2391 TESTING AND INSPECTION

Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Brian williamson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2391 TESTING AND INSPECTION

Hi
I have the chance to do my city and guilds 2391 testing and inspection before i move over to Melbourne next year.
I have not applied for my Aus trade recognisation certificate and was wondering if the 2391 cert is recognised or helps towards anything in Melbourne.
Brian
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2391 TESTING AND INSPECTION

Originally Posted by Brian williamson
Hi
I have the chance to do my city and guilds 2391 testing and inspection before i move over to Melbourne next year.
I have not applied for my Aus trade recognisation certificate and was wondering if the 2391 cert is recognised or helps towards anything in Melbourne.
Brian
hi Brian,
To be honest, I don't know how much of a difference it would make but it can only help, but only marginally I would think because if you can show that you have served an apprenticeship and have ongoing experience then that would be suffice for recognition.
If, when you say, that you have a chance, does this mean that someone else is paying for it? If so, then do it. Nothing to lose (unless you're paying for it yourself, it's not a cheap course) and it would be useful if you ever decide to return to the UK.
Regards Derren
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:04 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

If it's free training then why not!

I have 2391 but despite following all the advice got lumbered with a fitters artc so it obviously didn't do me much good . But it won't do you any harm.

Good luck
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

As said if its free. but will not count for squat here. The TRA is everything, then the ARTC which requires evidence of practical installation. People you worked for/with saying what you did in detail. I thought a pile of C & G certs inc 2391 would carry me through along with 14 years employment with Midlands Electricity Board. Then 10 years as an maintenance spark. No.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice

I done it at home before i arrived in Sydney mate and it counts for nothing basically. But as everyone says, if its free, go for it.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:07 am
Just Joined

Madge_MR is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband's 2391 means nothing in Canada, so I'm pretty sure it's a UK recognition, and nowhere else. But I'm just going on what others have posted before me... may as well get it though. My husband is going back to the UK on Friday, after not being able to find employment here after 2 years of trying, so it's worth it to have in case you have to go back at some point.

Good luck!
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Brian williamson is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for all the info.
Sorry i have not responded sooner, I sold my house and it took a while to get back online.
I have to pay for it, its not the cash its the hassle of going to collage to do the course. I have just started to look into doing my atrc it looks like a pain in the arse, i will have to have a good look through this forum to get a heads up on it all.
Cheers Brian.