ETL course post vetassess

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

wrenner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ETL course post vetassess

Originally Posted by english reject
Paul who did you speak to at the college ????, I had my Vetassess but was told I had to pay the full price !!!!! also the 4 Irish lads ( all had ARTC ) on the course all paid full price.

ER
i spoke to Balcatta college and as far as i know once you hold a P.R visa the fee is 160AU dollars, i know alot of Irish lads are going out on 1 year working holiday visas and i dont think that visa entitles them to the lower cost fee of 160AU.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

Finally got the letter from Energy safety, after 28 days.

There is 4 RTO's in WA approved for ETL course:

Polytechnic West - Balga Campus
Challenger Institute of Technology - Rockingham
CET - Jandakot
Combined Skills Training Association - Balcatta

Some of them are filled up until September (Jandakot), another one is expensive (Balcatta - $1500 employed or $300 unemployed).

I hope this will help and make balanced pressure to RTO's (because I was freaked out when I heard from Jandakot: "we're full until September").

Regards

Deyan
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deyan

CET - Jandakot

Some of them are filled up until September (Jandakot), another one is expensive (Balcatta - $1500 employed or $300 unemployed).

I hope this will help and make balanced pressure to RTO's (because I was freaked out when I heard from Jandakot: "we're full until September").

Regards

Deyan
So have you got sorted on a course?

Sent you a pm as well.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

wrenner is an unknown quantity at this point

CET - Jandakot

Regards

Deyan
Hi Dylan,

The CET in Balcatta also does the ETL course and if you hold a P.R visa then the course costs 160AU dollars
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

Yes, I've booked in the last minute at Rockingham campus, the course's starting next week (Monday) and it's the last before the winter break.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Excellent I am just waiting for my medical and police checks for 176 PR visa, which we need to be sent too but have not got CO from oz to take on my case yet. Everything else done and lodged fee with Diac in MAY.
So I can plan this way after approval on visa from UK great.

Bought books

http://www.boomerangbooks.com.au

Electrical Trade Principles by Jeffrey Hampson 2nd edition
Electrotechnology Practice by Jeffery Hampson 2nd edition
Be careful thee is the old one on there too, I got both 2nd editions

Total $238.19 delivered

[email protected]

AS/NZS 3000:2007-Hardcopy Paperback-English
AS/NZS 3008.1.1:2009-Hardcopy-English

TOTAL £264.17 delivered

Expensive but worth reading through now than stressing over anything when we get there, I think itll be stressful enough with young kids!

Many thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Waggs91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I've booked in the last minute at Rockingham campus, the course's starting next week (Monday) and it's the last before the winter break.
Gday Mate

Hows it going the ETL at Rockinham. I am doing it Aug 15 hopefully.

I am staying in the city is that where your staying?I have been told I can catch a train to Tafe.

I am flying over from Bris.

Is it easy or a lot of info in small amount fo time.

any info would be great Thanks Mate
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, it was easy, just brush up practical skills (eg wiring domestic switchboard, correct cable size and breakers, testing procedure, two or tree way switch etc), the theory was quite easy, basic electrotechnology.

Here you can find useful info (the daily schedule is exactly the same in nowdays).

You dont need to buy expencive books, they will provide all the material including wiring rules, cable selection, wa requirements etc etc during the course. The lecturer is well experienced.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: ETL course post vetassess

Yeah, it was easy, just brush up practical skills (eg wiring domestic switchboard, correct cable size and breakers, testing procedure, two or tree way switch etc), the theory was quite easy, basic electrotechnology.

Here you can find useful info (the daily schedule is exactly the same in nowdays).

You dont need to buy expencive books, they will provide all the material including wiring rules, cable selection, wa requirements etc etc during the course. The lecturer is well experienced.
Thanks for the info Mate

I was going to fly out of Perth the night i finish the course do you think I will have to fly back again to get my license and have my pic taken Is there a pic on your new license. silly ? I know but I wouldn't be surprised if they make me. Did you do Star Delta starters too .

Have you finished the course now.

Is it rushed or is there plenty of time allocated .

Thanks again for info
Old Jul 13th 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Waggs91
Thanks for the info Mate

I was going to fly out of Perth the night i finish the course do you think I will have to fly back again to get my license and have my pic taken Is there a pic on your new license. silly ? I know but I wouldn't be surprised if they make me. Did you do Star Delta starters too .

Have you finished the course now.

Is it rushed or is there plenty of time allocated .

Thanks again for info
Energy Safety will sent you the license on the address written in your aplication, you should pay $350 at first. There is no pic in the license. Star/delta and DOL were involved just a little bit, they weren't part of final assesment. Seriously, it wasn't hard, nothing to be afraid of. The only new thing was max. demand on aussie way and use of separate book for that (Cable selection 3008.1.1:2009). If you're a sparky even with no experience you will pass without a problem.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Energy Safety will sent you the license on the address written in your aplication, you should pay $350 at first. There is no pic in the license. Star/delta and DOL were involved just a little bit, they weren't part of final assesment. Seriously, it wasn't hard, nothing to be afraid of. The only new thing was max. demand on aussie way and use of separate book for that (Cable selection 3008.1.1:2009). If you're a sparky even with no experience you will pass without a problem.
All sounds good I been out of the game for 15 years but will do a bit of reading before I go to the ETL course. Are you going to work in West or travel a bit. I rang QLD Electrical license people today and they said I can use the WA License to work here I don't have to change it to QLD License.

Thanks Mate
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:17 am
Just Joined

michelle.gav is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys,

we are heading to oz on 10th October, hoping to get on a course as soon as poss, I have the form ready to go to post Energy Saftey but have read that people have been emailing, whats the email address, and how did you pay.

Also want to double check its the Electrical Trade Licensing Course?

Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by michelle.gav
hey guys,

we are heading to oz on 10th October, hoping to get on a course as soon as poss, I have the form ready to go to post Energy Saftey but have read that people have been emailing, whats the email address, and how did you pay.

Also want to double check its the Electrical Trade Licensing Course?

Thanks.
emailed the form to
[email protected]
Paid with a credit card, payment details were on the form.
Also sent a copy of my OTSR, driving license,birth certificate and passport for ID.
It is the right course
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:29 am
Just Joined

allthebests is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied and received my letter from EnergySafety last month.
They explained that they're no longer accepting applications for VETASSESS pass verifications by email and I had to post them a copy.
EnergySafety letter came after about three weeks.
Had to post a copy of EnergySafety letter to the college, waiting to hear back confirmation of booking for course Nov 21st at Jandakot.
Steve
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:55 am
Just Joined

michelle.gav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allthebests
Applied and received my letter from EnergySafety last month.
They explained that they're no longer accepting applications for VETASSESS pass verifications by email and I had to post them a copy.
EnergySafety letter came after about three weeks.
Had to post a copy of EnergySafety letter to the college, waiting to hear back confirmation of booking for course Nov 21st at Jandakot.
Steve
Hi Steve

That is the course my partner was hoping to get on, but haven't heard back from Energy Safety, they have a back log so its taking longer than normal. I email Jandakot and they replied on the 25th Aug saying they had 7 places left on that course, so you should be fine.

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.