Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

list of stuff to send to vetassess

list of stuff to send to vetassess

Old Jun 14th 2014, 3:09 pm
uk soon to be in oz

deanoleeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default list of stuff to send to vetassess

just getting all my stuff/evidence together to send to vetassass and was wondering if i've got everything or if there's any extra stuff i could send.

so far i've got -
CV
electrical qualification certificates
other certificates to do with work (multiskilling nvq level 2, asbestos, working at heights)
copy of assessment record from the NICEIC for been a qualified supervisor with them
copy of CSC card
references from 2 supervisors at work
work history record form our H/R department
pics of jobs i've done (low voltage wet floor shower pump/immersion heater element replacement/low voltage fan/renewing an electric shower) i am going to get more
copy of work ID

any thing else i can get for it before i get it sent off next month?
Old Jun 14th 2014, 11:22 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: list of stuff to send to vetassess

Originally Posted by deanoleeds
just getting all my stuff/evidence together to send to vetassass and was wondering if i've got everything or if there's any extra stuff i could send.

so far i've got -
CV
other certificates to do with work (multiskilling nvq level 2, asbestos, working at heights)
copy of assessment record from the NICEIC for been a qualified supervisor with them
copy of CSC card
pics of jobs i've done (low voltage wet floor shower pump/immersion heater element replacement/low voltage fan/renewing an electric shower) i am going to get more
copy of work ID

Vetassess has a list on their website - Required documents for applying online (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS

Have you completed the Tradeset report? - Assessment process (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:47 am
uk soon to be in oz

thanks, i knew i'd seen a list but couldn't find it. so i'm nearly there then as far as i can see once i get my references sorted and some more bits of evidence (p60's for the last 3 years and more video's/pics of jobs), i'll be good to get it sent off.

i've not done that yet, thought you filled that out when you applied
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:47 am
uk soon to be in oz

thanks, i knew i'd seen a list but couldn't find it. so i'm nearly there then as far as i can see once i get my references sorted and some more bits of evidence (p60's for the last 3 years and more video's/pics of jobs), i'll be good to get it sent off.

Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Think you have to do tradeset just before applying so that it can be included - was when I did it anyway.

Just had a bit more of a nose around the Vetassess site - have you seen the candidate guides - Candidate guides (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS
Old Jun 15th 2014, 8:20 am
uk soon to be in oz

cheers again, when i make it to oz i owe you a schooner for all the advice lol
Old Jun 15th 2014, 8:26 am

cheers again, when i make it to oz i owe you a schooner for all the advice lol
no worries Dean - where are you planning on heading?
Old Jun 15th 2014, 9:36 am
uk soon to be in oz

Sydney for at least the first year and 1/2. i've already got loads of friends that live there, after that i'm thinking of trying to go work on the mines but i'll look more in to that when i get over there (i've a friend that works in recruitment for the mines but its world wide he does, i'm hoping he has some contacts)
Old Jun 15th 2014, 9:55 am

Sydney for at least the first year and 1/2. i've already got loads of friends that live there, after that i'm thinking of trying to go work on the mines but i'll look more in to that when i get over there (i've a friend that works in recruitment for the mines but its world wide he does, i'm hoping he has some contacts)
There should be some threads on here or licensing in NSW when the time comes, but they do at least have a pay grade for unlicensed sparks in NSW so you should be good. Not sure what the job situation is like though - seek is probably one to check - and Randstad seem to do a fair bit of recruiting. May be worthwhile setting up a LinkedIn account as well if you haven't already got a profile if you want to head into mining later
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Shropshire.sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

so far i've got -
CV
copy of CSC card
copy of work ID

Hello ladies and gents can any one help in currently in the process to send an application to Vetassess to get my electrical qualifications recognised and I am really struggling to get the references from my uk previous employers . Can any one send any references they have sent so I kind of get a few samples of exactly what I'm going to need .

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Shropshire.sparky
Hello ladies and gents can any one help in currently in the process to send an application to Vetassess to get my electrical qualifications recognised and I am really struggling to get the references from my uk previous employers . Can any one send any references they have sent so I kind of get a few samples of exactly what I'm going to need .

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you
Isn't there guidance on the Vetassess site? The guide for general electrician - http://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/...DIDATE_PES.pdf

I was forwarded an example reference for ARTC application which I've attached, but my references for skills assessment weren't that detailed
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ref example.pdf (2.52 MB, 256 views)