practical exam theory

Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default practical exam theory

mmm the dreaded theory side
i would guess that 90% of us have forgotten 90% of what we learned at tech,

so the reason behind this thread is a sort of revision of what we already know

so i`ll start of with DOL starters and a wiring diagram if you what info / wiring diagrams please ask via PM /email otherwise this thread will be chocker with chit chat and it`ll slow down others wanting info

SO DOL starters and a wiring diagram
http://www.wiringmanual.com/motor032.html#wp1284318

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 7th 2009 at 9:35 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:43 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory

star delta starters
http://www.wiringmanual.com/motor039.html
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:46 am
Worongary

resistor colour codes and ohms law
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadge...s/resistor.htm

lots to read here bring a brew and a sarni along
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:49 am
Worongary

electrical motor theory AC & DC

http://www.physclips.unsw.edu.au/jw/electricmotors.html

another one that requires several brews to complete
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

what exam is this?? I thought I just needed to do the wiring regs course and get me ARTC??:curse: I think if I have to jump through any more hoops I'll just go home and earn some much needed cash
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:57 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
what exam is this?? I thought I just needed to do the wiring regs course and get me ARTC??:curse: I think if I have to jump through any more hoops I'll just go home and earn some much needed cash
as past of the new vetesses route sparks have to do a practical exam of which approx half is theory hence the thread
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve`o
as past of the new vetesses route sparks have to do a practical exam of which approx half is theory hence the thread

oh so i'm ok then, thank god for that! I'm waiting for my ARTC result hence i'm a bit twitchy lol
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Thanks Steve you are so helpful my OH will I am sure enjoy looking at all of this over a cuppa. Thanks again.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:17 pm
Perth here we come!

lindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nicelindseymcc is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
oh so i'm ok then, thank god for that! I'm waiting for my ARTC result hence i'm a bit twitchy lol
Hi Jamie sorry for buttin in but whendid u apply for your ARTC? We applied over 3 weeks ago and still havent heard anything?So rather nervous that my oh might still get a phone test in the middle of the night
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Direct on Line (3 Phase) with overload diagram

DOL 3

Direct on Line (Single Phase) with overload diagram

DOL 1

Last edited by docgp; Mar 10th 2008 at 5:46 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Steve'o your just fantastic
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Thanks Steve, this is a great help for all those who are swotting up!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. Thanks for the Karma, mucho surprise!!!!

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:21 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Becky723359
Steve'o your just fantastic
Praise and adulation are only accepted if accompanied by copious amounts of beer
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

If we were in good old Oz in the sunshine I would certainly get the beers going, but as we're in battered Britain, I can only send you back karma!!!!!!!

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

some theory formulae that may be useful

Electrical Formulae

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.