Sparkys wages/salary

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice
Default Re: Sparkys wages/salary

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hi mate, i think if your thinking of going to Sydney that seems to be the most expensive place in oz so i would say you wont be as well off. I guess alot of it is down to what you want out of life. If your still into party'n all the time then yes you'l prob be skint all the time. If you want to just chill a little more you'l prob be fine. Iv hit 30 now, all me mates are settled down and think its time for me to do the same but i fancy doin that somewhere nice and hot! Dont get me wrong i still like a pint!
Stu
hi, thanks for replying,the main reason I want to go to sydney or a surburb of sydney is because my brother is there and he would be my first port of call if I need help or guidance and of course this forum,he is about an hours tube ride away from the main city area.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmistry
hi, thanks for replying,the main reason I want to go to sydney or a surburb of sydney is because my brother is there and he would be my first port of call if I need help or guidance and of course this forum,he is about an hours tube ride away from the main city area.

It is a lot more expensive out there. I have a cousin who is head chef at a hotel in the CBD and he has to rent a room at his friends house

I would imagine though that the wages would be higher out there to reflect the cost of living?, but I'm not too sure.

Well all I can say is if you don't try it you'll never know
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice

Hi,One more question (I think) If I have been classed as a Electrical Mechanic does this come under the Special class electrician or General electrician?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,One more question (I think) If I have been classed as a Electrical Mechanic does this come under the Special class electrician or General electrician?

Neither really. There are two classes here in Oz (well still in some states but not all.) Mechanic - connect to mains, Fitter - more maintenance.

In South Australia as far as I know, either can connect to mains providing they have passed the wiring rules course. In Queensland then the difference is still there.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,Sorry to be a pain but what would the ASCO code for Elec Mech would this be the same special class or am I overlooking the obvious??
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,Sorry to be a pain but what would the ASCO code for Elec Mech would this be the same special class or am I overlooking the obvious??
General Electrician 4311-11
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
General Electrician 4311-11
Ok thanks Ste o,
until i have further questions
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
If you have an ARTC certificate then there shouldn't be any need to re-apply, so you'll save yourself $300 there.

My hubby works in maintenance still here. In the UK his salary was 25,000 per year, here it is $56. I find we are better off with $56k here than we were in the UK, but then that's probably due to the fact all our bills have been paid off and we haven't got any here.

There is also a lot more overtime for him here, so in reality we are looking at around $65 - $70k a year take home pay.

The factory where hubby works have shut down's where all the staff get a week off, except the maintenance guys who work 12 hours a day while they are shut. Some really good money to be had if you're willing to work for it. (well I say work, it's more just turning up really! )

There is also such a shortage of people who will work shifts and overtime, so these jobs are quite easy to come by.

This is in South Australia, I don't know about NSW, but I'd guess that the cost of living is a lot more there. We are looking to buy a house just now and can get a fairly big 3/4 bed house with rumpus room, huge garden etc for about $230k
Hi Wendy, My OH is a spark (self-employed) we are just starting the TRA. Where abouts in SA are you? we came to Adelaide last year Stayed in Greenwith with rellies - and visited friends in Aberfoyle Park - Loved Henley beach but will probably settle in Aberfoyle. Have you got any recommendations about the areas/work

Also what was the link Steve o gave you for the ARTC please
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nizcac
Hi Wendy, My OH is a spark (self-employed) we are just starting the TRA. Where abouts in SA are you? we came to Adelaide last year Stayed in Greenwith with rellies - and visited friends in Aberfoyle Park - Loved Henley beach but will probably settle in Aberfoyle. Have you got any recommendations about the areas/work

Also what was the link Steve o gave you for the ARTC please
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Cheers steve o

It has to be said - you do get everywhere!! lol
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:24 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Nizcac
Cheers steve o

It has to be said - you do get everywhere!! lol
mmm is that a posative ???

so does dogshit
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
It makes you laugh dont it, they make so much fuss about you working over there and it sounds like the standard of work aint to clever???
Standard of work????????????????

Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve`o
they wire the lighting 2 plate with all connections at the switch
metal conduit -- rare as rockin horse shite mate
Ive brought my pipe vice and its gathering dust these buggers dont know what it is
mostley pvc cond / trunk with loads of circular cables ( mostley tpn )
without any armour

men system - 2 core supply to building the neutral is linked out to the earth bar in the main distribution board and an additional conductor is taken from the earth bar to an earth rod driven into the ground as near to the board as practicle - but they dont test the aerth bar to see if its even getting to earth ?????
the supplies are all 230 / 400 v and a lot of places only have two phases and neutral
standard of work - mmmm
shite to rough and not much better
the use frames for securing sockets and switches which is a stamped out
metal plate with a hole in the centre in either 1g or 2g flavour some with a lug at the side so you can nail it to the nearest joist / stud the connections therefore hang in the cavity if they are using foil backed plaster board they bag the connections in a wee plastic bag for protection
regards steve
I am not an electrician but know a few here in Queensland and work with some (Im in Electronics). They check the earth with a megger thing with a few wires. All the rest you say I have seen. The weirdest is no armour on open runs of cable. No wonder so many houses burn down in fires.
A guy I know here was getting $55k as an Elec mechanic and has gone to the mines to earn $135k with add ons up to $170k. (or so he says) I must meet him soon to see how he likes it.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

BobbyK81 will become famous soon enoughBobbyK81 will become famous soon enough

Hi, I'm an electrician, I heard u need 8 years experience, does this include the apprenticeship? I'm 26, been qualified for 5 years but had my own business for 2, would that count as having more experience as I have to deal with work on my own, no-one to pass the buck to??
Bobby
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:20 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by BobbyK81
Hi, I'm an electrician, I heard u need 8 years experience, does this include the apprenticeship? I'm 26, been qualified for 5 years but had my own business for 2, would that count as having more experience as I have to deal with work on my own, no-one to pass the buck to??
Bobby
hi bobby all your answers are here mate

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

i thiink your getting confused with the 7 yrs experiance for applicants without formal training as you have done an apprentiship you only have to show that youve bee employed as a sparkie for i think the last 2 yrs ( check it out here mate )

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...al-4311-11.htm

good luck
steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.