Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Going the sponcored route!!!!!!

Going the sponcored route!!!!!!

Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice
Default Going the sponcored route!!!!!!

Hi
Has any body gone down the sponsored Route to gain a visa to Queensland or WA? I have a good CV but unfortunately my age is against me, I have filled in the on line assessments and only achieve 100 points.
I would really appreciate some help as I don't want to start of down the wrong road.
Where to look?
Do I need an agent?
what is the definition of a sponsorship?
Many thanks

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going the sponcored route!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 808shaun808
Hi
Has any body gone down the sponsored Route to gain a visa to Queensland or WA? I have a good CV but unfortunately my age is against me, I have filled in the on line assessments and only achieve 100 points.
I would really appreciate some help as I don't want to start of down the wrong road.
Where to look?
Do I need an agent?
Many thanks

Thanks
Hi again Shaun,
We got state sponsorship from the Queensland Govt because my wife is a nurse whose profession is on their SMP ( their list of skills that they presently require).
As far as I am aware, electricians are not on the QLD or WA SMP's but are on South Aus. and Victoria's and the release of NSW is pending.
So the current position for you to gain state sponsorship, and thus extra valuable points is to seek sponsorship from SA or Vic. My understanding is that they review their requirements on a periodic basis, so the SMP's of each state can change as positions can fill up quite quickly.
I've noticed from your recent posts that you favour QLD or WA. As I've mentioned above electricians are not currently on their SMP's.
The obligation you have to fulfil to obtain state sponsorship is to live there for at least two years and then you are free to move wherever you want to, although, there is some dispute as to whether this is a moral or legal obligation.
Again, migration agents are usually up to speed with the changing goal posts , and they are always changing!
Regards Derren
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Where to look?
Do I need an agent?
Many thanks

Thanks
as derren said speak to an agent mate

try either of these companies both of which are well respected and dont charge for the initial evaluation

regards steve

http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal
http://www.gomatilda.com/

or

http://austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/6
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi again Shaun,
We got state sponsorship from the Queensland Govt because my wife is a nurse whose profession is on their SMP ( their list of skills that they presently require).
As far as I am aware, electricians are not on the QLD or WA SMP's but are on South Aus. and Victoria's and the release of NSW is pending.
So the current position for you to gain state sponsorship, and thus extra valuable points is to seek sponsorship from SA or Vic. My understanding is that they review their requirements on a periodic basis, so the SMP's of each state can change as positions can fill up quite quickly.
I've noticed from your recent posts that you favour QLD or WA. As I've mentioned above electricians are not currently on their SMP's.
The obligation you have to fulfil to obtain state sponsorship is to live there for at least two years and then you are free to move wherever you want to, although, there is some dispute as to whether this is a moral or legal obligation.
Again, migration agents are usually up to speed with the changing goal posts , and they are always changing!
Regards Derren
Also, I must point out that we paid out about £1500 for migration agents full service. We probably could have done it ourselves but with3 very young children and both being full time employed we have found their services invaluable. However, you must know that while migration agents will act and represent you in your best interests they cannot be held responsible for the ever changing whims of state and federal legislature.
Regards Derren
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice

Originally Posted by derren7
Also, I must point out that we paid out about £1500 for migration agents full service. We probably could have done it ourselves but with3 very young children and both being full time employed we have found their services invaluable. However, you must know that while migration agents will act and represent you in your best interests they cannot be held responsible for the ever changing whims of state and federal legislature.
Regards Derren
Hi Derren
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. I have been in touch with an agent and my options are this.
First I have to get my skills assessesed vir the vetassess system which can be done in the uk
From what I can gather in can then get my licence once I am in Oz
Then i can apply via either a
Sponsorship though a state which requires electricians and as you rightly say once in that state we have to stay there for 2 years.
Or
Via my aunt who lives in Adelaide as a sponcor which does not restrict me to any state.

Then hopefully away we go should take about 15-18 months the agent thinks depending on the vetassess timetable.

Derren are you in Brisbane yet and were did you settle?
If you are there, how did you come to Your decision on were to live?
Sorry about my questions but we didn't get much chance to look around Brisbane recently and would like a bit of guidance,
Once again many thanks for yor time.
Shaun
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Derren
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. I have been in touch with an agent and my options are this.
First I have to get my skills assessesed vir the vetassess system which can be done in the uk
From what I can gather in can then get my licence once I am in Oz
Then i can apply via either a
Sponsorship though a state which requires electricians and as you rightly say once in that state we have to stay there for 2 years.
Or
Via my aunt who lives in Adelaide as a sponcor which does not restrict me to any state.

Then hopefully away we go should take about 15-18 months the agent thinks depending on the vetassess timetable.

Derren are you in Brisbane yet and were did you settle?
If you are there, how did you come to Your decision on were to live?
Sorry about my questions but we didn't get much chance to look around Brisbane recently and would like a bit of guidance,
Once again many thanks for yor time.
Shaun
hi Shaun,
Not in Brissy yet. We're just about to do our medicals and all being well, should have our visa granted in the next few months. So we're anticipating on being there towards the end of this year.
I've only spent about a matter of hours in Brisbane when I travelled around OZ about 12 years ago so, I don't really know what it's like but I have spent a lot of time in Perth and seemingly, they're not too dissimilar.
We know people all over Australia but chose Brisbane be cause we know a higher concentration of people there.
If you check out the Australia section of this site then there are recent posts about Brisbane. Also this SITE is quite useful.
Regards Derren