Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:49 pm

WILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to all
Default Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Have got visa and am off to Adelaide 16th Oct with wife and 3 kids. Not sure whether or not to apply for ARTC from here or wait until I get there, also not sure if I need to pay again form not the clearest. Had initial skills assessment with TRA last year as an electrician, am assuming I can just submit all the same paperwork again. Can anyone give advice?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I apply for ARTC while still in UK

Originally Posted by WILSON
Have got visa and am off to Adelaide 16th Oct with wife and 3 kids. Not sure whether or not to apply for ARTC from here or wait until I get there, also not sure if I need to pay again form not the clearest. Had initial skills assessment with TRA last year as an electrician, am assuming I can just submit all the same paperwork again. Can anyone give advice?

Hi

Welcome to BE

You can apply from the UK, however they may need you to attend an interview so that would slow down your application a little. But I think since you are coming out pretty soon it wouldn't be that much if at all.

I sent my hubby's in on the 2nd August and am still waiting in the queue, so it isn't a quick process.

We sent in all the same stuff, but also included another up to date reference from his last employer.

It costs $100 to apply for the ARTC
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Hi Wilson

My OH is also an electrician, so we'll be starting the process off as soon as we get our visa - there's a long wait list anyway for assessments. Yes - seems silly, but you send exactly the same info off to the TRA and to the same place!!! If you go to the electrician's part of the forum and search for any posts on there by supersonic4 - he's absolutely brilliant and there have been some excellent helpful posts! Good luck - it's a mine field out there, but certainly helps to know you're not the only one! Feel free to PM me if you need any more info, but all the guys on here are excellent!

xx

ps - karma sent as know what you're going through!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:43 am

WILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to allWILSON is a name known to all

Thanks for your replys. Will need to get everything together and get verified copies again!!! Wish I had got lawyer to verify half a dozen copies of everything at the start never mind sure it will all be worth it in the long run.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replys. Will need to get everything together and get verified copies again!!! Wish I had got lawyer to verify half a dozen copies of everything at the start never mind sure it will all be worth it in the long run.

It may be an idea to bring out three or four copies of up to date references to send off when you apply for jobs too.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Also I'm and Electrician, How long does it take after you have sent off for your A grade license, does it normally take before they ask you far an interview, as just like you guys, I really need to get my license as soon as I possibly can, also is there anything else I can do from this end. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Also I'm and Electrician, How long does it take after you have sent off for your A grade license, does it normally take before they ask you far an interview, as just like you guys, I really need to get my license as soon as I possibly can, also is there anything else I can do from this end. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hi Darren

As far as i'm aware the only thing you can do is to start applying for the artc. You may need to have interview/tests for it, but don't quote me as i can't remember exactly! I know that it can only be sent to you at an australian address. I think you then have to send it off somewhere else who then tell you what other tests/exams/courses you may have to do. Those panels i think only happen once a month, but there's heaps more info on the electricians forum. One post went into great detail about what the tests went into. We all need to get the licence as quickly as possible, but be prepared for several months wait on arrival. There is lots of red tape i believe and hoops to jump through before you get the licence. My OH is already tearing his hair out at the thought! There are companies that will employ you whilst you get your licence though so don't give up hope! I don't know much more than you at the mo, but feel free to stop in touch!

:scared: !!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ukdarren22

Ok, not done the full thing yet but here's what I get from all the various sites.

You apply to the TRA for an ARTC certificate, once you get that you need to apply to the relevant authority for your A class licence, to get that you need to send off your ARTC certificate PLUS evidence that you have passed the AUS/NZ:3000 Wiring Rules course, this is done at TAFE.

You really need to find out who issues the licence in the state you intend to settle and find out what they require, the above is relevant to South Australia, where the authority is the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/fil..._infosheet.pdf
http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/fil...heet_oseas.pdf
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:11 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

if you read the following linked web pages

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

it will tell you all you need to know regarding applying for your artc

the fee is zero if you have been assessed by the tra for migration purposes

if you need any more help or info please feel free to pm me your email address and i`ll do my best to answer your query

regards steve

ps sent off for my artc from the uk 12-8-06 ( sparkie )
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o
if you read the following linked web pages

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

it will tell you all you need to know regarding applying for your artc

the fee is zero if you have been assessed by the tra for migration purposes

if you need any more help or info please feel free to pm me your email address and i`ll do my best to answer your query

regards steve

ps sent off for my artc from the uk 12-8-06 ( sparkie )
They charged me $100 Even rang me to confirm that it was for the TRA assessment

Did you get away with not paying it?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:32 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

i emailed them copy below

Thank you for your recent query to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).
The fee changes came into effect on 1 July 2006, apologies for you receiving an out of date instruction fee page. If you have a successful migration assessment and this is your first ARTC application then there is no fee.
Thank you
Trades Recognition Australia
Melbourne Office

Sent: Saturday, 12 August 2006 9:31
To: ARTC Enquiries 1
Subject: (***) RE: (***)

One more question if I may
The paperwork that came with the application form says that the fee is $100 as I’ve already been assessed for migration purposes
Yet your web site says there’s no charge if you have already been assessed for migration purposes
( I have noted that your web site was recently updated ) is the website correct ? or do I need to get a $100 money order?

Thanks Steve

its on the revised website

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Pages/ContentPage.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=/workplace/Category/SchemesInitiatives/TRA/2SkillsassessmentforAustralianresidents.htm&NRNODE GUID={9B95950D-7E05-4FBF-8C28-9A93F29A6823}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#8

taken from that site

How much does it cost?
AUD $300 for ARTC application
AUD $270 for trade test (if required)
AUD $130 for replacement of a lost certificate
No application fee is required for an initial ARTC application from Australian residents whose skills have been successfully assessed by TRA for migration purposes

regards steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The buggers Mind you I did send ours to Canberra as that is where the envelope they sent was addressed to. Not that it should make a difference (but I bet it does )

Oh well, the main thing is that they get his certificate out to us so he can get a job

i emailed them copy below

Thank you for your recent query to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).
The fee changes came into effect on 1 July 2006, apologies for you receiving an out of date instruction fee page. If you have a successful migration assessment and this is your first ARTC application then there is no fee.
Thank you
Trades Recognition Australia
Melbourne Office

Sent: Saturday, 12 August 2006 9:31
To: ARTC Enquiries 1
Subject: (***) RE: (***)

One more question if I may
The paperwork that came with the application form says that the fee is $100 as I’ve already been assessed for migration purposes
Yet your web site says there’s no charge if you have already been assessed for migration purposes
( I have noted that your web site was recently updated ) is the website correct ? or do I need to get a $100 money order?

Thanks Steve

its on the revised website

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Pages/ContentPage.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=/workplace/Category/SchemesInitiatives/TRA/2SkillsassessmentforAustralianresidents.htm&NRNODE GUID={9B95950D-7E05-4FBF-8C28-9A93F29A6823}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#8

taken from that site

How much does it cost?
AUD $300 for ARTC application
AUD $270 for trade test (if required)
AUD $130 for replacement of a lost certificate
No application fee is required for an initial ARTC application from Australian residents whose skills have been successfully assessed by TRA for migration purposes

regards steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:54 am
Worongary

The buggers Mind you I did send ours to Canberra as that is where the envelope they sent was addressed to. Not that it should make a difference (but I bet it does )

Oh well, the main thing is that they get his certificate out to us so he can get a job
buggers you kept that clean wends

how OH getting on with the door work?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

buggers you kept that clean wends

how OH getting on with the door work?

I'll PM you
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Wendy, Darren sent his away but got a call a week later saying they were sending it back as 1 copy had not been certified, we had sent in a cheque with it but they sent it back and said there was no fee now. We sent it again and received a letter back the following friday saying they were looking at it and there were taking approx 20 days (working i think).

This was about 3-4 weeks ago. Luckily he has managed to get on the Taffe course a month ago, at least we dont have to wait on them sending him to it.

Stressful stuff lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.