Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Originally Posted by john_w
Congratulations...all the hard work finally paid off ( Now get to work!! )

I wish he could

He's got the course to do now
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WendyC
ARTC certificate - Electrical Mechanic granted today
What can I say other than thats great news,so glad that you got it ok.
Cheers Lorri
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Originally Posted by angel17796
The course Darren is doing is $1300, you can only do it 1 day per week at the college, Darren asked to do it intensively and they said they dont do that.

The book to go with the course was $120 and we borrowed the other one from his boss.
Hi Angel,can you tell me what the name of the course is? is Darren doing it at Yeronga Tafe?
Cheers Lorri
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supersonic4
What can I say other than thats great news,so glad that you got it ok.
Cheers Lorri

I know, it's a relief I can tell you.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:35 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

ARTC certificate - Electrical Mechanic granted today
excellent news wends
1 more box ticked off
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
The course Darren is doing is $1300, you can only do it 1 day per week at the college, Darren asked to do it intensively and they said they dont do that.

The book to go with the course was $120 and we borrowed the other one from his boss.
which books are they and can the be bought prior to going to the tafe??
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

Im not too sure, i will ask him tonight. He has went up to the Tafe early today to do his health and safety course (great you can do it there so dont worry about that) and he is doing his CPR next week so I will let you know where and how much, his boss is paying for the cpr.

He is only using 2 books at the moment, they are expensive but you can claim that and the tafe fees on your tax next year!! thank god for small mercies
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Pretty sure it's the wiring rules and cable selection guide.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The fees for the wiring rules course here in South Australia are $245 full course, $105 refresher course. The classes are held at TAFE once a week, so you couldn't do it quicker I wouldn't think.

Another good thing about South Australia, you don't need the first aid/health and safety to get an A class licence. All they want is your ARTC, proof you've passed exam and your fee

Right OH booked on course to start first week in October.

Length of course - 18 WEEKS :scared: Can't do it quicker, classes held weekly, cost is $700 :scared: Couldn't get in at TAFE as no course until Feb, so have to go to Peer (whoever they are ) and they cahrge treble what TAFE do
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Right OH booked on course to start first week in October.

Length of course - 18 WEEKS :scared: Can't do it quicker, classes held weekly, cost is $700 :scared: Couldn't get in at TAFE as no course until Feb, so have to go to Peer (whoever they are ) and they cahrge treble what TAFE do
FFS !!! The process just gets worse the more you get into it :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know. He's got job offers coming out of his ears, but they won't/can't set him on without his A class
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Better news today,

We've got the enrolment form from Peer. It costs $510, so not as bad as we thought. The course is done over 7 full days, 2 days a week. So he'll be able to apply for his A class in November.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:48 am
Worongary

Better news today,

We've got the enrolment form from Peer. It costs $510, so not as bad as we thought. The course is done over 7 full days, 2 days a week. So he'll be able to apply for his A class in November.
your determined to get him back to work
arn`t you
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

your determined to get him back to work
arn`t you

Without a doubt
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, I have been trying to find out who runs the wiring regs course so I can book into so I don't have to wait when I get there but can't find out who does it in Brisbane,does anyone have a name or number?
cheers John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.