artc

Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

ricky77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: artc

got an email today saying im being assessed and i registered on the online portal so it just means that they wont issue the cert until you get there.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

I got same then those emails a few days later, wait and see if you get any like I did.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

well guess what, I have provided insufficient evidence, ****ing unbelievable !!!! Really there would be no more evidence that I could have supplied and I would challenge anyone who can provide more evidence !!!! I have provided sworn declarations in a court of law in front of a JP and they mean **** all to these so called trades committees....BUT not all is lost..................they have offered me the trade test, more money, to prove that I have been an electrician for over 20 years...............I am more than willing to sit this trade test, anyone know what it involves and where I will sit the test ?
Regards
Gary
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ricky77
got an email today saying im being assessed and i registered on the online portal so it just means that they wont issue the cert until you get there.
Being assessed or waiting assessment?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woodymcfc
well guess what, I have provided insufficient evidence, ****ing unbelievable !!!! Really there would be no more evidence that I could have supplied and I would challenge anyone who can provide more evidence !!!! I have provided sworn declarations in a court of law in front of a JP and they mean **** all to these so called trades committees....BUT not all is lost..................they have offered me the trade test, more money, to prove that I have been an electrician for over 20 years...............I am more than willing to sit this trade test, anyone know what it involves and where I will sit the test ?
Regards
Gary
Sorry to hear that mate, unless I or anyone else seen what you sent in its anyones guess of wny your outcome. I have lodged alot pictures including of my work van with graphics showing same as letterheads, invoices, tax statements, references from clients, previous employers really well detailed right back until I started, 18 years ago. Sworn Decs like you, a lot of how I go about daily duties, with theyre key works they want etc... If I get same, Ill just use OSTR frig that malmarky, its a money game just how far we want to spend I suppose.

Good luck anyway, I cant answer what it invloves as I dont know many people that has had to go for it, if any, all my mates didnt have too.
They got they'res ages ago.

On my portal its saying awaiting assessment, think they are still looking residence rather than Uk, like they said need tobe residing in OZ.
Time will tell.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elect42
Sorry to hear that mate, unless I or anyone else seen what you sent in its anyones guess of wny your outcome. I have lodged alot pictures including of my work van with graphics showing same as letterheads, invoices, tax statements, references from clients, previous employers really well detailed right back until I started, 18 years ago. Sworn Decs like you, a lot of how I go about daily duties, with theyre key works they want etc... If I get same, Ill just use OSTR frig that malmarky, its a money game just how far we want to spend I suppose.

Good luck anyway, I cant answer what it invloves as I dont know many people that has had to go for it, if any, all my mates didnt have too.

On my portal its saying awaiting assessment, think they are still looking residence rather than Uk, like they said need tobe residing in OZ.
Time will tell.
Just got off the phone from TRA, got through straight away ! I can sit the trade test in Oz, 1 day basic stuff. It is something that the LTC are known to do, more money but if I pass looks like i'll get the mechanic cert. I can feel less stressed now over christmas !!!

The only thing that I can think of is that there is only 3 or 4 of us on maintenance who have the 2391 inspection & testing, I'm not one of them ! all the jobs we do, get signed off by one of these lads, purely a cost thing is the reason why the rest of us weren't sent on the course. Thats the only reason I can think of why they want me to do this trade test, not to worry, i emailed my ex colleague again this morning and he said there really is a shortage of maintenance sparks and I will definitely get work no doubt about it !!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

stevie09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alryt lads hows it going, I was working in auz from feb till aug 2011 and had to complete the Artc its a nightmare and takes so long, after gathering all my evidence and sending it off i set up the online tra tracking thing on the (deewr site) but the status never changed just said awaiting assessment, I had since left the company in aug and came home to ireland then waited and waited emailing my company and tra, I think it was october or november i got word it was accepted but but the whole time the tracking thing on there website said awaiting assessment. I was working with a fella that put his in the same time as me and didnt provide a copy of his AM2 certificate but every other one and got rejected but had 30 days to sort the problem out free of charge. This was just my experience with them not everyones is the same from what ive been told.

Cheers Stevie.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Time will tell.
ok here goes, please forgive me if I've forgotten anything because I have supplied them with so much

- Electrical apprentice certificates from EITB
- confirmation of apprenticeship from board (ELA) that took over from EITB
- 27 Page reference from company where I did my apprenticeship explaining everything that I did during my apprenticeship and when I was employed as a full fledged electrician. This reference was mainly based on my apprenticeship modules from EITB and included every installation technique known !!
- 4 Page reference from my 2nd employer
-4 page reference from my 3rd and up until last week my current employer
- BTEC first certificate Engineering
- BTEC ONC Engineering
- BTEC HNC Engineering
- City & Guilds IEE 16th edition installation certificate
- City & Guilds IEE 17th edition installation update certificate
- Omron PLC basic & advance programming (carried out at Omron headquarters in London)
- Abrasive wheels certificate
- lifting & slinging certificate
- Power press regulations
- Qualified First Aider for over 10 years
- Several specific machine training courses i.e KBA printing presses, Bosch rexroth VSD's etc...
- 2 Page description of my day to day work as requested on the ARTC application form explaining all tools etc.....

I Applied initially for Electrical Mechanic & Electrical Fitter and was awarded with the fitter title only, not happy because of licensing restrictions and an ex colleague submitted near identical documents to same board a few years ago and got the dual trade mechanic & fitter...........

But I could submit further evidence for my Mechanic title which I did below....

- A 62 page statutory declaration explaining all the installation techniques that were in my first reference and the different types of installation work that I do and that the majority of my work 80% was that of installation (this was done in front of a JP in a magistrates court)
- included in this 62 page stat dec was another stat dec done by my ex-colleague who is now the engineering manager at a national newspaper printers in Perth explaining that the work I do is the equivalent of that of a electrical Mechanic in Western Australia.
-Photographs of 3 of my latest installation jobs with very detailed descriptions about the planning, what materials were used, cable sizes, trunking etc..... installation certificates and final inspection & testing certificate. Then connecting to supplies at dist board, mcb's, rcd's etc......
- several other photos of jobs that i have done with installation certificates included and signed by me.
- Another reference from my current employer explaining that he had read the official TRA description of an Electrcial Mechanic and has no doubt that it describes my daily duties
- just in case the board missed my C&G 16th & 17th edition installation certificates another copy

guess what they still said that I had provided insufficient evidence BUT would give me the option of doing a trade test once I arrive in Oz at a cost of $270..........I have no problem in doing this but can anyone tell me what other evidence is required ??????????????????????????

Best of luck for anyone wanting to be an electrician in Western Australia................oh by the way did I mention that I've been an electrican since I left school with no breaks in employment.......21
years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Hello guys,
I've got my 176 pr visa which has to be generated by October, and to get this I had to go the vettasses route(OSTR). I'm just starting to enter this "nightmare" phase that you guys are now at. Do you have to apply to the TRA to get a license? I just thought you had to do a log book once you were over there, and then the energy safe course.
If not, do you get a fitters licence by producing OTSR to the TRA straight away? And then do you do the energy safe course. I've got an oz address that I can put down when applying from over here if need be.
Like you guys I've been in the game for 20+ years and I don't want a load of hassle just to get started. Can you start as a fitter and then apply for a mechanics license once you've got yourself established?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Forgot to add I'm going to WA
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by biggaf
Hello guys,
I've got my 176 pr visa which has to be generated by October, and to get this I had to go the vettasses route(OSTR). I'm just starting to enter this "nightmare" phase that you guys are now at. Do you have to apply to the TRA to get a license? I just thought you had to do a log book once you were over there, and then the energy safe course.
If not, do you get a fitters licence by producing OTSR to the TRA straight away? And then do you do the energy safe course. I've got an oz address that I can put down when applying from over here if need be.
Like you guys I've been in the game for 20+ years and I don't want a load of hassle just to get started. Can you start as a fitter and then apply for a mechanics license once you've got yourself established?
It is a bit daunting and can be a nitemare, firstly I am in the same position as you, going in June WA same PR visa have also OSTR but have applied for ARTC cert as this seems to be a quicker route to get A licensed after the two week exam approved from energy safe as far as Im aware, hasnt been proven yet with OSTR route hence why Ive applied ARTC also. So I will have two paths either ARTC or go with OSTR cert.

With TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) you apply for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trades Certificate) which require alot of information follow the criteria they want the way they say with also any other backup information as much as possible and I THINK we should be fine, mines saying in online portal awaiting assessment. Woody has had a hard time with his application, just on the subject WOODY did you lodge City and Guilds exams 2361/2362 AM2, 2391 exams they are the ones they recognise? EITB? What is this I have 20 years behind me and its always been City and Guilds apprenticeship qualifications?

TRA ARTC is a trades recognised certificate nearly same as OSTR, difference is ARTC cert is gained through criteria within OZ, OSTR is gained from UK when immigration purpose. These are TWO very differenet certificates.

Both these certs can be used to look towards getting A license in OZ, by producing either cert to energy safe WA, then they will give you a letter to set an exam with the local CET to do a two week course and exam, in completing the exam and positive result you bring this back to energy safe that will give A license (this is the were it gets debateable)
Artc cert, energy safe approval for exam, exam pass, energy safe get A license.

Then the OSTR way, OSTR Cert, energy safe approval for exam, Exam pass, Energy safe get restricted license do log book up until 3-6 months complete then A License.

Energy safe seem to change theyre mind or people within it as its abit unclear, different states do differenet ways. WA used too be from what Ive researched, when you get the electrical exam two week course done with either OSTR or ARTC you get your A license, but now it seems you only get the A license quicker getting your ARTC Cert through TRA.
I think for the sake of 300 bucks I would get the ARTC cert aswell and apply that way when you get over for your exam, failiing that use the OSTR and take your chances.

I have spoke to TRA a few times and get mixed responses with the OSTR but with the ARTC seems to be the better route for A license as its an actual australia trades recognise certificate, instead of the OSTR cert that seems to be a required certificate for immigration purpose only but also can be used to obtain A license the longer way ( I think they perfer ARTC but OSTR will do as they cant really turn it down as its a Ozzy immigration thing, but youll go a longer route with it).
This is all based on WA only other states are differenet.

When I get all sorted and actually working I am going to write a full discussion WA route for electrical License to try and clear it up, but things change with new rules etc... so it might only be a small benefit use.

Its has been confusing, stressful, annoying, exciting and quite fun experience probably one that I hope never have to do again, but life isnt never simple or everyone would be doing it!

Goodluck mate and maybe pass you one day!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

It is a bit daunting and can be a nitemare, firstly I am in the same position as you, going in June WA same PR visa have also OSTR but have applied for ARTC cert as this seems to be a quicker route to get A licensed after the two week exam approved from energy safe as far as Im aware, hasnt been proven yet with OSTR route hence why Ive applied ARTC also. So I will have two paths either ARTC or go with OSTR cert.

With TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) you apply for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trades Certificate) which require alot of information follow the criteria they want the way they say with also any other backup information as much as possible and I THINK we should be fine, mines saying in online portal awaiting assessment. Woody has had a hard time with his application, just on the subject WOODY did you lodge City and Guilds exams 2361/2362 AM2, 2391 exams they are the ones they recognise? EITB? What is this I have 20 years behind me and its always been City and Guilds apprenticeship qualifications?

TRA ARTC is a trades recognised certificate nearly same as OSTR, difference is ARTC cert is gained through criteria within OZ, OSTR is gained from UK when immigration purpose. These are TWO very differenet certificates.

Both these certs can be used to look towards getting A license in OZ, by producing either cert to energy safe WA, then they will give you a letter to set an exam with the local CET to do a two week course and exam, in completing the exam and positive result you bring this back to energy safe that will give A license (this is the were it gets debateable)
Artc cert, energy safe approval for exam, exam pass, energy safe get A license.

Then the OSTR way, OSTR Cert, energy safe approval for exam, Exam pass, Energy safe get restricted license do log book up until 3-6 months complete then A License.

Energy safe seem to change theyre mind or people within it as its abit unclear, different states do differenet ways. WA used too be from what Ive researched, when you get the electrical exam two week course done with either OSTR or ARTC you get your A license, but now it seems you only get the A license quicker getting your ARTC Cert through TRA.
I think for the sake of 300 bucks I would get the ARTC cert aswell and apply that way when you get over for your exam, failiing that use the OSTR and take your chances.

I have spoke to TRA a few times and get mixed responses with the OSTR but with the ARTC seems to be the better route for A license as its an actual australia trades recognise certificate, instead of the OSTR cert that seems to be a required certificate for immigration purpose only but also can be used to obtain A license the longer way ( I think they perfer ARTC but OSTR will do as they cant really turn it down as its a Ozzy immigration thing, but youll go a longer route with it).
This is all based on WA only other states are differenet.

When I get all sorted and actually working I am going to write a full discussion WA route for electrical License to try and clear it up, but things change with new rules etc... so it might only be a small benefit use.

Its has been confusing, stressful, annoying, exciting and quite fun experience probably one that I hope never have to do again, but life isnt never simple or everyone would be doing it!

Goodluck mate and maybe pass you one day!
Cheers elect42,
Thats made the whole thing alot clear in my own mind, I just can't believe all the info that yourself and woodymcfc have sent!
I've worked here there and everywhere over the years, going from construction to commercial work, then to a bit of offshore, bit of tunnelling, back to construction and now on to a maintenance/breakdown squad on a large factory where i thought i would retire. (this was all when you chased the top money jumping from agency to agency in the back of the Sun!) To go into the detail like you guys have done would be a nightmare. I may have to just do the OSTR way, because the detail on that which was sent off is nothing like as much as yours. Surely once your over there they can tell?
If you just done the energy safe course, who assess's you for a license?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

elect42,

Heard anything else about your application?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by biggaf
elect42,

Heard anything else about your application?
No mate still saying in portal waiting asessement, was sent and received start of December. I'm going to give them another week and email them to make sure everything's the way it should be, just incase I may have to do something else like provide a Aussie address!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

ricky77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: artc

Anybody heard anything about their waiting assessments. Mines been saying that for about a month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.