artc

Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:03 am
Just Joined

tetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: artc

Part 10 - Description of your work

Since qualifying as an electrician my work has consisted of,

The wiring and testing of electrical installations. Such as domestic, commercial, fire alarm, burglar alarm and home automation systems
Repair and maintenance of all aspects of wiring systems
Servicing of fire alarms and emergency lights
Completing test result sheets
Completing job sheets for all work completed
Ordering parts and materials from wholesalers
Maintaining levels of stock

I typically spend around 30 minutes per day filling out job sheets and paperwork, about 30 - 45 minutes ordering or picking up parts and materials and the rest of the day is spent working.

My tool kit and equipment I use consists of,

Electricians hand tools. Such as screwdrivers, pliers, side cutters, hacksaw, trimming knife, hammer, bolsters and chisels, spanners and wrenches, files, tape measure, spirit level, crimpers
Battery and mains powered drills
Core cutting drill
Gas operated nail gun
Jig saw
Steps, ladders, mobile scaffolding and scissors lift machines
Multi meter
Test meters including, loop tester, installation tester RCD tester and clamp meter
Hard hat, safety glasses, ear defenders and body harnesses

Materials I use consist of,

Cable - twin and earth, single pvc, flex, swa, cat 5, fire rated, meter tails, coaxial and satellite and alarm cable
Fixings - expansion plugs, dry wall fixings, screws, nails, pop rivets, cable clips and cable ties cable ties
Cable management - pvc trunking and conduit, flexible conduit, steel trunking and conduit, cable tray and basket
Consumer units, MCB’s and RCD’s
Contactors and relays
Sockets and switches
Thermostats
Lighting - pendants, 2d, fluorescent and high intensity discharge fittings, down lights, wall lights, security lights, emergency lights, control gear, photocells and transformers.

Below are some pictures and descriptions that show the type of work I regularly undertake.

These are the consumer units I connected as part a full house rewire.

This job involved the complete installation of the cables, fitting and connecting of all accessories and consumer units, testing and filling out test sheets.

These are the Mode Evolution lighting panels I installed as part of a new build installation.

This job involved the complete installation of the cables, fitting and connecting of all light fittings and panels, testing and filling out test sheets.

This is the installation of an extractor fan controlled by a PIR in a bin store.

This job involved the installation of the conduit and cables, fitting and connecting of the fan, isolator and PIR, function testing, electrical testing and filling out test sheets.

This is what it should have taken you to minus the pics.

Ive since found this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731125

so looks like I need to put alot more detail into the part 10 section.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:28 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Well goodluck,
I followed the excellent advice on here made sure i included all the installation work i do also that I am the Qualifying Supervisor for the large commercial estate i work on including details of what that involves (signing of the installation work of other electricians as well as my own) etc etc and i still got the shaft with a fitters artc. It was so biased towards a mechanics result that I was thinking of toning it down a bit!

So put in all you can but don't count your chickens until you have the result. Some applications are unsuccessful despite reams of evidence and documentation and other are successful with seemingly brief descriptions and short work history and vice versa. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this but you are better off i think supplying too much than trying to keep things brief.

Good luck and welcome to the mine field
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

tetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the rough

Well I worked on it all day Sunday and got it looking a lot better and 10 times more detailed.

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
i still got the shaft with a fitters artc.

Did you put a fitter as a secondary trade or did they just give it to you?
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:46 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tetley86
Well I worked on it all day Sunday and got it looking a lot better and 10 times more detailed.

Did you put a fitter as a secondary trade or did they just give it to you?

No i purposely left it off because i didn't want the word fitter to enter their minds

Looking on the bright side it's better than getting nothing and i am currently working towards the South Australian A-class licence via the distance learning PEER course. A hell of a lot has been said for and against this route but i see it as my best chance of securing skilled work on arrival even if i still have to do the long yards for a QLD fitter/mechanics licence. The SA A-class licence permits you to work as an unrestricted electrician anywhere in Australia, although most employers prefer to have local state licenced sparks I am told.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elect42
Woody why dont you get Permit to Work Under Supervision application form fill that in get working with a company while you wait to enrol on the course?

at least its an income, I have had friends that did this, you seem to get around 3-4 bucks lessas they did but got the exam now earning alot more.

Its all ahead of us flights booked 3rd June here we come to the madness of licensing WA Australia
Ive looked at that as an option but the two jobs that have been offered I would be the only electrician on shift so there wouldn't be anyone to supervise me !!!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Gary,
what a nightmare mate 7-1 bloody pathetic is all i can say, im keeping a low profile tomorrow from all the Snake Pit Utd supporters at work.

your lot are now back on track i see

art
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Gary,
what a nightmare mate 7-1 bloody pathetic is all i can say, im keeping a low profile tomorrow from all the Snake Pit Utd supporters at work.

your lot are now back on track i see

art
Was a bit of a snotting that mate !!!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Gary,
i watched it last night mate all i can say is they are pathetic, the players are simply not good enough & to be honest it could have been 12 or 13 very easy.
the people at work lashed me i can assure you.?? i don't think there is anyway they can get out of all this now & that cabbage Samba i would make sure he does not play again you just don't refuse to play for the team.

art

woodymcfc;9886369]Was a bit of a snotting that mate !!!![/QUOTE]
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:22 am
Just Joined

ilovespurs09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey people, I am currently doing my application for my ARTC. I seem to have worked through it ok but need some idea on how much detail you need to give for the description of work ! i have done one but everytime i look at someone elses on here it seems to be more detailed. Also at what stage do you need references?

Cheers for the help?

Lee
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:26 am
Just Joined

ricky77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's a bit cheeky but, can anyone let me use there Adelaide address when I arrive to validate in April cos Artc won't go any further till I am there. Cheers.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ricky77
I know it's a bit cheeky but, can anyone let me use there Adelaide address when I arrive to validate in April cos Artc won't go any further till I am there. Cheers.
Ricky are you sure they wont process it until we land permanantly?

I am going to email them stating whats happening with my application as its over 30 days I know it takes longer than this but I am looking to a reponse in they definately wont process until I am on aussie soil.

Strange tho why let us apply overseas artc certificate but wont process it?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Elect42 I had the email stating they wont process any further till I get there. So I thought when I arrive in April to validate I'd just phone them up and give the address that some really nice person on here will hopefully lend me and it should get the ball rolling again.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ricky77
Hi Elect42 I had the email stating they wont process any further till I get there. So I thought when I arrive in April to validate I'd just phone them up and give the address that some really nice person on here will hopefully lend me and it should get the ball rolling again.
I got it too but is it not generated email as others got it too, but still got artc certificate?
We are not heading over until June which I won't be impressed if it hasn't been assessed.
I'm am going to email them as I said but many here get mixed responses.
What we really need to know is did anyone receive they're artc from applying since October November time then this should clear that we can still obtain artc from uk, but actually receive certificate when we arrive? Which I am hoping it meant that!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Elect42 I really hope your right cos I'm pretty sick of the whole licensing process. If you get a response from them could you let me know cheers.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

hi elect42 ive got confirmation today that they wont continue the artc application until i can prove i live there with utility bill etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.