Disillusioned

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice
Default Re: Disillusioned

The whole vetassess route is a complete joke.I have my permit to train license and employers don't want to know i have been in Brisbane 4 months and applied for loads of jobs but had no positive replies.
I've complained to vetassess and Qld licensing but they don't want to know.I have 3 kids to support and have no job and they don't care once your here.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

rinkerdink;

NO wiring rules exam, NO log book or Gap. its all tied down now sorry to say however i do like your approach its logical & you shall get through all this.

i do hope all works out for you & others on here there is now no short cut at all, this blasted log Book & gap have stuffed it all for people but as you say the Vatassess is for migration only then ARTC then the rest.???? the mine field.

Art
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
rinkerdink;

NO wiring rules exam, NO log book or Gap. its all tied down now sorry to say however i do like your approach its logical & you shall get through all this.

i do hope all works out for you & others on here there is now no short cut at all, this blasted log Book & gap have stuffed it all for people but as you say the Vatassess is for migration only then ARTC then the rest.???? the mine field.

Art
Art baby, try using an E instead of an A isdoing my shed in.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jasonlec;

Im sorry can you point me to the part where i stuffed up, im ever so sorry for being a Cabbage

Art
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:20 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

I must thank Arthur and others for the information. It appears that its catch 22 you can get your full licence when you have done the gap training and completed a 12 month log book. Which is most annoying but O.K. you have to accept it and move on, but from what it sounds like the biggest problem is getting a job which will employ you for 12 months so you can do the log book apparently them jobs are as rare as chicken teeth.....This sort of stuff can break your dream move and is most dissappointing.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsparx;

i got a phone call today from the people in Melbourne at Vets, now then this is the main bloke there. i asked a question or two last week from this lady there,

regarding vets exams also the bloody ARTC thing, she confirmed that people in the Uk would now do Vet, exam in the UK.
Then she said they need ARTC, then restricted license when here then GAP & Log book, so i checked this with energy safe vic Licensing, they agreed then i checked with PEER again agreed.

So today, this bloke phoned me, talk about a frigging back step it must be heard to believe.

He said thats all bollocks, people applying from the UK, do vets in the UK they DONT need ARTC,???? (here we go i thought). OK i said tell me whats the go for people. he said Vets in the UK then OTSR (Offshore Technical Skills Record

this allows a person to obtain the restricted license as soon as they arrive in Australia, is aid great can you let all applicants know this, he said, when people are now successful in vet they now get this booklet with all link for the info.??? we shall see what happens.

then i called PEER they now have the updated info.

would you like the link & info i got from Vet today.

I have a one to one chat with this bloke who is a decent man, i do have some fantastic news regarding the Gap & log book but im not willing put it on the direct forum, email me & you just may love what i can supply for you.

the man said this new system Vets makes life easy for people migrating i said you must be taking the P**S people are up in arms with it all especially all the conflicting information people are being fed by government departments.

Then he told me the information regarding the log book & Gap, i was speechless to be honest, only because its looking fantastic if people use there heads in the right way. the Gap is 160 hours.????? thats all im saying on here this can be reduced to.???????? like that.

I only mention this you you my friend because you have been so keen to get the correct info from the start,

Art

Last edited by The_Pom_From_Aus; Aug 12th 2009 at 11:03 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
jonsparx;

i got a phone call today from the people in Melbourne at Vets, now then this is the main bloke there. i asked a question or two last week from this lady there,

regarding vets exams also the bloody ARTC thing, she confirmed that people in the Uk would now do Vet, exam in the UK.
Then she said they need ARTC, then restricted license when here then GAP & Log book, so i checked this with energy safe vic Licensing, they agreed then i checked with PEER again agreed.

So today, this bloke phoned me, talk about a frigging back step it must be heard to believe.

He said thats all bollocks, people applying from the UK, do vets in the UK they DONT need ARTC,???? (here we go i thought). OK i said tell me whats the go for people. he said Vets in the UK then OTSR (Offshore Technical Skills Record

this allows a person to obtain the restricted license as soon as they arrive in Australia, is aid great can you let all applicants know this, he said, when people are now successful in vet they now get this booklet with all link for the info.??? we shall see what happens.

then i called PEER they now have the updated info.

would you like the link & info i got from Vet today.

I have a one to one chat with this bloke who is a decent man, i do have some fantastic news regarding the Gap & log book but im not willing put it on the direct forum, email me & you just may love what i can supply for you.

the man said this new system Vets makes life easy for people migrating i said you must be taking the P**S people are up in arms with it all especially all the conflicting information people are being fed by government departments.

Then he told me the information regarding the log book & Gap, i was speechless to be honest, only because its looking fantastic if people use there heads in the right way. the Gap is 160 hours.????? thats all im saying on here this can be reduced to.???????? like that.

I only mention this you you my friend because you have been so keen to get the correct info from the start,

Art
Hi Arthur, Thats what i have tried explaining to you in my previous post. If you do vets YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE ARTC. We were just doing this as a shortcut. With vets you get the OTSR which will allow you to work restricted with a log book. This i have confirmed from vets. This has or at least should of always been the case. What people are confused about is why has the ARTC and PEER route now changed. Why do you have to do a log book down the ARTC route aswell as people were going to peer and having there licence in 3 weeks. Whats happened there.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minty01
What people are confused about is why has the ARTC and PEER route now changed. Why do you have to do a log book down the ARTC route aswell as people were going to peer and having there licence in 3 weeks. Whats happened there.
yep i`d like to know too

i cannot get my head around this
as far as i can tell and having just recieved an email yesterday from kate at peer the as/nzs 3000 2007 ( wiring course ) is still based on 40 hours either in the classroom or via distance learning with an exam at the end
so no change there

now if the South Austarlia electrical safety office have added the need for a log book as well as your peer cert for the wiring course then theres nothing that can be done,

but what usually happens is that the rto ( recognised training organisation ) in this case peer have to assess you as competent which would include any log books etc needed to gain your wiring course credit as they dont ask for this i cannot understand why its been claimed that a log book is now needed as well as an artc for the course ?

i think that this threads got very confusing and that the only people who ca answer this in full is peer, so i`ll email kate back again and report back asap

regards steve
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

steve`o;

well said Steve, Kate is on 12 month leave from PEER i had a chat with vet in Melbourne yesterday, people now dont need ARTC this bloke told me.

read this Steve.

This is the info i got yesterday from the people in Melbourne at VET.there words below.

The VETASSESS consortium conducts assessments for trades people migrating to Australia under the general skilled migration visa program.
The successful candidates receive an OTSR (Offshore Technical Skills Record) and they do not have to obtain an ARTC (Australian Recognized Trade Certificate) from TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) to obtain a Certificate III in
ele ctrotechnology – electrician. To gain the electrician qualification, that is used for licensing purposes, they are required to complete the gap training.
The gap training has been developed by the industry skills council responsible for the electro technology industry, ee-oz http://ee-oz.com.au/ and is delivered by registered training organizations. Details of the gap training advice for electrician can be found in .pdf format here:
http://www.ee-oz.com.au/files/Post%2...trician_R1.pdf
I also asked the man about this frigging time duration for the logbook, i said your ****ing killing people, all people want to do is provide for there family's.

Me Again.
His reply was, if a company employs a person going the log book & say after 5 weeks are happy with this persons skills the company can sign of the book end of story. then i asked about the Gap, this can be done at a recognized Tafe (College) in the state your going to live in it can be done over 5 days he told me, or the 160 hours Total time can also be spread over time doing projects at home so its NOT actually 160 hours class time.

Then i said training agency's have been telling people you wont get a restricted license without the ARTC, his words Bollocks, he said he shall be instructing Agency's today of the correct system.

I only got a call from him due to me sending in an email abusing the shit out of them all. also i spoke to a woman at Vet last Friday she confirmed people require the ARTC, thats why he was calling to put it all right she had Stuffed up.

This is a decent bloke for Victoria in the Vet government dept in Parliament house Melbourne. i thought shit they have stuffed up if this bloke is phoning me direct.

1st Vet from the UK.
2nd OTST from the UK
3rd wiring rules exam
4th log book & gap can be achieved as mentioned above
5th Full license from the Energy Safe licensing dept of the state your living in.

I would still recommend you do the distance electrical learning course form the UK via PEER it cost just under $900 they send all books to your home this also includes the exam when here.
The exam is over to days 1st day revision (Do It), 2nd day exam all day theory. other agency's in each state offer training however it can take as long as 12 months to get the license through them, ive heard from people saying it may be done in W/A over 5 days but nobody has come up with any real answers or whats involved, also the cost is very high in W/A.

Once people have the full license,they will also need the OH&S cert you can do this at PEER 1 x day 6 hours most union sites wont allow you on site without this, so its well worth it
This system seems a lot easier then being frigged about on a continual basis,

normally as we know these people hide in offices down corridors, it reminds me of "Yes Minister from the UK".

Arthur

ps

Steve me & the wife are thinking of visiting Brissy in a few months for the weekend if we can arrange it maybe we can have lunch together.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
yep i`d like to know too

i cannot get my head around this
as far as i can tell and having just recieved an email yesterday from kate at peer the as/nzs 3000 2007 ( wiring course ) is still based on 40 hours either in the classroom or via distance learning with an exam at the end
so no change there

now if the South Austarlia electrical safety office have added the need for a log book as well as your peer cert for the wiring course then theres nothing that can be done,

but what usually happens is that the rto ( recognised training organisation ) in this case peer have to assess you as competent which would include any log books etc needed to gain your wiring course credit as they dont ask for this i cannot understand why its been claimed that a log book is now needed as well as an artc for the course ?

i think that this threads got very confusing and that the only people who ca answer this in full is peer, so i`ll email kate back again and report back asap

regards steve
Good post, I think this will clear up all of the confusion. Thanks Steve O.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:19 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, I think this will clear up all of the confusion. Thanks Steve O.
i`m going to have to email then again as they have iether ignored or not noted the point re log book

my email to them

From: steve [mailto:steve_***************@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2009 4:56 AM
To: #MAIL
Subject: Wiring rules course

hi there

Can you please forward information and requirements regarding your course ref "wiring rules AS/NZS 300:2007"

I have an artc as an electrical mechanic and wanted to gain an SA electrical license to work as a licensed sparkie here in qld ( where I currently live )
Is it a case of just doing the course and applying for the license or are there any further requirements ?
The reason I ask is that here in qld I would need to fill in a log book ( for four months ) with examples of work done and get it signed by my supervisor as part of the course requirements

Regards Steve

Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2009 8:20 AM
To: Karen Todd
Subject: RE: Wiring rules course

Dear Steve

Please find attached information on the Wiring Rules course that we offer at PEER VEET.

Along with the brochure we have also included a calendar, price list and an enrolment form for your information.

The Wiring Rules course can be completed either in class or by correspondence.

Please be aware that we do require payments for the course and any of the books that you require at least one week before the course commencement date or if you do choose to complete it by correspondence, no materials will be sent out until payment has been received.

If you have any further questions in regards to this course or any of the other services that we offer at PEER VEET, please don't hesitate to contact us on the details provided below.

Kind regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2009 8:11 AM
To: #PEER TEC OPERATIONS
Subject: FW: Wiring rules course

see items attached
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Upskilling Schedule 2009.doc (307.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf
Wiring Rules AS2007.pdf (563.2 KB, 305 views)
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

hmmm its a good thread topic this and i`m glad i just found it.

been in oz 5 days and im just filling out the ARTC.

long story but i didnt do the vetassess route,i did the TRA

where does leave me ?? do i bother with ARCT? just apply for a licence?

cheers lads
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
hmmm its a good thread topic this and i`m glad i just found it.

been in oz 5 days and im just filling out the ARTC.

long story but i didnt do the vetassess route,i did the TRA

where does leave me ?? do i bother with ARCT? just apply for a licence?

cheers lads
Hi Mate, If you have not had your qualifications assesed by vets but by TRA then you do need to do the ARTC. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Hi Mate, If you have not had your qualifications assesed by vets but by TRA then you do need to do the ARTC. Hope this helps.
cheers for the quick reply

then apply for the license? or do i have to do this log book crap?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Just to confirm to you guys what our position was and where we are now.

-Dave did Vetassess April 2008 (1st 1 held in London)
-Got out here May 2009
-Spoke to Energy Safe Vic and local Tafe's all said must do 12 month log book + EAL course at TAFE.
-No-one wanted to him him job cos of provisional licence.
Spoke to Peer's, ARTC & OCBA who confirmed no reason couldn't apply for ARTC now have visa
-Applies for ARTC June 2009
-Got ARTC July 2009
-Started study via distance learning
-Booked exam for 4th & 5th August 2009
-Passed exam & applied for A Grade licence 5th August
-Received licence 13th August.

Now just to get Victorian Energy Safe to formally accept licence (and reading the info on mutual recognition this is not an issue) and hey presto Vic A Grade in 2 months.

Dave spoke to an Electrical Contracting company Friday 7th and got a weeks trial starting this monday 9th.

Becky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.