________________Employed From (date) : _________________ To (date): _________________Location: _____________________________Details of electrical work experience: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________Reference supplied with this application? Yes 0 No 0
Sign and date before submitting application DeclarationIn accordance with regulation 59 of the Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991, I declare that the information in this application or any documentation attached by me is complete and true to the best of my knowledge.Signature: ______________________________________ Date: _____________________________
All required information is to be submitted for this application to be accepted Completed Application This application must be accompanied by the following:· Documentary evidence of practical electrical training and experience. This MUST include the following documentation for applicants from:United Kingdom· City and Guilds Certificates for electrical installations, (minimum level 2)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft StudiesOr· National Vocational Qualifications (minimum level 3)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft Studies; and· Completion of apprenticeship papers and/or Joint Industry Board (JIB & SJIB) registration card in the trade of an Installation Electrician; and· Supporting work references, printed on company letter head paper, four years on-the-job experience (including the apprenticeship) in ‘A’ Grade electrical work e.g. as an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic depending on the type of licence sought Ireland· Craft Certificate issued by FAS; and · Completion of an electrical apprenticeship papers; and· Supporting work references, printed on company letter head paper, stating four years on-the-job experience (including the apprenticeship) in ‘A’ Grade electrical work e.g. as an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic depending on the type of licence soughtOtherIf you cannot provide the above documentation, you must make application for an “Australian Recognised Trade Certificate” in the trade of ‘electrical mechanic’ or ‘electrical fitter’, by contacting Trades Recognition Australia on 1300 360 992 or by email [email protected]. If you have already have been issued with an “Australian Recognised Trade Certificate” in the trade of ‘electrical mechanic’ or ‘electrical fitter’, you are eligible to apply for an ‘A’ Grade licence. You will be required to have your skills assessed by a training provider approved by the Electrical Licensing Board.· Application fee of $33.00· Proof of identification in accordance with the attached Fact SheetWhen approval is given for the issue of an ‘A’ Grade electrical worker’s licence, a registration fee of $280.00 will be required. Your registration will be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue.
Credit card details submitted as payment remain confidential at all times Payment DetailsCash Payment 0 Cheque Enclosed 0 Credit Card payment 0Cheques should be made payable to DOCEPBankCard 0 MasterCard 0 Visa 0Card Number __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __Expiry Date ????? / Amount $ ?????Cardholder’s Name: __________________________________________________ ____________________(please print)Cardholder’s Signature: __________________________________________________ _________________

The Licensing Office of EnergySafety WA maintains a database of licensed electrical and gas operatives and ensures that the information is accurate and confidential, protecting operatives against the possible fraudulent use of their name.

Applicants for an electrical or gas worker’s licence in Western Australia must prove their identity.

This fact sheet explains the requirements for an applicant to prove his or her identity.

Before an electrical or gas worker’s will be issued, applicants for an electrical or gas worker’s licence must prove their identity by presenting one form of primary identification and one form of secondary identification from the following lists.

The documentation provided may be a photocopy of the original document. At least one document provided must show the signature of the applicant.

Primary Identification Documents:

· birth certificate
· current overseas passport
· Australian passport (expired not more than two years)
· photographic driver's licence (expired not more than 12 months)
· Western Australian proof of age card (not “18+ card”)
· Australian citizenship papers
· visa or immigration document
· Australian document of identity (expired not more than two years)

Secondary Identification Documents:

· certificate of accomplishment from a recognised educational institution (or letter not more than 12 months old from the principal of such an institution)
· current bank, building society or credit union card, passbook or statement (not more than 12 months old)
· electoral enrolment card or other evidence of enrolment (not more than two years old)
· current entitlement card issued by a State or Federal Government Department eg Medicare card
· telephone, gas or electricity account (not more than two years old)
· land valuation notice (not more than two years old)
· water or local rate notice (not more than two years old)
· current licence or identity card issued by a government organisation (not a student identification card)
· Armed Services identification or discharge papers (not more than 12 months
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for the info...bit more than they sent me but its the ARTC that I come unstuck on...they wont recognise or convert any UK equivalent, so its through the TRA ( again, with all the same paperwork, again) to get my ARTC, before I can apply to a TAFE for electrical training......Know why so many skilled people go out there and dont go into the trade now!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john_w
thanks for the info...bit more than they sent me but its the ARTC that I come unstuck on...they wont recognise or convert any UK equivalent, so its through the TRA ( again, with all the same paperwork, again) to get my ARTC, before I can apply to a TAFE for electrical training......Know why so many skilled people go out there and dont go into the trade now!
Sorry John but are you sure you are reading it right? THis is in the stuff I sent:
"Documentary evidence of practical electrical training and experience. This MUST include the following documentation for applicants from:United Kingdom· City and Guilds Certificates for electrical installations, (minimum level 2)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft StudiesOr· National Vocational Qualifications (minimum level 3)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft Studies; and· Completion of apprenticeship papers and/or Joint Industry Board (JIB & SJIB) registration card in the trade of an Installation Electrician; and· Supporting work references, printed on company letter head paper, four years on-the-job experience (including the apprenticeship) in ‘A’ Grade electrical work e.g. as an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic depending on the type of licence sought
"If you cannot provide the above documentation, you must make application for an “Australian Recognised Trade cert" don't you have any of these? Sorry if I am missing the point.
Cheers Lorri
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry John but are you sure you are reading it right? THis is in the stuff I sent:
"Documentary evidence of practical electrical training and experience. This MUST include the following documentation for applicants from:United Kingdom· City and Guilds Certificates for electrical installations, (minimum level 2)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft StudiesOr· National Vocational Qualifications (minimum level 3)§ Electrical Mechanic applicants – Electrical Installations§ Electrical Fitter applicants – Electrical and Electronic Craft Studies; and· Completion of apprenticeship papers and/or Joint Industry Board (JIB & SJIB) registration card in the trade of an Installation Electrician; and· Supporting work references, printed on company letter head paper, four years on-the-job experience (including the apprenticeship) in ‘A’ Grade electrical work e.g. as an electrical fitter or an electrical mechanic depending on the type of licence sought
"If you cannot provide the above documentation, you must make application for an “Australian Recognised Trade cert" don't you have any of these? Sorry if I am missing the point.
Cheers Lorri
thanks Lorri...I must of read it totally wrong!! I can provide all my apprentice/college certificates/headed ref. but the people I've been in touch with keep going on about getting ARTC first. I'll email them again with this link. Thanks again..I'll keep you informed of any progress.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:18 am
Just Joined

daveNsharon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, you probably all know of this info ..but in case , long time member went through the electrical registration in Perth over past year or so and wrote up his experience... I have copied it here (I think!)
Attached Files
File Type: doc
baldbutts - electrical exam.doc (68.5 KB, 225 views)