ETL Course WA

Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default ETL Course WA

Hope this helps some of you about to take your A Grade Licence in WA.
My OH is a week into a 2 week course in Rockingham TAFE and here's a list of the daily schedule so far...

Day1
Introduction
Occupational Health & Safety
Ladders
Isolation Procedures
Electrical Principles
EMF
Ohms Law
Series/Parallel DC Ccts
A/C Wave Forms

Day 2
Elec Reticulation
Regulatory Requirements
Direct/Indirect
Earthing
Electrical Principles
Transformer Connection & Testing
Motor Connection & Testing

Day 3
Circuit Protection
Fuses,RCDs,C/Bs
Fault Current
Wiring Systems
Selection Cables
Installation of Cables

Day 4
Build resister Box
Installation Testing
Maximum Demand
De-rating
Harmonics
Use of AS3008

Day 5
Appliance testing
Cable Selesction
Voltage Drop
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ETL Course WA

Fab! Look forward to next weeks!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

how much is the course? and do you go straight on to that when you have an ARTC?

thanks
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

Any info regarding resistration would be great, or a link.

Iain
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

You have to apply to Energy Safety to get the green light to attend the Electrical Trade Licence course.

Form Attached for this.

You can then attend one of three colleges:

College of Electrical Training - http://www.cet.asn.au/home.aspx
Form attached for CET

Challenger Institute of Technology - http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au/Pages/default.aspx

Polytechnic West (Balga Campus) - http://www.polytechnic.wa.edu.au/

However once you contact Energy Safety they pass your details on to the contacts at the colleges.

It's around $900 for the course, plus various books.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R018_0709.pdf (35.6 KB, 268 views)
File Type: pdf
Electrical_Trade_Licence.sflb.pdf (122.6 KB, 732 views)
Old Feb 12th 2010, 12:49 am
Just Joined

FAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really nice

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hope this helps some of you about to take your A Grade Licence in WA.
My OH is a week into a 2 week course in Rockingham TAFE and here's a list of the daily schedule so far...

Day1
Introduction
Occupational Health & Safety
Ladders
Isolation Procedures
Electrical Principles
EMF
Ohms Law
Series/Parallel DC Ccts
A/C Wave Forms

Day 2
Elec Reticulation
Regulatory Requirements
Direct/Indirect
Earthing
Electrical Principles
Transformer Connection & Testing
Motor Connection & Testing

Day 3
Circuit Protection
Fuses,RCDs,C/Bs
Fault Current
Wiring Systems
Selection Cables
Installation of Cables

Day 4
Build resister Box
Installation Testing
Maximum Demand
De-rating
Harmonics
Use of AS3008

Day 5
Appliance testing
Cable Selesction
Voltage Drop
ShoreyM, Thanks for the valuable information. Ive visited the Rockingham website and can see this route working to obtain the A Grade license. Can you please briefly tell me the steps your OH has taken and will need to take to allow him to work as an electrician in WA. Sorry to be a pain, new member today! Ibelieve there is an Australian Trades Recognition Certificare to allow our application for a 175 visa. Any updates would be interesting and very useful. Many Thanks, MW
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Any up dates on the second week ????????????????????????????????

Thanks.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

FAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really niceFAIRGO is just really nice

Hello English Reject.
I think your aking for an update from ShoreyM regarding how they got on with OH's 2nd week on the ETL course? I believe everything went well, high scores on the written exam and they are currently waiting for the results of the practical test which he sat at the end. Try ShoreyM'S threads. Sorry i did'nt see your thread yesterday. Hope this helps. MW
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Hi guys. Yes, he passed, thankfully.
He's just waiting for an official letter, then he can go and collect his Licence, have his photo taken etc. The good thing is, he's allowed to work, pending the actual Licence. He's got 2 weeks lined up already so finally some money coming IN for a change.
Once I get chance I'll list the work covered in the second week too, if that helps.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi ShoreyM, thats great news. Congratulations. well done to OH. Would be interesting to see what the second weeks schedule consisted of, when you get time. In the meanwhile, good like with job search. Hope it all goes well from here. Best Regards, MW.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hi guys. Yes, he passed, thankfully.
He's just waiting for an official letter, then he can go and collect his Licence, have his photo taken etc. The good thing is, he's allowed to work, pending the actual Licence. He's got 2 weeks lined up already so finally some money coming IN for a change.
Once I get chance I'll list the work covered in the second week too, if that helps.
Congratulations bet you are so relieved that finally you have money coming in. Good luck with job hunting
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

I am in the process in going the VETASSESS route 175 visa, family my wife son and new born to be 18th june10, I am waiting for enrolement for course in london, I live in northern ireland! Too get through everything we have got an agent inboard costing in total £5500. Thats everything included except the flight tickets. I have friends tried it themselves which they are living in WA, but have now resloved in going through an agent because it moves alot easlier and they can push it more quickly HOPE.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Hello again.

Here's a list of the second week......hope it might help some of you.

Day 6
Wa acts and regs
Lamps
Pf caps
Public Buildings
Down lights
2 & 3 way switching
Electrical regs
Prelim notices
Final notices
Electrical Safety Certificate

Day 7

Installation Practical
Wire switchboard
Domestic Wiring Power and Light

Day 8

Assessment 1 -Knowldege (90mins)-written
Assesment 2 -Installation test (70 mins) practical
Assesment 3 -Appliance testing (70mins)-practical
Assesment 4 -Isolation (40mins)-written

Day 9
Assesment 5-Installation wiring domestic (approx 4.5 hours solid)

Day 10
Design Scenario-
Max demand, cable selection, cct breaker selesction, rcd selection.

CPR Course

Good luck to everyone and hope it all works out for you.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi ShoreyM,
Thanks for the update, its all excellent infomation. Trust everything is going well with you and family. Best Regards, MW
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Shorey M, this is a great post.

Iain