Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

British trained American electrical contractor wanting to work in the us

British trained American electrical contractor wanting to work in the us

Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Tsparks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British trained American electrical contractor wanting to work in the us

Hi I'm currently living in England and have been running my own business as an electrical contractor in domestic, commercial and industrial sectors for the last 3 years. I am an American citizen hoping to move back to the U.S and wondering how I would have to go about transferring my qualifications over and any re training I would need as from what I have researched it is a lot different. I have 10 years + experience apprentice trained nvq level 3, City and guilds testing and inspection 2391, 17 th edition and jib registered but by the looks of it this won't help me a great deal! If anybody with any experience of 'starting again' in the electrical industry in the USA it would be much appreciated. I also have a wife who is a trained beauty therapist and a 2 year old son.
Tim
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British trained American electrical contractor wanting to work in the us

Originally Posted by Tsparks
Hi I'm currently living in England and have been running my own business as an electrical contractor in domestic, commercial and industrial sectors for the last 3 years. I am an American citizen hoping to move back to the U.S and wondering how I would have to go about transferring my qualifications over and any re training I would need as from what I have researched it is a lot different. I have 10 years + experience apprentice trained nvq level 3, City and guilds testing and inspection 2391, 17 th edition and jib registered but by the looks of it this won't help me a great deal! If anybody with any experience of 'starting again' in the electrical industry in the USA it would be much appreciated. I also have a wife who is a trained beauty therapist and a 2 year old son.
Tim
Hi Tim,

I can't recall seeing any US sparkies in this section - might be worth asking in the main US forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57 - hopefully someone there will be able to help

... and if there are any US sparkies lurking here - sorry