Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Alki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Originally Posted by Alki
Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers
Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Alki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.
Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alki
Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.
Let's put it another way then......nobody on this forum is going to help you commit *any* kind of fraud.

Thread closed.