Help Regarding Vetassess

Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Regarding Vetassess

Just looking for a little help regarding the Vetassess application. I am a fully qualified Electrician but have been working as a electrical contracts manager for the past 18 Months and have recently taken on the additional role as the company's qualified supervisor. I want to start the process of my visa application and would assume that the first thing i need to do is my skills assessment with Vetassess. My questions are:

1. Will i have a problem with the initial assessment as i have not been working as an electrician for the past 18-24 months?

2. When the assessment is complete and you are successful how long does this outcome last for before you must take it again?

Cheers,
Ian
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Regarding Vetassess

Anyone?????
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shaw86
Anyone?????
Its Sunday and most people were asleep when you posted.
If your the QS, then you already have significant testing experience. Have you got your 2391, 2382, etc?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Yes I have my 2391-10 & 2391-20. I'm just wondering that will I have any problem with the application if I haven't technically been working as an electrician. As I am working as an electrical contracts manager will this still be ok as I have still been working in the same field. On the visa I will be applying as an electrician so this is where my question stems from as I am working as a QS/contracts manager now.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Do you go out on site and test installations, or do you stay in the office and look through other testers results to see if the numbers are plausible?

If you go to site, then you still have relevant on-the-job experience, after all, all electrical work ends in testing.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Yes I have my 2391-10 & 2391-20. I'm just wondering that will I have any problem with the application if I haven't technically been working as an electrician. As I am working as an electrical contracts manager will this still be ok as I have still been working in the same field. On the visa I will be applying as an electrician so this is where my question stems from as I am working as a QS/contracts manager now.
So you have inspect and test and design.Do you have any experience and qualifications on installation and fault finding.

First part of any application is Tradeset (http://www.tradeset.com.au/) have a look here and see
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi old sparkles,
Yes I am fully qualified with my nvq level 3. Did a 4 year apprenticeship with JTl then did 5 years as an electrician before going into management.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi old sparkles,
Yes I am fully qualified with my nvq level 3. Did a 4 year apprenticeship with JTl then did 5 years as an electrician before going into management.
The apprenticeship papers are likely the bit that they will want to see, as well as references from that time. You need to get fairly detailed references if you haven't already gotten them.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

That's great thanks old sparkles. Problem I have now is that my previous employees went into administration in January! I am still in contact with some of the directors so hopefully I will be able to get the to write some references.