Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Queensland electrical licence

Queensland electrical licence

Old Jan 25th 2016, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

jam.skinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queensland electrical licence

Hi, is anybody in the process of acquiring the Queensland mechanic licence? Im interested to know how you are getting on with the process and if you have any tips to share?

I found this if it's any use

https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/lice...eas-applicants

I have got the otsr and am currently to the medicals stage of visa application.

Thanks in advance
Jamie
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:41 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland electrical licence

Originally Posted by jam.skinner
Hi, is anybody in the process of acquiring the Queensland mechanic licence? Im interested to know how you are getting on with the process and if you have any tips to share?

I found this if it's any use

https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/lice...eas-applicants

I have got the otsr and am currently to the medicals stage of visa application.

Thanks in advance
Jamie
Hi Jamie

Not sure if you've seen this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/elect...e-help-840023/

The advice from Steve'O (post #13 in that thread) may be worth a look
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link, very helpful. I did read of the guy that was supposedly helpful for migrants but thought it may be myth. I have messaged the rto and am awaiting a reply. HomePage Link for the training organisation. Has info on the mechanic licence tab for others with otsr.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 12:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, very helpful. I did read of the guy that was supposedly helpful for migrants but thought it may be myth. I have messaged the rto and am awaiting a reply. HomePage Link for the training organisation. Has info on the mechanic licence tab for others with otsr.
good luck with that - let us know how you go
Old Mar 20th 2016, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Update, the course cost is $3750 and likely to increase. I must get the restricted licence and find a job before enrolling. I believe this is so I can gain local knowledge and pick up the regs from being on the job with qualified guys.
Will be moving in August and looking for a job straight away.
I'll update on the restricted licence when I get that.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:13 pm

Update, the course cost is $3750 and likely to increase. I must get the restricted licence and find a job before enrolling. I believe this is so I can gain local knowledge and pick up the regs from being on the job with qualified guys.
Will be moving in August and looking for a job straight away.
I'll update on the restricted licence when I get that.
You will need to show your OTSR to get supervised workers license. You wont learn the regs on the job in all likelihood so keep an eye out for second hand copies. You'll probably also need to refresh yourself on cable calcs - max demand, current carrying capacity, volt drops, etc