Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Capstone GAP B course and exam

Capstone GAP B course and exam

Old Sep 21st 2014, 10:47 am
Just Joined

whaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Capstone GAP B course and exam

Hi everyone...

I'm booked onto the capstone in a few months in Joondalup. I've been sent the practice exam questions, but haven't heard anything about what to expect in the practical.

Has anyone done the capstone recently? It's a week long, so I'm presuming 2 days in classroom , 1 day written exam, and 2 days practical?

Can anyone shed some light on what's involved in the practical please? I.e testing, fault finding, motors?, what kind of install you do etc...

Thank you!
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

whaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond reputewhaleshark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Capstone GAP B course and exam

Hi everyone...

I did the capstone a few weeks back. It wasn't that bad to be honest. 2 days in classroom doing GAP B ekas questions and general revision. Then the rest of the week was testing some equipment, a bit of fault finding, a small install and testing, some verbal questions, a theory test, then a maximum demand calculation.

You get to go through everything first before you do it so it's not too bad.

I passed and got my Cert III today so quite pleased. Thanks again to all the regulars on this site for all the info over the past 12 months. Very helpful!

Old Dec 24th 2014, 7:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whaleshark
Hi everyone...

I did the capstone a few weeks back. It wasn't that bad to be honest. 2 days in classroom doing GAP B ekas questions and general revision. Then the rest of the week was testing some equipment, a bit of fault finding, a small install and testing, some verbal questions, a theory test, then a maximum demand calculation.

You get to go through everything first before you do it so it's not too bad.

I passed and got my Cert III today so quite pleased. Thanks again to all the regulars on this site for all the info over the past 12 months. Very helpful!

Congrats (feels good to put in behind you don't it )
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:39 am
Just Joined

It certainly does O.S. It also puts you in a different league when looking for jobs to be fair.