practical exam theory

Old Nov 14th 2017, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by shanth
dear. (used in the salutation of a letter as an expression of affection or respect or as a conventional greeting): Dear Sir.
Your English is fine, but just FYI, calling people you don't know 'dear' isn't seen an expression of affection or respect in the UK, in fact it's seen as the opposite by most. So just a heads up really, best not to use it unless it actually is on a letter with a name after it!

HTH, good luck with your move.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

shanth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your English is fine, but just FYI, calling people you don't know 'dear' isn't seen an expression of affection or respect in the UK, in fact it's seen as the opposite by most. So just a heads up really, best not to use it unless it actually is on a letter with a name after it!

HTH, good luck with your move.
christmasoompa,

thanks for your reply, i am from India and I don't have much knowledge of UK English.

In my last post i had apologized regarding the same.

Regarding my language skills compared to UK people not so good but my IELTS score is 7, i don't think it will be obstacle for my visa process.

Really i didn't expected these type of discussions. in my first post i had clearly mentioned that any one who had attended practical exam from Mumbai, India.

From there every discussion went in wrong direction.

small suggestion from my side if you really want to help people please ignore their language mistakes because people come here seeking some help from different countries and culture.

people visit this forum seeking some help and i don't want to discourage them.

I am sorry for having taken your precious time.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

michael26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I need to book my Australian skills assessment practical with futureskills in Ealing Broadway. I was wondering if anyone has done this exam there in the last year or so and if so, do you have any tips. Is the practical exam the same no matter where you do it in the world or would say it differs again. Also, Im assuming you need to take your own tools and equipment, is that correct or do you have to use what they supply you with? Thanks
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:59 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michael26
Hi guys, I need to book my Australian skills assessment practical with futureskills in Ealing Broadway. I was wondering if anyone has done this exam there in the last year or so and if so, do you have any tips. Is the practical exam the same no matter where you do it in the world or would say it differs again. Also, Im assuming you need to take your own tools and equipment, is that correct or do you have to use what they supply you with? Thanks
The practical is set and will ne the same wherever you take it. It should be take your own tools but be careful if flying - they will have to go as checked baggage.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:29 pm
Banned

alain2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
what exam is this?? I thought I just needed to do the wiring regs course and get me ARTC??:curse: I think if I have to jump through any more hoops I'll just go home and earn some much needed cash
exam without any job
Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alain2020
exam without any job
You are responding to a post from 2008.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Zambian31 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys would appreciate some help please
i have my practical and theory exam in 2 weeks, i have purchased study material from the down under centre
would like to know what other material i can look over before my exam

Brad

Last edited by Zambian31; Jan 23rd 2018 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Zambian31 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi dave92
what info can you pass on, what study material did you use, i have the down under material but what else can i use to study
Old Jan 24th 2018, 8:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambian31
hi guys would appreciate some help please
i have my practical and theory exam in 2 weeks, i have purchased study material from the down under centre
would like to know what other material i can look over before my exam

Brad
You could check out the Vetassess info sheets for safe isolation - disconnect/reconnect
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:11 am
Just Joined

varun040616 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear friends,

I am about to sit my practical assessment for electrician in Melbourne with Vetassess.

Can anyone who took the test in Melbourne kindly clear some of my doubts.

1. For disconnection , which appliance was given? Single phase motor or three phase

2. What stuff was to be connected for the distribution board and do we have to use different RCDS for power and light? I have very less experience in installation. Do we get T joints for connecting conduits?

3. was the starter star delta or DOL ?

Any prompt reply will be really appreciated as sitting exam in couple of days
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by varun040616
Dear friends,

I am about to sit my practical assessment for electrician in Melbourne with Vetassess.

Can anyone who took the test in Melbourne kindly clear some of my doubts.

1. For disconnection , which appliance was given? Single phase motor or three phase

2. What stuff was to be connected for the distribution board and do we have to use different RCDS for power and light? I have very less experience in installation. Do we get T joints for connecting conduits?

3. was the starter star delta or DOL ?

Any prompt reply will be really appreciated as sitting exam in couple of days
Not done the test recently but not aware of any changes.

The disconnect was a three phase pump motor.

Board for domestic - yes you need separate RCD's for power and lighting. Can't remember joints, but there was a dog-leg or offset bend to be done in a short run - sizes all given, PVC conduit.

Starter is DOL.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:19 am
Just Joined

A personal email will be much appreciated thanks in advance

And kindly reply that do we have to connect the db with earth ?

or an MEN will suffice

Last edited by old.sparkles; Mar 3rd 2018 at 6:32 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:34 am

A personal email will be much appreciated thanks in advance

And kindly reply that do we have to connect the db with earth ?

or an MEN will suffice
Sorry, no personal emails please.

You need to add earth.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not done the test recently but not aware of any changes.

The disconnect was a three phase pump motor.

Board for domestic - yes you need separate RCD's for power and lighting. Can't remember joints, but there was a dog-leg or offset bend to be done in a short run - sizes all given, PVC conduit.

Starter is DOL.
THANKS MATE FOR THE PROMPT REPLY...

CAN WE USE RCD COMBINATIONS OR SIMPLE RCDS .. AND HOW TO SELECT THE CABLE ... I KNOW THAT FOR POWER IT SHOULD BE 2.5 AND FOR LIGHT 1.5 ...
MINIMUM RCD IS 40 AMPS IN AUSTRALIA SO WHAT SIZE THE MAIN BREAKER SHOULD BE AD THE CONDUCTOR SIZE?

AND DO WE HAVE TO DO THE BONDING EARTH
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:44 am

THANKS MATE FOR THE PROMPT REPLY...

CAN WE USE RCD COMBINATIONS OR SIMPLE RCDS .. AND HOW TO SELECT THE CABLE ... I KNOW THAT FOR POWER IT SHOULD BE 2.5 AND FOR LIGHT 1.5 ...
MINIMUM RCD IS 40 AMPS IN AUSTRALIA SO WHAT SIZE THE MAIN BREAKER SHOULD BE AD THE CONDUCTOR SIZE?

AND DO WE HAVE TO DO THE BONDING EARTH
Please do not shout at me (all capitals is shouting )

You use what is available - you'll have a selection to choose from. Minimum RCD is not 40 amps - not sure where you got that from?

Cable sizes were specified I think, but select a suitable size for the load - not all loads are 10A socket outlets or lighting. Can't remember if we had a book to help or if I took mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.