practical exam theory

Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by andymack
Hello everyone, just joined. i am having a nightmare in Australia and need some advice. I am trying to get my Electrical A grade for WA but its taking ages to precoces and am running out off cash.I have applied to the TRA people for assessment but its taking ages and have had to turn down work. Dose anyone know if you can sit this test in the UK as i am planning to fly home to look for work again. I worked for 4 years in the North Sea As an Inst /elec tech and before that i completed a 4 year apprentship, but the Electrical board over here only want to give my a restricted Inst controls licence which is no use. Once you get your response from the trade assessment people dose anyone know how long it lasts for.

Cheers Andy
tra ? do you mean artc if so they normally turn applications around in under 30 days, once youve sorted your artc is reletivley straight forward
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I am new to here, want to wish everyone a happy new year and hope it all goes well.
does anyone have any idea on what the latest theory and practical questions and tasks for the assessment.
I am from South Africa
Cheers Dean
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:12 am
Just Joined

wingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nice

HI All

Got my ARTC trade test for Electrical Mechanic in Brisbane on Monday. I've been revising all the stuff on the this thread, Thanks to Steve for starting it and everyone else who has contributed.

Just wanted to know, as this thread deals with the mainly UK based assessments is there anything else I need to know that's specific to the test I'll be taking on Monday. I'd love to hear from anyone with recent experience and I'm sure others will also benefit.

Cheers
Jamie

PS I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wingspan
HI All

Got my ARTC trade test for Electrical Mechanic in Brisbane on Monday. I've been revising all the stuff on the this thread, Thanks to Steve for starting it and everyone else who has contributed.

Just wanted to know, as this thread deals with the mainly UK based assessments is there anything else I need to know that's specific to the test I'll be taking on Monday. I'd love to hear from anyone with recent experience and I'm sure others will also benefit.

Cheers
Jamie

PS I'll let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.
this might help
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

wingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nicewingspan is just really nice

You legend Steve'o!

I tried searching "trade test" and couldn't find anything, Didn't think to look under trade interview.

Cheers
J
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:07 am
Just Joined

TEYYARE is an unknown quantity at this point

HI ALL MEMBERS

I LIVE IN MELBOURNE AND IM ON SPOUSE VISA.I JUST APPLIED TO TRA AND RECEIVED THE MAIL THAT I NEED THEORY AND PRACTICAL EXAM. IM ASKING ALL THE MEMBERS TO HELP ME PLEASE. I WANT TO KNOW THE QUESTIONS COVERED IN THEORY TEST ALSO A BIT ON THE PRACTICAL TEST, BUT I NEED MORE INFORMATION ON THE THEORY TEST. ALSO IF ANYONE ATTENDED THE ASSESSMENT IN MELBOURNE, WHERE DID YOU SIT THE TEST AND WHAT HAPPENED IF YOU COULD INFORM ME PLEASE. I FEEL PRETTY CONFIDENT WITH PRACTICAL HOWEVER IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME WITH THE THEORY THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU ALL

KENT
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:32 am
Just Joined

I also found on youtube a series of lectures from some Indian University, everything from power factor to induction motors.

The group is called nptel. There are "£$% loads of lectures on there.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
as you need to learn new regs ie asnz 3000:2007 it would be pretty pointless testing your knowledge of 7671, they need to know that your electrical knowledge is up to scratch

getting a company through nic enrollments fun isnt it i know as my company was "niccy" registered in the uk
i did the c&g 240 on the niccys mans recommedation then found out i could have got away with doing the 239 which meant alot of extra work for nothing at the time, but in retrospect i`m glad i did as it brushed up on all those thinsg that you forget / dont use after your apprentiship,

good luck

regards steve
Hi

I'm pretty new to the site and I'm just reading through some of the posts on this thread, am I right in assuming that you can be assessed for suitabillity in the UK to work as a spark in Oz? I was thinking of moving to Canada and looked into all their requirements, ie CEC regs, red seal interprovincial licence etc, and started learning their codes, but there doesn't seem to be any work overthere despite the Canadian High Commision still prioritising a demand on their national occupation list. And from the cold snap we've just had here in the UK, has made me smell the coffee. Its made me realise I need to move somewhere warm and preferbly where theres some jobs that are welcome to be filled by foreigners.

I also had a niccy registered firm a couple of years ago and I recently did a periodic inspection on a house for a friend of mine, and had to purchase the 17th edition to see what the changes were. As for the past two years I've been working as a laundry/catering/fridge engineer, and was up to scratch with the 16th edition but don't use it now with the job I do.

Me and our lass are planning to visit Oz hopefully before the end of June, but aren't sure which part to go to as yet, as the inspiration is something new to us. I know of many sparks that moved to Oz about 5 years ago but I'm not in touch with them. I intend to do some fact finding on living in Oz whilst we're there, ie food, electric, gas, rates, water rates, housing costs, and of course if there's any jobs for sparks and if the wages will support the cost of living. I should imagine it will be forbidden to look for work as a tourist, but I'm sure a visit to an electrical contractors yard or an wholesalers for a chat on the differences in methods between Oz and the UK won't be misconstrued as applying for a job.

Sorry I've gone off at a tangent with this post but you know how it is when you open your mind, the next thing you know time has flown by and you can end up putting the world to rights. Bye the way as a matter of interest, who was your niccy area engineer. Mine was Bill Brady and Tony Harrison, they covered the Leeds area. Any way if you can be assessd for Oz suitabillity, how much does it cost and how much is a copy of the Oz wiring regs/code?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

markthespark is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all

Just wondered if anybody else on here is attending the March vetassess practical at Blackburn college?

Also if anybody has any decent wiring diagrams/info on the DOL starter they could pass on i'd really appreciate it, thats the only thing i'm a bit nervous of due to not really coming across them at work

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:47 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by markthespark
Evening all

Just wondered if anybody else on here is attending the March vetassess practical at Blackburn college?

Also if anybody has any decent wiring diagrams/info on the DOL starter they could pass on i'd really appreciate it, thats the only thing i'm a bit nervous of due to not really coming across them at work

Many thanks in advance
first post on this thread mate
Old Jul 14th 2010, 1:35 am
Just Joined

dollar_124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
first post on this thread mate
Dear all,
Thanks everyone who have contributed the blog to very effective and useful.
I applied for Electrical Mechanic and I participated TRA written test on 17.06.10.
In conjunction with the 27 questions that have been provided in this blog, I want to include few more questions.
01) Give a wiring diagram of house with, 3 outlets, with 2 bulbs, with 1 Air-con and few more loads with proper Circuit breaker and proper cable with accurate color of wiring.
02) Give the name of 3 types of fuse.
03) What you check if you find a motor is hot?
04) What's are procedure you follow in installation and commissioning a house wiring?
...After one month, TRA has given me recognition for Electrical Fitter.
I don't know the differences between a fitter and mechanic...Can anyone kindly let me know the differences and restrictions of fitter.
I wanted to be 'A Grade Electrician' but things came different...
Can anybody kindly tell me if its possible to get 'A Grade Electricain License' in long terms if I work as Fitter?
I will be very glad if anyone kindly answers me...
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

dollar_124

you may struggle to get the full license in some states with the fitters license you may also be limited to panel wiring at best.
i would be going for the mechanics license thats unlimited for electrical work

arthur
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:36 am
gm7
Just Joined

gm7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: practical exam theory

hi all i m new to here,now i am preparing my assessment to vetasses but in evidence detail of work practice like how to setup and perform correct circuit test,earth cont. resistance test,insulation resistance test and correct polarity test has confusion how to describe? so need help to sort out this i had positive tra in 2k7 but now it is not valid under new rules.does tra paper qualification (on job training and 15 yrs exper without trade certificate) could be also valid for vetassess.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

chisam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,,, am new also, worried also, as a domestic electrician, not used to DOL starters but the threads have been real helpfull.
Seems everyone says revise Ohm's law calcs. so done that too. Have got my test NEXT WEEK and am having trouble taking in Impedance, Inductive reactance calculations.
Do they ask many question on these ? Also Power Factors and RMS values, I have used YouTube to take in all the previous stuff as I find it so much easier to be "shown" or "told" than to "read" explanations.

Any replies / suggestions much appreciated
Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

Have you tried you tube ????, it explains with video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.