189 Visa to oz??

Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

mitchwalsh88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 Visa to oz??

Hi, was wondering if i'm going to apply for the 189 visa is it better to get my IELTS + VETNASSESS(or other TRA) first, then apply. Not sure whether to use an agency, i've been told you can do it but I dont want to make a mistake
Old Jan 17th 2014, 3:08 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Visa to oz??

Originally Posted by mitchwalsh88
Hi, was wondering if i'm going to apply for the 189 visa is it better to get my IELTS + VETNASSESS(or other TRA) first, then apply. Not sure whether to use an agency, i've been told you can do it but I dont want to make a mistake
If you want to apply for a PR visa, you would need skills assessment first. That would be Vetassess, Vic Uni or Future Skills. If you do not need the points, and are the citizen / passport holder of the UK (and some other countries) you do not need IELTS. You need to look at the Vetassess site - http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ade_skills.cfm to see if you can pass the skills assessment; and Skill select for visas (but booklet 6 covers the main ones - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf )

I did the skills assessment and IELTS myself - then used an agent to file state sponsorship and actual visa app at reduced cost (agent fee only £900 instead of £1800 if onboard for everything). I only used an agent as the rules were changing, and I didn't have enough time / organisation to convince myself I could complete it
Old Jan 28th 2014, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

mitchwalsh88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you want to apply for a PR visa, you would need skills assessment first. That would be Vetassess, Vic Uni or Future Skills. If you do not need the points, and are the citizen / passport holder of the UK (and some other countries) you do not need IELTS. You need to look at the Vetassess site - http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ade_skills.cfm to see if you can pass the skills assessment; and Skill select for visas (but booklet 6 covers the main ones - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf )

I did the skills assessment and IELTS myself - then used an agent to file state sponsorship and actual visa app at reduced cost (agent fee only £900 instead of £1800 if onboard for everything). I only used an agent as the rules were changing, and I didn't have enough time / organisation to convince myself I could complete it
Sorry i've taken so long to reply, i've been away. Without IELTS i'll only have 45 points so would need to score over 8 is that correct? The route you took sounds more appealing. I'm thinking of doing the IELTS in March and if hopefully pass, then book onto VETASSESS, it sounds easier to get these done before using an agent. Thanks for your response, things are starting to look clearer

Last edited by mitchwalsh88; Jan 28th 2014 at 4:51 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Downundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond repute

I had to do the IELTS course as well. I recommend you revise if you need to get 8 points.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:15 am
Just Joined

jamesS85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 8.5 overall and didnt revise
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Downundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond repute

Clever sh*te!!!

I got 8.5 as well, so I suppose we are both clever sh*te's.....

John.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Haha thats true, I did mine in perth with about 150 others. I was in total shock that the woman reading out rules and instructions couldnt speak english properly as she had trouble pronouncing words properly and using correct grammer. A bit of a laugh really
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Ya dont know anything about this technical interview for vetassess john?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:44 am
Just Joined

I done mine in Bangkok with about 500 others and it was an Aussie guy who gave the speech.

Sorry, can't help with the interview although I think I read somewhere on the forum that they ask questions about motors. That seems to be a hot topic in Australia. I would also expect maximum demand and cable calcs, volt dro, etc.

John.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Max demand queation over the phone, its ridiculous. Sure ya need your reg books for that! I hate all this, just had to do the australian cert 3 to get my licence, my head was pickled doing that. Now this interview, ive been working as spark for last ten years, oh well enough yappin, just get it done I suppose. A guy I know was asked to explain how a centrifugal switch works, crazy. Thanks anyways