Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default Re: Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Originally Posted by steve`o
more hoops to jump through i`m afraid

apply for licence via safty office ( link in last post )
for this you need an artc ( just got ) a current aussie cpr course ( has to be done in aus i belive aussie st johns abulance will suffice ) and a health and safety course ( half day course ) send this all off and they usually insist on a 12 week 1 day a week course on aussie wiring rules ( similar to our 16th ed update course but in more detail ) whilst your doing the course they give you a temp licence which allows you to work under the suppervsion of an aussie qualified spark ( back to being a bloody apprentice untill your wiring course is finished )
Hey Steve do you mind me asking ,how much is the course,and can you do in less time if you want.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

SarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to all

Thanks Steve'o - its starting to make a bit more sense to me now.
Good luck with it all when you get out there.

Cheers

Sarah
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:08 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hey Steve do you mind me asking ,how much is the course,and can you do in less time if you want.
havnt got a clue re the price mate as i`m still in the uk
angel17796 would give you a better idea as her husband darren is on the course at the moment

regards steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

havnt got a clue re the price mate as i`m still in the uk
angel17796 would give you a better idea as her husband darren is on the course at the moment

regards steve
Thanks mate ,got you mixed up again.
Cheers John
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angel17796
Get in!!!!!. That makes 2 of you, Darren has just picked his up from the post office. Was issued on the 25th August but we never got it until today. Its only took 2 weeks. Yay what do we do now lol. Just looking up the licensing forms.
Hi I meant to ask not Steve,do you mind me asking how much the course was and do you know if you can do it full time or in less time than 12 weeks?
Cheers John
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahL
Thanks Steve'o - its starting to make a bit more sense to me now.
Good luck with it all when you get out there.

Cheers

Sarah
licence application

http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/ot...006_form11.pdf

for qld only
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

SarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to allSarahL is a name known to all

Thanks for this - they don't make it easy do they!

S/
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Thanks Steve - it's making more sense to me too now!

:scared:
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The fees for the wiring rules course here in South Australia are $245 full course, $105 refresher course. The classes are held at TAFE once a week, so you couldn't do it quicker I wouldn't think.

Another good thing about South Australia, you don't need the first aid/health and safety to get an A class licence. All they want is your ARTC, proof you've passed exam and your fee
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ARTC certificate - Electrical Mechanic granted today
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

Yipeee its all go now
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hi I meant to ask not Steve,do you mind me asking how much the course was and do you know if you can do it full time or in less time than 12 weeks?
Cheers John

The course Darren is doing is $1300, you can only do it 1 day per week at the college, Darren asked to do it intensively and they said they dont do that.

The book to go with the course was $120 and we borrowed the other one from his boss.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

more hoops to jump through i`m afraid

apply for licence via safty office ( link in last post )
for this you need an artc ( just got ) a current aussie cpr course ( has to be done in aus i belive aussie st johns abulance will suffice ) and a health and safety course ( half day course ) send this all off and they usually insist on a 12 week 1 day a week course on aussie wiring rules ( similar to our 16th ed update course but in more detail ) whilst your doing the course they give you a temp licence which allows you to work under the suppervsion of an aussie qualified spark ( back to being a bloody apprentice untill your wiring course is finished )

Darren still needs the health and safety i think. He never got a temp licence and he has been working as a sparkie unsupervised since he has been here in sydney and then when we came to QLD. He finishes the course in November.

He is taking form 11 and his certificate up to the taffe tomo so i will let you know what the lecturer says
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by angel17796
Yipeee its all go now

I know.

After looking at what you lot have to do over in Queensland, I'm so glad we came to South Australia as it seems so much easier here (and cheaper )
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Congratulations...all the hard work finally paid off ( Now get to work!! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.