practical exam theory

Old Dec 1st 2016, 8:30 am
Just Joined

diogo.cesar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory

Hi all,

I am from Brazil and in the next year I will try to get approbation in this assessment as electrician general, someone knows if I will need a band 6 in IELTs test before I try this assessment either in UK or South Africa? Other question it is about de institute, which one do you recommend, I was searching about Future Skill..... thanks.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 8:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diogo.cesar
Hi all,

I am from Brazil and in the next year I will try to get approbation in this assessment as electrician general, someone knows if I will need a band 6 in IELTs test before I try this assessment either in UK or South Africa? Other question it is about de institute, which one do you recommend, I was searching about Future Skill..... thanks.
Are you eligible for an assessment with Future Skills? I think if you are from Brazil you will need to go through TRA = http://www.tradesrecognitionaustrali...20summary.aspx

You will need at least IELTS (or similar) band 6 for visa application but I cannot see a requirement for you to have this for either Vetassess (If you hold an eligible passport) or TRA.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Thank you old.sparkles for your quick reply. So I did not understand all the process yet. If I will need this kind of assessment, what is difference among TRA or Future Skill..... because in the future of any way, I will prove my habilities through this assessment.....
Old Dec 1st 2016, 6:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you old.sparkles for your quick reply. So I did not understand all the process yet. If I will need this kind of assessment, what is difference among TRA or Future Skill..... because in the future of any way, I will prove my habilities through this assessment.....
If you check the link I posted, there are two types of assessment for electricians. If you hold a UK passport (and a number of others) then you need to have your skills assessed by an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) - Vetassess, Victoria University or Future Skills. The outcome of this assessment is an OTSR (Offshore Technical Skills Record).

For holders of passports other than those included above, Trades Recognition Australia (who are the formal body anyway) conduct the assessment and issue a migration skills assessment.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you check the link I posted, there are two types of assessment for electricians. If you hold a UK passport (and a number of others) then you need to have your skills assessed by an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) - Vetassess, Victoria University or Future Skills. The outcome of this assessment is an OTSR (Offshore Technical Skills Record).

For holders of passports other than those included above, Trades Recognition Australia (who are the formal body anyway) conduct the assessment and issue a migration skills assessment.
Thank you again for your answer, now I think that I understood the process, so about that, do think that the test will be different from the RTO? Do you know someone that did this kind of test?
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 5:20 am

Thank you again for your answer, now I think that I understood the process, so about that, do think that the test will be different from the RTO? Do you know someone that did this kind of test?
If you read the information on the TRA site you will find the MSA is an assessment of your qualifications and experience - no test involved. This may give you issues when it comes to gap training and getting licensed though, depending on which state you go to.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Matthew91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have my electrical skills assessment next week with future skills. And was wondering if someone could someone give details on the disconnect reconnect procedure please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Matthew91
Hi I have my electrical skills assessment next week with future skills. And was wondering if someone could someone give details on the disconnect reconnect procedure please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Have you checked the Vetassess site at all? They used to have the procedure on there.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Medhat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hasselhoff86
Yeah I have done it in Perth 2 weeks ago, send me your email and il send you on schematic and practice questions etc..
Hi
My husband will pass the exam after tomorrow
Very stressed

Any help with voltdrop and cable size would be appreciated
Old Feb 9th 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Medhat
Hi
My husband will pass the exam after tomorrow
Very stressed

Any help with voltdrop and cable size would be appreciated
I don't think there are any questions on those sort of calculations in the skills assessment. These do come up in gap training though.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Carlnewton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
I'm new to this site, I've Got my electrical skills test soon, have anybody done theres recently and have you got any tips,i.e. Stop start DOL motor circuit.
Many thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:58 am
Just Joined

woody2709 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the train now to London for my exam tomorrow at the down under centre. Hopefully revised up enough and on whats hopefully going to pop up in my exam. Spent the last 2 years in Australia, about 1 year 4 months in the northern territory working for electrical companies. As i was unlicensed but working in the industry with A grade sparks, does this work experience account towards 189/190 points?

Also anyone sat the practical/theory recently, could you compare it to the AM2?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 4th 2017 at 1:37 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there's an edit button you can use if you think of something you want to add after posting.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

ryan1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woody2709
On the train now to London for my exam tomorrow at the down under centre. Hopefully revised up enough and on whats hopefully going to pop up in my exam. Spent the last 2 years in Australia, about 1 year 4 months in the northern territory working for electrical companies. As i was unlicensed but working in the industry with A grade sparks, does this work experience account towards 189/190 points?

Also anyone sat the practical/theory recently, could you compare it to the AM2?

How did you find the skill assessment I have mine at the down under centre next month.

Had a couple questions if anyone could clear them up

1) if you fail a part of the skill assessment do you have to resit the whole thing

2) when do you find out how you have done in the assessment
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by ryan1992
How did you find the skill assessment I have mine at the down under centre next month.

Had a couple questions if anyone could clear them up

1) if you fail a part of the skill assessment do you have to resit the whole thing

2) when do you find out how you have done in the assessment
If you fail part of the assessment, I think you can apply for reassessment for those parts you were deemed as 'not yet competent' (according to Vetassess website). Whether or not this means the whole practical or not, is not clear. When I did my practical in Melbourne there were people on their second and third attempts of the prac, and they were having to redo all of it every time (this was a Vic Uni assessment). As you are most likely Future Skills, either send an enquiry to the DUC or Future Skills for the most definitive answer.

You usually have an idea on the day if you've passed or failed, but I think the official result takes 7-10days.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:35 am
Just Joined

ryan1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you fail part of the assessment, I think you can apply for reassessment for those parts you were deemed as 'not yet competent' (according to Vetassess website). Whether or not this means the whole practical or not, is not clear. When I did my practical in Melbourne there were people on their second and third attempts of the prac, and they were having to redo all of it every time (this was a Vic Uni assessment). As you are most likely Future Skills, either send an enquiry to the DUC or Future Skills for the most definitive answer.

You usually have an idea on the day if you've passed or failed, but I think the official result takes 7-10days.

Perfect thanks for the reply. I'll get in touch with the down under centre and ask them a few more questions aswell. They also sell a book it's £50 and they recommend it if you need to brush up on anything before the assessment. Has anyone purchased this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.