electricians question....

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:12 am
Just Joined

paul1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electricians question....

just wanted to pick a few sparks brains and ask when searching for jobs on line i see some advertised with the hourly rate ( 30 dollors for example) then its say's + super + penalties....well i know what the super is but am a bit confused when it says plus penalties any info on this would help.................;
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: electricians question....

hello all,

Penalties, are extras, like if you do the afternoon shift you get an enhanced rate, also for travel, overtime, callout and other stuff, so it's all more money the more penalties you have.

Regards

kevin
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

paul1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

thans kevin

so is the standard working week 45 hours like it is for me at the moment or are the day's longer /shorter
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

hello all,

no, the standard week is 38 hours and 2 hours at time and half, making up the 40 hour week.

regards

kevin
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

god, im used to working 50 here in uk looks like i'll have to tighten the belt once i get there !