Future skills OTSR

Old May 11th 2013, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Question Future skills OTSR

Hi all,

At the end of the month I am going to sit the Future Skills OTSR exam and as expected i'm super nervous.

The reason for my thread is to see if anyone on here has sat it before and could give me an insight into what is expected of me as an electrician.

Hope someone out there can help
Old May 11th 2013, 1:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Future skills OTSR

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hi all,

At the end of the month I am going to sit the Future Skills OTSR exam and as expected i'm super nervous.

The reason for my thread is to see if anyone on here has sat it before and could give me an insight into what is expected of me as an electrician.

Hope someone out there can help
You may be better posting this in the electricians section James. I think there was a thread there about future skills if you use the search function. Other than that, I would think the assessment is similar to Vetassess - have you checked it will be accepted for licensing tho as the one I had issued by Vic Uni isn't acceptable in SA.

Good luck
Old May 11th 2013, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i've scanned many of the threads on the forum but non are about future skills. I guess they are relatively new to the TRA.

You're right though, I should of posted this in the electrical forum... My bad!

Thanks for the reply
Old May 11th 2013, 6:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Yeah i've scanned many of the threads on the forum but non are about future skills. I guess they are relatively new to the TRA.

You're right though, I should of posted this in the electrical forum... My bad!

Thanks for the reply
I did a quick search - and the most obvious thread had no replies so you may not get a lot of response as not too many people seem to know about them.

Good luck
Old May 12th 2013, 2:36 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

do a search on vettesses the exam for an OSTR should be very similar and as alot of lads have gone through the vetts process you should get alot more replies
Old May 10th 2014, 7:48 am
Just Joined

anth8692 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Guys.

Sparkyjames

Just wondering if you managed to sit the future skills version of the otsr??

I'm heading out to oz and hoping to do the otsr and would really appreciate any info you could let me know about the exam as i'm in the same situation you were about a year ago. ha

Tried to send you a PM but it was blocked for some reason.

Would appreciate any help or info you could provide...

Many thanks
Old May 10th 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by anth8692
HI Guys.

Sparkyjames

Just wondering if you managed to sit the future skills version of the otsr??

I'm heading out to oz and hoping to do the otsr and would really appreciate any info you could let me know about the exam as i'm in the same situation you were about a year ago. ha

Tried to send you a PM but it was blocked for some reason.

Would appreciate any help or info you could provide...

Many thanks
Hi anth - new members are blocked from sending pm's until they've made 3 genuine posts to prevent members being spammed.

OTSR is a skills recognition for permanent migration. Are you planning on applying for PR or just looking to come over on a working holiday visa (WHV)?
Old May 10th 2014, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Hi.

Looking for PR and hoping to get the otsr before we move so hopefully can register as a TA and do the GAP training as soon as we land. Looking to move to NSW so will check with them if the otsr is recognised as suitable exam.

Any help would appreciated....

Cheers
Old May 10th 2014, 8:15 am

Hi.

Looking for PR and hoping to get the otsr before we move so hopefully can register as a TA and do the GAP training as soon as we land. Looking to move to NSW so will check with them if the otsr is recognised as suitable exam.

Any help would appreciated....

Cheers
Have a look at the electricians forum for help and advice on the OTSR (http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)

If you are the main applicant, you will need to do OTSR to prove you have the skills necessary. If you are not main applicant, and alternative is to wait until you arrive in Australia to apply for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trade Certificate) and do the conversion course at PEER in Adelaide to be able to get a SA A class license, and use this to get NSW license by mutual recognition. ARTC is not recognised for gap training by NSW, but an OTSR is if you have to take that route. I believe NSW is one state that allows unlicensed sparkies to work under the supervision of other electricians without the supervised workers license.
Old May 10th 2014, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Great link. Will have a look at if and hope it clears a few things up.

Will send you a PM later if that's ok?

regards
Old May 10th 2014, 11:54 am

Great link. Will have a look at if and hope it clears a few things up.

Will send you a PM later if that's ok?

regards
If you think it's needed but general questions are always best answered in open forum so nothing is missed / incorrect
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Matty F is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello you helpful people... Im booked in for my ostr in Brisbane in a few weeks and need help with the theory side.
Ive forgotten half of what I leant at college '9 years ago' and left all my books and notes back in the UK 3 years ago!
Can any body help with what comes up in the test and where I can brush up on the the relevent electrical areas.
I really cant afford to fail as I live in sydney � ����. Its a little stressful
thanks guys