Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

*OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

*OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough
Default *OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

I am SO SO angry.:curse::curse:

My OH sat his electric vetassess practical 24th July in London.
We have been waiting and waiting for the result and had our agent chase it up last week. Just had a call now to say that Vetassess have said that my OH did not turn up to his practical test. ARGGHHHH! I am so angry. They are now saying that we have to make a claim and some how prove he was there on the day. I am fuming. It is outrageous that they have no record of my OH being there. They should have his written test and all his practical test info. He was there early on the day and was told it had been rescheduled for 8am and he was the last the leave on the day.
I just can't believe this is happening. If they have no record of my husband even being there on the day I wonder how accurate the rest of the results that have been sent out are.
I don't know what else to say.
I'm gutted and hope our agent can do something.
Has anyone heard of this before?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: *OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

Originally Posted by BroomeChick

We have been waiting and waiting for the result and had our agent chase it up last week. Just had a call now to say that Vetassess have said that my OH did not turn up to his practical test. ARGGHHHH! I am so angry. They are now saying that we have to make a claim and some how prove he was there on the day. I am fuming. It is outrageous that they have no record of my OH being there. They should have his written test and all his practical test info. He was there early on the day and was told it had been rescheduled for 8am and he was the last the leave on the day.
I just can't believe this is happening. If they have no record of my husband even being there on the day I wonder how accurate the rest of the results that have been sent out are.
Hiya,

I did post on the Vetassess July thread to say that my OH had failed due to him not being competent.... This is what I posted:

"It does seem that Vetassess don't really know what they are doing.... My OH failed too but because he wasn't competent enough. The list of competencies that we got to show where he failed showed that he had failed on some of the most basic of requirements in order to be a sparky, yet he passed the more complex of tasks. He failed on Occupational H&S yet was the only one who had his MCB lock and "electrician working" sign. He failed on a part of the Testing and inspecting and yet was the only one with his own testor and does this daily for the firm he works for.

Something just doesn't add up and the fact that they got this so wrong for you adds fuel to my fire.

They have other peoples futures in their hands and they don't seem to care. Reticent and callous in the way they behave and respond.

No doubt we will have to resit the practical in October as this is a faceless, nameless organisation and we will probably not get to the bottom of this before then!"

We still haven't received the posted result either. This was supposedly sent on the 31st July. We phoned 3 times before they would let us have the result by email. I emailed vetasses within 20 minutes of finding out our result (monday the 11th August) and as yet not a dicky bird from them.....

I will post on here once I hear something definite from them.

How are things going for you? Like you say how acurate can all the other results be? I'm not sure how they would be able to turn around and say "oh actually he was there and he passed" after saying he wasn't there. Even if you can prove he was there, how can they pass or fail him based on that because they have not marked him on each task he had to do. For your sake I hope they do pass him. Makes them look incompetant really!

I've been thinking that maybe they have a pass/fail ratio to stick to....

Best of luck in your fight though. A lot of money to resit again!

x
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi really sorry that this has happened to you both, I cannot believe that your OH was there all day and they are saying he did not turn up, did the assessors not speak to him !! When my OH did his practical in April they checked his passport and all the written details that he had and crossed his name off the list, it sounds pretty incompetent to me, I hope it gets sorted out good luck to you. Sorry also Janna that your OH failed I hope he can retake it again. Good luck to you both.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

Hi

This is really worrying! Im due in for october assesment and through the paper work i ve submitted i, ve found vetasess to be very poorly organised. i ve phoned so many times to see how my application is coming on for october only to be told "we will email you" yet nothing seemed to happen! I had to call again the other day, because no one had got back to me!

Not only that but the cost is unreal!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BroomeChick

Any news BroomeChick?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

BroomeChick;

can i give you a little advice, the next time your hubby goes for the exams ask the people there to sign a paper to state he has turned up and completed all task then make sure the paper is also dated.

all the best

arthur
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Dazza.M is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my assessment on the 18th July and failed, some of the things vetassess stated on my failures weren't even in the assessment, I queried these things that I had supposidly failed on and was given the full statements from the examiners, according to the assessor I was not confident enough, too slow and failed on connecting resistor's in parallel and series using some poxy leads and circuit board which the assessor had made up, then I failed on Motor's, every single one of the participants were asked if they had completed motor circuits and all 5 in my class had never dealt with motor's or DOL starter's, so that's complete bull s*ite for a start, every domestic electrician I have ever spoken to has never completed motor circuits.

We started at 08:00am (half hour late) and was supposed to finish at 6:30pm if need be, I was the last one to complete the assessment and at 3:30 was told that the college was to close at 4:00pm, so why does it state on the vetassess for 6:30pm finish, I completed my last task of motor's with the assistance of the assessor at 3:45pm, so why on earth did they say that I was too slow when I had 15 minutes to spare

So, for all you unlucky people taking their assessments in October you will need a miracle in some cases. Good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

Hi, sorry for not writing sooner, we have been away on holiday (felt we needed it after all the stress!)

Well, some positive news. Vetassess located my husband's papers and can confirm that he did attend and he passed! So after all the trauma and heartache we have now submitted our 175 and hope that we do not face anymore set backs.

Dazza, sorry to hear you failed. My husband had never dealt with motors before (except at college when studying) and like you say the Vetassess guy asked everyone this. Are you taking it again in October? Best of luck.

A happy 175 August applicant... at last!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Dazza.M;

can you ask for an interview with the people who are the instructors managers then go over the paper with them, telling them also how you completed all task withing the given time line, write everything down make sure you have all your facts & figures correct then if you get no joy tell them direct you intend to go to there higher management, they wont like that one bit & it makes them be counted for if they have made a mistake, DON'T let it go mate appeal in the strongest way.

Arthur
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Broomechic.....No not bothering to take it again, it's a total waste of time and money, they can't even be straight with the failures I done they have given me a right load of flannel, another electrician also had the same problem as me, giving failure reports on things that weren't asked in the assessment.

The_pom_from_Aus....I have spoken to the top guy at vetassess in Melbourne and to appeal this decision & will cost me $400 & the retake will cost $400, money which I don't have to waste on, I lived in Brisbane / Darwin 6 years ago for 1 year, I was promoted to an Office in Darwin as Operations Supervisor for an Airfreight Company, we came back because my missus became reall homesick, when we decided to come back she regretted her decision but didn't tell me because she thought I would go mad and it was too late to withdraw my resignation, hopefully I will try to get a sponsorship with a company on the 457 visa, I kick myself everyday for getting on that plane to come back to this hell hole.

Last edited by Dazza.M; Sep 3rd 2008 at 9:27 am. Reason: missed out word
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza.
if your appeal is in your favor then you wont have to do the resit of exams also if they find you have met all that was asked you can get your money back for the appeal, i would think again mate i know your pissed of now, but think of the future for your family.

Arthur
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

The_Pom_From_Aus......I know what you are saying mate, but the thing that get's me is I qualified as an Electrician in 2006 after years of studying and yet I sit an Aussie theory exam and I have supposidly failed this also, on my failure sheet, out of 19 tasks I have failed 12 so, to be honest I have lost all faith in this crappy vetassess assessment and feel that I would not be able to pass it anyway, the guy's are supposed to be there to assist according to all the other electricians but soon stab you in the back whilst doing the assessment, I was told that I was too slow and finished all my tasks at 3:45pm but the funny thing is on the vetassess form the finishing time was 6:30pm, I was told at 3:30pm that the college closes at 4:00pm, so how the Hell can they say I was too slow when I completed it 15 minutes early, and I had also failed for no confidence, what the hell do they expect in a situation like that??
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza.M;

i would not let it go at all if i was you i would get all facts on paper then make an Appointment with the higher management then produce your evidence to them direct then demand answers, after all this is a new setup for assessment & if there are severe things not in place then your in your right to have your application re assessed. DONT let it go mate you may be in a position to make these morons do there Job, if its not you it may be somebody else if you let it go. I fully understand your pissed of with the whole setup & confidence is a massive part of it all but you must be strong and get at them with real evidence If they refuse to here your case then you tell them you intend to take it higher, this may just make them start to think have there instructors stuffed up if so then thats good.

keep me informed mate
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

The_Pom_From_AUS.......Thanks mate, i'll look at my failure points and make them aware of the situation, stand by for my reply. Thanks mate
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza.M;

Chin Up mate, don't let the scum bags get you down,& when you get to Australia i can assure you its all worth it, then we may meet and have a few beers and laugh at the bastards that have put you through hell & back.

Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.