Sparky wages thread !!!!

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:25 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sparky wages thread !!!!

Thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to start a thread on what wages people are on in various states in what position they are i.e permit to work or fully licensed. Could be interesting to see how areas compare! No need to post if you find it to personal

Im in Cairns and started on $25 an hour and now moved up to $30.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sparky wages thread !!!!

OH is fully licenced and works on PLC's. He is currently on $30.50 per hour, with 4 weeks holidays, 2 weeks personal leave, 2 weeks sick leave and he accrues 2 hours Rostered days off per week (which he never gets to take so cashes them in at Xmas.) The factory shuts down for them 102 hours per year - but he works them and gets paid double time for it.

This year he should earn approx $75k.
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
OH is fully licenced and works on PLC's. He is currently on $30.50 per hour, with 4 weeks holidays, 2 weeks personal leave, 2 weeks sick leave and he accrues 2 hours Rostered days off per week (which he never gets to take so cashes them in at Xmas.) The factory shuts down for them 102 hours per year - but he works them and gets paid double time for it.

This year he should earn approx $75k.
Plenty of info there Wendy!!

Should have added i get 4 weeks hol, and a standard weeks is 38 hours, anything over is overtime.
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Plenty of info there Wendy!!

Should have added i get 4 weeks hol, and a standard weeks is 38 hours, anything over is overtime.

Yeah, same for G. Only he works 40 hours and gets paid for 38, then the 2 are carried over for shut down.
Old May 4th 2008, 11:11 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to start a thread on what wages people are on in various states in what position they are i.e permit to work or fully licensed. Could be interesting to see how areas compare! No need to post if you find it to personal

im on $33 an hour in cairns.
Old May 4th 2008, 11:16 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by youngy73
im on $33 an hour in cairns.
Haha!!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 6:36 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

i was on $25 an hr plus super plus tool allowance $16 a week

having got my contractors licence still working for the same firm doing the same work ( allthough i provide my own transport now ) i get $60 hr plus $30 call out to each job
Old May 6th 2008, 11:14 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by steve`o
i was on $25 an hr plus super plus tool allowance $16 a week

having got my contractors licence still working for the same firm doing the same work ( allthough i provide my own transport now ) i get $60 hr plus $30 call out to each job

Nice little package you got there stevo!!! Sounds like the way forward
Old May 7th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

We in Perth, hubbie just got A grade and doing agency on $35 an hour with van and phone, looking to do his contractors license now so he can go self employed

sam
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:14 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Reading various posts and looking at job adverts, a starting rate for a pommie spark with an 'A' Grade licence is anything between $20-$30 ph. Then a review after a few months and an increase if both parties are happy.

Does this seem like a fair statement?

Been offered a job at $22 ph with van, apprentice, 4-weeks hol, 10 days paid sick per year and 9% super. Looking to review the rate after a couple of months if both parties are happy. Local company in Bunbury WA (couple of hours outside Perth) with local work but i don't want to be taken advantage of for being naive.

Any opinions would be very welcome.

Cheers

John
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:25 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by NCFC
Reading various posts and looking at job adverts, a starting rate for a pommie spark with an 'A' Grade licence is anything between $20-$30 ph. Then a review after a few months and an increase if both parties are happy.

Does this seem like a fair statement?

Been offered a job at $22 ph with van, apprentice, 4-weeks hol, 10 days paid sick per year and 9% super. Looking to review the rate after a couple of months if both parties are happy. Local company in Bunbury WA (couple of hours outside Perth) with local work but i don't want to be taken advantage of for being naive.

Any opinions would be very welcome.

Cheers

John
To be honest mate i think thats pretty sh*t, I think any company you go to will offer you all the extra's but a better hourly rate? I think most companys are paying at least $28 with a licence, as long as they are gona put you up to at least $28 then i suppose it aint to bad????
Im speaking of Cairns and i hear most of the east coast is similar. I would have thought $22 is the sort of rate a TA would be on.
Oh yes and just hope you get an apprentice that wants to learn, there seem to be plenty around that dont know what day of the week it is as they are recoveing from all the drugs they took over the weekend!

Anyway good luck whatever you do mate!

Stu
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:36 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

To be honest mate i think thats pretty sh*t, I think any company you go to will offer you all the extra's but a better hourly rate? I think most companys are paying at least $28 with a licence, as long as they are gona put you up to at least $28 then i suppose it aint to bad????
Im speaking of Cairns and i hear most of the east coast is similar. I would have thought $22 is the sort of rate a TA would be on.
Oh yes and just hope you get an apprentice that wants to learn, there seem to be plenty around that dont know what day of the week it is as they are recoveing from all the drugs they took over the weekend!

Anyway good luck whatever you do mate!

Stu
Cheers stu

It's the only offer on the table at the mo so might take it, earn some money, get some experience with Aussie sparkies and look for something better while i earn. Better to be putting money in my pocket than sitting at home watching "Day's of our lives" i suppose! I'm sure something better will rear it's head eventually, or i just move up the coast to Perth where they advertise for Sparks everyday.

I might get to see the standard of work that's been mentioned on here a few times! Can't wait.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:46 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by NCFC
Cheers stu

It's the only offer on the table at the mo so might take it, earn some money, get some experience with Aussie sparkies and look for something better while i earn. Better to be putting money in my pocket than sitting at home watching "Day's of our lives" i suppose! I'm sure something better will rear it's head eventually, or i just move up the coast to Perth where they advertise for Sparks everyday.

I might get to see the standard of work that's been mentioned on here a few times! Can't wait.
Ye go for it mate, like you say better to be earning than not. I guess if you havent much experience then yes is not a bad start. If you work hard, show them what you can do then im sure they will up your money
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:44 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Stu I think our guys are getting $38 per hour in Sarina near Mackay - but I will need to check the rate when payroll send me some files next week.

Some guys have gone to the mines and are now earning $120K base and then add $30K overtime on top. This is the biggest issue we have up north as our led leckie is on only $100K (including OT).

Difference is we have a better place too work - great team and sleepy beach/rural backdrop. And we are looking at a very "very" generous bonus plan.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

we are in perth and hubbie strted on $33 now on $35 looking to get another raise when he gets Austell license which they are putting him through then goes up to $37, gets van, super, sick and 4 weeks hol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.