ETL course post vetassess

Old Sep 7th 2011, 11:16 am
Just Joined

SparkyDawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: ETL course post vetassess

Hi,

Im just wanting to clarify a few points, as you probably know it is a very confusing mine field.

I am currently going throught the vetassess procedure and just waiting on a date for practical assessment. Im looking to emigrate with my wife and two young children hence going on an independent skilled visa to Western Australia.

Once my visa application has been accepted I was just wanting to check the procedure for getting A grade licence.

I think I then have to apply to energy safe to ask to go on a training course with my OSTR (2 week course I think), then do course and then apply for licence. I know this is very brief and makes it sound simple and I know its not but I just want the basics right in my head.

Any responses would be appreicated. Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ETL course post vetassess

You got it in one mate, good luck.

ER
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

SparkyDawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou so much.

I was unsure if I had to apply for an ARTC after visa is granted but I have spent days reading through forums and now realise I dont.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Hi guys,Just an update,

I got my WA licence today 7 1/2weeks after i finished the ETL course. If you are lucky enough to be able to just do the the course with no gap training then my advise is to go straight to energy safety as soon as you have finished the course and pay the money for your licence.
The lecturer had said not to bother energy safety they will get in touch with you.........not in my experience..

I rang after 3 weeks to be told they were waiting for me to pay the fee. Then after another 3 weeks I rang to check it wasn't lost in the post to be told taking the payment is the 1st step they take which then allows them to re-check all your details before it is signed off by an executive officer(the day after I phoned) and it took another week for it to arrive in the post.

good luck to anyone waiting to start this route.
Paul
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:11 am
Just Joined

jxshua is an unknown quantity at this point

Id say you will be fine
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Is it true you can do the ETL course in the uk through a firm called Downunder Tradies. They charge £3000 and they reckon you get your license as soon as you get to Oz.