ARTC trade interview.

Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:00 am
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC trade interview.

Originally Posted by steve`o
thats a really good post mate and thanks for sharing the info

Yes simple. I bet actually getting recognised and getting a job is the real test. Did these people ring you up in the UK, or when you moved to Oz? I'm still trying to find out the score, as I have read in some of the posts that sparkies have come to Oz and can't get a job due to licence restrictions on their experience.

Can most of these tests be done in the UK, and then the final exam for the licence be done in Oz?

Regards Martyn
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:58 am
Account Closed

chris_at_forum is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know in which states the ARTC is recognized?

Is it only SA? Not in NSW where it has been easy to get a license with VTT and one year experience. Now they make you go to TAFE also. I had office of fair traiding on the phone today. TAFE in NSW can recognize prior learning somehow.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

dalgoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Im waiting for the phone call any up dates on new questions that will be asked?
Been a long time since college?

This whole TRA bull is driving me mad????
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:30 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojovibe
Yes simple. I bet actually getting recognised and getting a job is the real test. Did these people ring you up in the UK, or when you moved to Oz? I'm still trying to find out the score, as I have read in some of the posts that sparkies have come to Oz and can't get a job due to licence restrictions on their experience.

Can most of these tests be done in the UK, and then the final exam for the licence be done in Oz?

Regards Martyn
NSW is probably one of the easiest states to a job without a licence. However Sydney is probably the most expensive to live. But it still beats the rest of the cities by far for everything else.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:11 am
Just Joined

jackthelad99 is an unknown quantity at this point

nybody got updated questions im due a interview
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackthelad99
nybody got updated questions im due a interview
Let us know how you get on mate.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

chris_at_forum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jockstar
NSW is probably one of the easiest states to a job without a licence. However Sydney is probably the most expensive to live. But it still beats the rest of the cities by far for everything else.
yes, you are right, but thats the problem, too.
If everyone can do full sparky jobs and so many backpackers fill full positions on their working holiday visa, then there is no demand for licensed electricians, and therefor its more difficult do get authorities to grand us the artc or license . Also UK backpackers keep prices low. Well they get their tax back later on.

And to anybody who applies for an artc, don't mention to much independent and responsible work as your reference. Part of the assessment is check through the LTC (local trades committee), which has licensing people sitting in it, and they don't like unlicensed work.

also, wages stayed low in Sydney while prices rose strong in the last 20 years.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:37 am
Just Joined

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point

surely 11 and 12 woudl be dependant on length of the run and how they are run am i wrong
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:53 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dochisholm
surely 11 and 12 woudl be dependant on length of the run and how they are run am i wrong
you are completely right, there are several derating factors that can be applied depending on how the cable is installed, but what there looking for is you to show that you know there are factors that can affect the current ratings and they don't expect you to know everything down to the last amp, volt, ohm etc. what there looking for, is for you to convince them that you know what youre doing, so give them as much info as you can, so say it would depend on how the cable is installed and the de-rating factors and give them a range that you expect the cable to be able to carry i.e.from x to y depending if its run in conduit, grouping factors, insulation etc.
i know that there's a lot riding on the outcome of these sorts of things but the impression i get is that too many people look to deeply and possibly thinking that there trying to trip you up and make you fail. my experience is (all be it 5 years ago) that they will try and guide you to the right answer. they dont expect you to know every aspect of being a sparky, most people work in only one or two areas of this job and so are going to be good at answering the questions in those areas and not so good at the areas they dont. but dont try and bullshit them, if you dont understand the question say so, they will more than likely re-phrase the question or guide you to the answer on the principles behind the question. so if you need to think about a question tell them what your'e thinking and your thought process, if your wrong they will tell you. obviously if you dont know what Ohm's law is i wouldnt expect you to pass but then again i wouldn't expect you to be doing what we have/are doing.
all the best to everyone in the process of getting their TRA, VISA's Licences and just remember to relax, it's Australia, home of wearing boardies to work
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:18 am
Just Joined

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you
Old Feb 25th 2012, 1:31 am
Just Joined

hhls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Dochisholm and everyone:

This is hhls. Does somebody take recent interview. Any more update theoretical written questions? And practical work tasks, anybody can give me some idea or examples? I am going to take interview soon.

Thanks a lot.