Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Fire Alarm Engineer in Canada

Fire Alarm Engineer in Canada

Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:26 am
Melon

izzycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fire Alarm Engineer in Canada

Hi, I'm new to the board, we have been thinking about the move for a while but am hoping to go for it now.

My husband has been a fire alarm engineer for 18 years now since gaining his electrical qualifications. We want to go to Canada but aren't sure if this profession is in demand? What's the best way to go about finding a job? Email his resume off to various companies or just search on job websites? Really not sure what to do for the best

Thanks

Helen
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fire Alarm Engineer in Canada

Originally Posted by izzycat
Hi, I'm new to the board, we have been thinking about the move for a while but am hoping to go for it now.

My husband has been a fire alarm engineer for 18 years now since gaining his electrical qualifications. We want to go to Canada but aren't sure if this profession is in demand? What's the best way to go about finding a job? Email his resume off to various companies or just search on job websites? Really not sure what to do for the best

Thanks

Helen
Helen
Try posting in Canada forum, your OH will need to contact the apprenticeship & Industrial Training board in the province that you intend to settle to get UK creds & work history assessed.
Thomas