Sparkys wages/salary

Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

hoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Sparkys wages/salary

Hi can anyone shed some light on the kind of weekly/annually wages Electrician pick up.
Cheers All
Hoggy
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:03 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sparkys wages/salary

Hi mate,
iv been looking at jobs in cairns where we are going and there seems to be a big difference. One company had adverts saying $88,000 a year and some are down to $50,000. Could do with hearing from someone thats over there. Im interested in what mates rates are untill you get that A class licence??
Stu
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

andy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to all

Hi
Dont know when either of you are going out but we fly on the 25th feb to Perth. When we were there last March hubby was told that work is plentifully and mates rates were around $20 opposed to $30+ for fully licenced. It dose depend on what you are willing to do. I will let you know how he gets on. If either of you are looking at western aus have you looked at www.thewest.com.au as this where most of the jobs are listed, though they dont often tell you the wage.

Elaine
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is on $24 per hour with $4.32 shift allowance on top

He also gets 4 weeks paid holidays per year, 2 weeks paid sick leave per year, 9% super contributions.

They pay him time and half for the first 3 hours of overtime (anything over 8 hours per week day, all day Saturday and Sunday) then double for every hour after that.

There are jobs that pay less, there are jobs that pay more. It all depends on what you do, where you live etc etc. One thing I will say though is that for the sparkies there is loads of work all over the place.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:01 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi wendy
do you mind me asking what your other half does. Is he domestic/site work or maintenance? What am i on about he must be on maintenance if he gets shift allowence, sorry its been a long day in windy wet old england!!!!!
Stu

Last edited by stu:0; Jan 12th 2007 at 8:16 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hi wendy
do you mind me asking what your other half does. Is he domestic/site work or maintenance? What am i on about he must be on maintenance if he gets shift allowence, sorry its been a long day in windy wet old england!!!!!
Stu

Hi Stu

He works in a factory on PLC's etc as a Maintenance Electrician. His shift is 3pm to 11:30pm

He say's is easy work and he doesn't do much
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:10 pm
Sparky Stu

Im in maintenance at the moment myself but want do get out doing more domestic/ site work. We'l see when i get out there. A jobs a job till we get settled!
Stu
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im in maintenance at the moment myself but want do get out doing more domestic/ site work. We'l see when i get out there. A jobs a job till we get settled!
Stu

Hubby just wanted the job security for now. He said he might go back to domestic stuff in a few years when we are a bit more settled, also when he has some idea of how to actually do the job
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
Sparky Stu

Iv worked maintenance since i left school, im 30 now. I got out at weekends doing domestic stuff with a mate and have done for the past 10 years so i guess iv got the best of both worlds. Also have all qualifications for both including 16th edition and inspection and testing so i hope it should get me somewere with me ARTC.
Stu
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Iv worked maintenance since i left school, im 30 now. I got out at weekends doing domestic stuff with a mate and have done for the past 10 years so i guess iv got the best of both worlds. Also have all qualifications for both including 16th edition and inspection and testing so i hope it should get me somewere with me ARTC.
Stu

It should do.

Domestic stuff is different here though. Hubby said it's quite crap
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

hi i am an electrician hoping to move to brisbane and would like to know how different the electrics are in oz compared to the uk i have seen other electrics in different countries and thought they were quite poor can anyone help me

Andy
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:51 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
hi i am an electrician hoping to move to brisbane and would like to know how different the electrics are in oz compared to the uk i have seen other electrics in different countries and thought they were quite poor can anyone help me

Andy
what do you need to know mate

regards steve

sparkie working on the gold coast ( 80k south of brissie )
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

just wanted to know do they use 3 plate for lights twin and earth cable metal conduit is men system the same as pme system i have been told a lot of supplies are tt systems and are the standards as high as in uk any info really and how hard is it to pick up i have been an electrician for 20 years in the uk i do a lot of test and inspection over in uk is it basically the same in oz
Any info would be helpfull

Andy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:56 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
just wanted to know do they use 3 plate for lights twin and earth cable metal conduit is men system the same as pme system i have been told a lot of supplies are tt systems and are the standards as high as in uk any info really and how hard is it to pick up i have been an electrician for 20 years in the uk i do a lot of test and inspection over in uk is it basically the same in oz
Any info would be helpfull

Andy
they wire the lighting 2 plate with all connections at the switch
metal conduit -- rare as rockin horse shite mate
Ive brought my pipe vice and its gathering dust these buggers dont know what it is
mostley pvc cond / trunk with loads of circular cables ( mostley tpn )
without any armour

men system - 2 core supply to building the neutral is linked out to the earth bar in the main distribution board and an additional conductor is taken from the earth bar to an earth rod driven into the ground as near to the board as practicle - but they dont test the aerth bar to see if its even getting to earth ?????

the supplies are all 230 / 400 v and a lot of places only have two phases and neutral

standard of work - mmmm
shite to rough and not much better

the use frames for securing sockets and switches which is a stamped out
metal plate with a hole in the centre in either 1g or 2g flavour some with a lug at the side so you can nail it to the nearest joist / stud the connections therefore hang in the cavity if they are using foil backed plaster board they bag the connections in a wee plastic bag for protection

if you need any further info or help just ask mate or better still email me

regards steve
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

they dont test to see if they acctually got an earth

so the cables are like big flex then
pvc conduit and trunking easy enough dont suppose they use pyro then lol
i have read they dont use ring mains in oz just radial circuits for sockets the fuseboards must be big then
do they do a version of the on site guide like over here
is the bonding in bathrooms as mad as uk well over the top
men system is the same as uk's tt system then we dont use that much in uk
I was a bit woried to start with but seems not too much different to uk electrics guess i will see when we get over there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.