16th Edition or not

Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 16th Edition or not

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
is it worth him doing the 2391?
Hi, I have done the 2391 but I did not know at the time that I would be emigrating to oz. If I did know I don't think I would have done it as I paid for the course myself. But like Steve 'o said above 2391 like the 2400 isnt just an exam theres a lot of practical learning in these courses and whilst australia doesn't recognise the paper
i feel that these courses do make for a better sparky.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

The 2391 has got to be worth doing for any decent spark,regardless of which country hes going to,its a decent exam and tests your knowledge....unlike the 2381 which simply is a joke..no wonder they dont recognise it! Ive yet to meet a PROPER electrician who has failed it !!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noggin
The 2391 has got to be worth doing for any decent spark,regardless of which country hes going to,its a decent exam and tests your knowledge....unlike the 2381 which simply is a joke..no wonder they dont recognise it! Ive yet to meet a PROPER electrician who has failed it !!
To all those thinking of 2391, I have been in contact with a spark who moved to SA 6 months ago and he has told me if you have 2391 you will ace ozzy testing as it is a joke his words not mine!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys
To all those thinking of 2391, I have been in contact with a spark who moved to SA 6 months ago and he has told me if you have 2391 you will ace ozzy testing as it is a joke his words not mine!

Most UK sparks ace the test in SA anyway. The guy gives you the answers
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys
mmm
ozzy n testing not usually heard in the same sentance

you do know that most of them dont know what the chuff an earth loop meter is ( i kid you not )
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:59 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve`o
mmm
ozzy n testing not usually heard in the same sentance

you do know that most of them dont know what the chuff an earth loop meter is ( i kid you not )
Hey stevo,

well im now in oz and loving every minute of it! Just in an internet cafe at the mo until we get sorted out! Start work next week and cant wait! And yes iv been hearing they dont do the the old earth loop test Think this is going to be an eye opener starting work but so looking forward to it!!!

stu
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hey stevo,

well im now in oz and loving every minute of it! Just in an internet cafe at the mo until we get sorted out! Start work next week and cant wait! And yes iv been hearing they dont do the the old earth loop test Think this is going to be an eye opener starting work but so looking forward to it!!!

stu

Welcome to Australia Stu, good news about the job.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hey stevo,

stu

Welcome to Oz mate. What type of work are you doing then?

Earth fault loop and RCD tests are not mandatory at the moment but the word is that with the new regs (any time soon...ish) they will be!

Yep, tis true, most of them have no idea even what earth fault loop impedance is
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

andicee; you can actually buy an earth loop tester here in Australia, but most sparks dont bother i assume most have no frigging idea how to use them. ive seen one bloke use the earth loop and when the RCD tripped it was then in the to hard basket.

But im sure with the new regs that are due out it will then be mandatory for testing, as we know its not hard to do the test some people just struggle to get there heard round how it works.

arthur