Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to Perth (Mandurah)

Emigrating to Perth (Mandurah)

Old Mar 30th 2018, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Spark2Perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating to Perth (Mandurah)

Hi, I currently run an electrical plumbing and heating company in the UK and I'm starting the process of emigrating to Mandurah to join up with the wifes family who emigrated in 2006 and loving it still. My plan is to sell the company, and to go back to my routes as an electrician and gain my A licences. I've been getting quotes off agencies, Letsgo seem to be very helpful. I'm also a heating engineer with my gas and oil qualifications and have a qualification in Solar PV. However I'm not keen on plumbing as id rather do electrical work which I have done since 1999. I'm 35 and my wife is 34.

I'm sold on everything, however, my main concern is work! I've alot of experience in running a company and no doubt I can set up again once I had the required tickets. But getting to that point seems to be difficult from what I've read. One minute it's the perfect place to live with work everywhere, then the next there's no work and a real struggle!

Just wanted some advice if possible. I have a 3 year old daughter and my wife used to be a nurse, but has worked in my company for the past 2 years as an office manager and would like to continue in this line of work, she really doesn't want to go back to nursing.

Life in the UK now feels so depressing, I'm working far too many hours, if I'm not doing work, I'm thinking about work, having constant issues with staff, customers etc. One minute we're flying, the next I'm stressing trying to fill in the voids. A real roller coaster which I'm fed up with. Chuck in rubbish weather and all the other stuff we know of, the thought of living in Oz seems like a dream we must follow. I'm prepared to sell everything and move. Me and my wife went out and stayed in Mandurah in 2009, and loved it. We were to emigrate but did not have enough money to do so. We are going again in Feb 2019 for 3 weeks which will be the deal breaker for us.

Realistic comments welcome.

Last edited by Spark2Perth; Mar 30th 2018 at 7:53 am.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating to Perth (Mandurah)

Originally Posted by Spark2Perth
Hi, I currently run an electrical plumbing and heating company in the UK and I'm starting the process of emigrating to Mandurah to join up with the wifes family who emigrated in 2006 and loving it still. My plan is to sell the company, and to go back to my routes as an electrician and gain my A licences. I've been getting quotes off agencies, Letsgo seem to be very helpful. I'm also a heating engineer with my gas and oil qualifications and have a qualification in Solar PV. However I'm not keen on plumbing as id rather do electrical work which I have done since 1999. I'm 35 and my wife is 34.

I'm sold on everything, however, my main concern is work! I've alot of experience in running a company and no doubt I can set up again once I had the required tickets. But getting to that point seems to be difficult from what I've read. One minute it's the perfect place to live with work everywhere, then the next there's no work and a real struggle!

Just wanted some advice if possible. I have a 3 year old daughter and my wife used to be a nurse, but has worked in my company for the past 2 years as an office manager and would like to continue in this line of work, she really doesn't want to go back to nursing.

Life in the UK now feels so depressing, I'm working far too many hours, if I'm not doing work, I'm thinking about work, having constant issues with staff, customers etc. One minute we're flying, the next I'm stressing trying to fill in the voids. A real roller coaster which I'm fed up with. Chuck in rubbish weather and all the other stuff we know of, the thought of living in Oz seems like a dream we must follow. I'm prepared to sell everything and move. Me and my wife went out and stayed in Mandurah in 2009, and loved it. We were to emigrate but did not have enough money to do so. We are going again in Feb 2019 for 3 weeks which will be the deal breaker for us.

Realistic comments welcome.
The first steps of the process is to identify your occupation on the skills list and check that you can pass the skills assessment for that occupation. If that is all good, you then need to check that you can pass the points test for a PR visa.