Licence and training in Qld

Old Jul 24th 2016, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Mrs_skinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Licence and training in Qld

Hi, My husband has the ostr and we arrive in Brisbane on 18th August. By the looks of things he can't get an electrical permit until he has a job, will it be a problem getting a job without a permit?
Does anyone know of any funding that could be applied for to go towards paying for college training?
Thanks
Lucy
Old Jul 25th 2016, 12:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Licence and training in Qld

Originally Posted by Mrs_skinner
Hi, My husband has the ostr and we arrive in Brisbane on 18th August. By the looks of things he can't get an electrical permit until he has a job, will it be a problem getting a job without a permit?
Does anyone know of any funding that could be applied for to go towards paying for college training?
Thanks
Lucy
Hi Lucy, your husband should be able to apply for a training license - https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/lice...han-apprentice

There is also a list of RTOs on the site - https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/lice...-organisations - that may be able to help with gap training and other requirements

And to add, he has an OTSR - Offshore Technical Skills Record