Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

AUS standard books wanted - AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3012, AS/NZS 3008 & AS/NZS 3017, ETSA

AUS standard books wanted - AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3012, AS/NZS 3008 & AS/NZS 3017, ETSA

Old May 27th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AUS standard books wanted - AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3012, AS/NZS 3008 & AS/NZS 3017, ETSA

I’m going to need these books for my course and exams. Does anybody have any tip where to get them for a reasonable price? Any recommendation highly appreciated.
Old May 28th 2013, 1:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUS standard books wanted - AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3012, AS/NZS 3008 & AS/NZS 3017,

Originally Posted by jimcz
I’m going to need these books for my course and exams. Does anybody have any tip where to get them for a reasonable price? Any recommendation highly appreciated.
I got mine through PEER and paid the full price - if you are in Adelaide you are welcome to borrow them, but have you tried Gumtree?
Old May 28th 2013, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice
Default Re: AUS standard books wanted - AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3012, AS/NZS 3008 & AS/NZS 3017,

you can download the service rules here http://www.sapowernetworks.com.au/ce...pe=and&xcid=43
Old May 29th 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I got mine through PEER and paid the full price - if you are in Adelaide you are welcome to borrow them, but have you tried Gumtree?
Hi, I tried both Gumtree and Ebay but except for somebody who wants only a local pick up (and has only some of them) I haven't found any offer.

It would be great if you could help me out. I'll send you a PM.
Old May 29th 2013, 9:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I tried both Gumtree and Ebay but except for somebody who wants only a local pick up (and has only some of them) I haven't found any offer.

It would be great if you could help me out. I'll send you a PM.
no worries
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:27 am

If it's of interest to anyone else - PEER sell second hand copies of the books if you phone them - apparantly people sell them back at the end of their course so if you ring PEER when one course finishes, they sell the second hand copies at half price.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Tim72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi, I just bought 2 books and realised I now need AS/NSZ 3008 and 3017
When did you do the course and how did you find it ? Just started on Monday and this is a 3 week course. A bit overwhelmed on how much we need to do. I have been an electrician for 30 years in the uk and havent been to college since qualifying all those years ago !!! and I'm not looking forward to the next 3weeks either. If you have these books still could I buy them or borrow them if you need to keep hold of them. They do not have any left at college. Much appreciated , Tim
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Tim72
Hi, I just bought 2 books and realised I now need AS/NSZ 3008 and 3017
When did you do the course and how did you find it ? Just started on Monday and this is a 3 week course. A bit overwhelmed on how much we need to do. I have been an electrician for 30 years in the uk and havent been to college since qualifying all those years ago !!! and I'm not looking forward to the next 3weeks either. If you have these books still could I buy them or borrow them if you need to keep hold of them. They do not have any left at college. Much appreciated , Tim
I'm doing the gap training too Tim Nothing available from gumtree?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:29 am
Just Joined

SparkyAU is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the pdf's
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:04 am
Just Joined

LeonG23 is an unknown quantity at this point

SparkyAU is it possible if we could sort an arrangement where i pay you for copies of your .pdfs as im sitting my A Grade electrical license course and i need book desperately but don't have much money left to pay for hard copy books.
would really appreciate the help.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 10:10 am
Just Joined

ermmmm let me think, how about NO. i was given the pdf's, this site has helped me loads, in turn i have helped others (as SparkyUK and now in oz as SparkyAU). We are all in this thing together (some are further along than others thats all), and as what goes around, comes around, drop me a pm with your email. Who know what santa brings
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:22 am
Just Joined

SparkyAU your a legend got all the books, thanks so much this has saved me massively. i didn't have the luxury of buying hard copies as money is so tight without working as an A grade, really good carma coming your way bro.
i hope to pass on any help as like you said we all need to help each other since we UK sparkys are getting bent over by the OZ licensing.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Help is always given to those who ask at Hogwarts (ermm i mean expats). If you get hard copies printed from places like office works. let people know how much it costs, just as a guideline if possible.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:34 am
Just Joined

hah thanks Gandalf. yer no worries im gonna head down to office works to get it put together today so ill let everyone know.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Jen22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Leon,

My partner is in the same position as you and is hoping to complete the course within the next 2 months. Is it possible you could send me the PDF'S as I am not sure where to download the correct ones?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.