practical exam theory

Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi guys can you open another thread for chatting??
the idea of this thread is info for thoose taking exams
yep, sorry steve, didnt check the forum i was on.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi easter,
did you recieve my pm i sent you?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

DAVE AND SHARON 08 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello steve'o im in the early stages of applying for my visa and know im gonna come up against this skills assesment test. i just wondered if u had a link or know were i can find out what exactly is in the test so i can do some much needed studying and refresh myself as i have forgoten most of my college days. im absolutly dredding it as i just scrapped through on my science side of my 16th edition and have heard this is the same type of exam and is meant to be quite expensive? i will look through your links to refresh myself a bit but do u or anyone know of a decent book to revise with? thanks for your help, this site is very usefull
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DAVE AND SHARON 08
hello steve'o im in the early stages of applying for my visa and know im gonna come up against this skills assesment test. i just wondered if u had a link or know were i can find out what exactly is in the test so i can do some much needed studying and refresh myself as i have forgoten most of my college days. im absolutly dredding it as i just scrapped through on my science side of my 16th edition and have heard this is the same type of exam and is meant to be quite expensive? i will look through your links to refresh myself a bit but do u or anyone know of a decent book to revise with? thanks for your help, this site is very usefull
try the vetassess website and look for electrician practical test, its there somewhere!

www.vetassess.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Try Electrical Installation Work by Brian Scadden. [he used to set the 2391 papers for C&G] everything is in it. It's also just the right size to prop up a wobbley table when you finished.Davy.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Easter is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I did thankyou very much!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

shaun_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Can anyone who has just sat the vetassess practical exam let me know how much theory is involved. The info I got from them says about impedance and reactance etc. But all that stuff is lost right at the back of my brain.
Also the motor circuit with the banana leads on the board? Is it drawn on the board and you just have to join the relevant parts of the circuit to make it work with no actual motor?

If anyone can help thanks very very much.

A very worried man from Hull...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Hello Mate,You get a circuit diagram for the motor,the theoryu is power calculations,resistors series & parallel,ohms law all the usual college stuff....

Easter
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

hagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nice

when you do your theory, what can you take in with you? eg are you meant to know all the band colours of a resistor from memory?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Pens, Calculator, You don't need to know the colours.Davy
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

i have been cutting & pasting lots of your web links mate into a word document for people on here, i must say Steve your links & descriptions are bloody fantastic, well done mate.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:05 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
steve`o;

i have been cutting & pasting lots of your web links mate into a word document for people on here, i must say Steve your links & descriptions are bloody fantastic, well done mate.
just remember where the royalty cheques go
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Hi im new to the site, got my test 28 oct resit, failed in april, any advice please mate <<snip>>

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 25th 2008 at 2:06 pm. Reason: or privacy reasons please do not post your phone number/email address on the open forum
Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

Mnnnnnnnnnnn does that mean i have to bring you a Fish & Chip Butty.???
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:16 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

For those with time on the hands (my test is on the 30th oct 2008, tomorrow). I have found this book invaluable, i got the 2nd hand ones (mint condition)for under a tenner. All the basics needed for the theory part. Worth every penny..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrical-I...5275126&sr=8-1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.