IELTS

Old Aug 15th 2014, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile IELTS

Took my IELTS general exam on Saturday 2nd August at Manchester University. I needed 7's in all subjects to get me the additional 10 points for my visa application. Just checked online today as the results are available 13 days after your exam and I got R-9 W-7.5 S-9 L-9 and I am over the moon to say the least. For all those preparing to sit the exam I recommend the book in the link below. I know there are lots of free materials out there but this book was a god send to me. And finally I am not the most academic person so if I can get 9's and a 7.5 then there's hope for you all. Good Luck!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1107...&pi=SY200_QL40
Old Aug 19th 2014, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

mitchwalsh88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS

Good to hear you got the result you needed. Thanks again for the info on the prac exam came in handy I also got my results for IELTS on the 15th and managed to get the score i needed On to the EOI now but not sure whether to go for the 189 or 190 as i know im heading to WA, Ive read the 190 is quicker to get good luck shaw
Old Aug 20th 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad the information was useful to you Mitch. How did you find the Vetassess assessment? Also good to hear you got past the IELTS exam.

I got advised to get all my paperwork in order before submitting my EOI just to ensure that when you are invited to complete your visa application, you have everything ready.

Im looking at heading to WA also and i am going for the 189 visa. We spent a Month in Perth last year and we loved it around the Hillary Harbor area.

Regards,
Ian
Old Aug 21st 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

mitchwalsh88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Found it very intense and theory was difficult but the rest I found ok and the guy that took the coarse was a nice guy and my nerves eased as the day went on.

Yeah I stayed bout 15 mins from Hillarys and went there a few times really good feel about the area.

What paperwork are you getting in order? I've got;

IELTS Certificate
Vetassess Certificate
NVQ's and City and Guilds
References to show my experience

Not sure what else I need?

Mitch
Old Aug 21st 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mitch,
Off the top of my head other than what you have mentioned I need,
Copies of passports (including mrs and 3 kids)
Copies of birth certificates (including mrs and 3 kids)
C.V
Copies of marriage cert
Copy of recent job reference
All copies certified by a solicitor
Hope this helps. I have a list downloaded off the Aus government website that is helpful if you go on the website you can get it there.
Ian
Old Aug 21st 2014, 8:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

There is a document checklist on DIBP's site for each visa under the visa applicants tab - the 189 - Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Molly dog is an unknown quantity at this point

You give me hope. I need all 8's or above to score the points I need for Ozz. I'm from UK but live in NZ. I've taken it twice now and actually did worse the second time after revising and had lesson on the reading (sneaky ielts). L9, S9, R7.5, W7.5. Do I spend another £350 third time lucky! Any tips out there. It's the difference between a 190 or a 189.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly dog
You give me hope. I need all 8's or above to score the points I need for Ozz. I'm from UK but live in NZ. I've taken it twice now and actually did worse the second time after revising and had lesson on the reading (sneaky ielts). L9, S9, R7.5, W7.5. Do I spend another £350 third time lucky! Any tips out there. It's the difference between a 190 or a 189.
Not sure why you are spending so much on the test. It's not that long since I did it at a cost of £115, but I checked the cost online and it is only up to £145.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Well done guys,great to hear you have both passed.

My husband and I have finally decided with the go ahead (after I don't know how many years of discussions). We are also heading to WA as my sister is already there. We also loved Hillary's and the beach there was great for young children. I have taken some time out of going on these forums as my head went a bit when they changed to the whole process. Do you mind me asking how you decided on which company to use for getting your skills assessed?

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gunnerscandy
I used Vetassess to assess my skills as I am a qualified Electrician, and as far as I am aware this company are the only ones who are verified to assess electricians skills.
Regards,
Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice

Originally Posted by shaw86
Hi Gunnerscandy
I used Vetassess to assess my skills as I am a qualified Electrician, and as far as I am aware this company are the only ones who are verified to assess electricians skills.
Regards,
Ian
That's the route he will need to take then. I was getting a little confused because everyone was mentioning different ways . On the skilled register it says TRA?! Also my hubby does mainly commercial in Uk but I hear there isn't much in that way in Perth, would you agree? Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Not too sure if I'm honest. I do mainly commercial work, but to be honest work is work when you get over there and you need to do your logbook to get your liscence. There are some good threads on the electricians page which have all the info on what to expect from the vetassess process and the ielts.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by shaw86
Hi Gunnerscandy
Regards,
Ian
There are three companies that can assess electricians from the UK (and some other countries). These are Vetassess, Victoria University and Future Skills/

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
That's the route he will need to take then. I was getting a little confused because everyone was mentioning different ways . On the skilled register it says TRA?! Also my hubby does mainly commercial in Uk but I hear there isn't much in that way in Perth, would you agree? Thanks for the reply.
TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) have overall responsibility for skills assessments for trade workers, but use RTO (registered training organisations) to conduct the assessments for licensed trade workers from some countries. If you are successful, you are issued an OTSR (overseas technical skills record) which enables you to get a supervised electrical workers license, and sign up to gap training / eprofiling. Because all states are different, you need to check with WA how to go about getting the full license
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There are three companies that can assess electricians from the UK (and some other countries). These are Vetassess, Victoria University and Future Skills/

TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) have overall responsibility for skills assessments for trade workers, but use RTO (registered training organisations) to conduct the assessments for licensed trade workers from some countries. If you are successful, you are issued an OTSR (overseas technical skills record) which enables you to get a supervised electrical workers license, and sign up to gap training / eprofiling. Because all states are different, you need to check with WA how to go about getting the full license
Thanks for the reply.

So do I approach Vetassess, Victoria University or Future Skills first then got to TRA once he has been assessed?

Am I right in saying that we need to do all this first before putting in an EOI for subclass 190?

Also I seen a few posts where people have mentioned that they have not been allocated the category they thought they would have been for their occupation. I was assuming that my husband would be classed as a Electrician - General 341111, who decided on this?

Thanks for the help
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Thanks for the reply.

So do I approach Vetassess, Victoria University or Future Skills first then got to TRA once he has been assessed?

Am I right in saying that we need to do all this first before putting in an EOI for subclass 190?

Also I seen a few posts where people have mentioned that they have not been allocated the category they thought they would have been for their occupation. I was assuming that my husband would be classed as a Electrician - General 341111, who decided on this?

Thanks for the help
Vetassess are probably the most recognised when it comes to assessments - and usually have pre-planned dates for the practical assessments. Victoria University haven't been doing assessments as long, and made a mess of their first ones (I had to do practical when I got to Australia to get licence as initially they did technical interviews), and Future Skills are even newer.

The OTSR is issued by who ever you choose - you do not need to contact TRA at all. The occupation is selected by you when you apply. If you do not meet the standard, they may suggest an alternative occupation but this is not so common with Trades but could happen if you mainly do electronics, instrumentation or control work.

You need to meet all criteria to lodge an EOI, so skills assessment and IELTS if needed. You will also need to approach most states with the EOI number if you want sponsorship. WA select from the EOI pool, and NSW are only allowing applications at certain times. You need to make the points total with sponsorship to be successful. Only skilled employment counts for points, and trade qualifications are usually worth 10 points from what I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.