Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

pratical assessment not needed?

pratical assessment not needed?

Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:25 am
Just Joined

whv_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pratical assessment not needed?

just recieved an email, good news for me anothers
http://australianmigrations.com.au/p...vember2013.pdf
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

colinmaclec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pratical assessment not needed?

Yes and there will be people queing at the airport when you arrive to employ you on at least $60ph
Old Nov 1st 2013, 6:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whv_sparky
just recieved an email, good news for me anothers
http://australianmigrations.com.au/p...vember2013.pdf
News from the skills assessing authorities
• Electricians with an Australian licence and an ARTC assessment may no longer need to do a practical assessment in order to obtain a
skills assessment for migration purposes

honestly carnt see why they even bothered to announce this as
the number of people effected by this will be miniscule

just how often will some wanting to emigrate to au already hold an au electrical license and an artc?
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 1:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
News from the skills assessing authorities
• Electricians with an Australian licence and an ARTC assessment may no longer need to do a practical assessment in order to obtain a
skills assessment for migration purposes

honestly carnt see why they even bothered to announce this as
the number of people effected by this will be miniscule

just how often will some wanting to emigrate to au already hold an au electrical license and an artc?
Those over here on WHV or have been I guess. As an aside, I did the prac at Vic Uni where I was the only one not already with a license - there were 7 of us in total and 3 of them had previously failed the prac despite already holding ARTC and A license. On the day, listening to answers given I would say more than one failed that one too, so they are going to be pleased by this announcement.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:15 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Those over here on WHV or have been I guess. As an aside, I did the prac at Vic Uni where I was the only one not already with a license - there were 7 of us in total and 3 of them had previously failed the prac despite already holding ARTC and A license. On the day, listening to answers given I would say more than one failed that one too, so they are going to be pleased by this announcement.
how can you already hold an Australian electrical license without having an artc or the vetts equivalent?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 2:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
how can you already hold an Australian electrical license without having an artc or the vetts equivalent?
No they would have to have ARTC which was what I said - but you only have to show paperwork for that and no practical test. ARTC cannot be used for PR though, so anyone going from WHV to PR then has to do Vetassess, Vic Uni or now Future Skills.

I can't think of any other scenario where you would have ARTC and license though - maybe someone going from temporary spouse visa to skilled, but wouldn't think that would be many. The main would be WHV I would think.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

whv_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently 2 years into my 457 visa, artc granted, and licenced sparky through peer.
This should save me $3000+