British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Cyprus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/cyprus-117/)
-   -   Young couple looking for help with move to Paphos (https://britishexpats.com/forum/cyprus-117/young-couple-looking-help-move-paphos-900858/)

Nicola Kalarus Jul 30th 2017 6:49 pm

Young couple looking for help with move to Paphos

Hi everyone,My husband and I will be moving to Cyprus at the end of October. We are moving with the intention of working out there (got a few years to go yet till retirement). We are basically asking for any information and pointers as we are looking to rent in and around Chloraka so wondering if anyone knows of any good estate agents or people to speak with. Also looking for a cheap car to buy and jobs. if anyone knows of any good sites to check for jobs or if there is any work that would be great.We would like to say Hi to people and get to know the local community and make some friends so please message us even if its to say hi.ThanksJames and Nicola

Jana and Jo Oct 25th 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Young couple looking for help with move to Paphos

Hi Nicola,
we moved to Paphos on the start of October. It is really lovely area! We decided to rent apartment through Airbnb and we have it now.
We are just one month here and we can say it is life. Enjoy sun and always have good food and coffee.

Good luck with your move & may be we will meet. Paphos is not too big. :-)

Take care.
Jana & JO

baysjohn1 Nov 9th 2017 3:20 pm

Hey guys!

Me and my Husband got married last Saturday and now looking to relocate to Paphos ASAP.

Do you guys know if its hard to get jobs out there or can we just come and find one?

Im an accounts tech and bookkeeper and hes a coach driver and mechanic.

mikelincs Nov 9th 2017 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by baysjohn1 (Post 12378525)
Hey guys!

Me and my Husband got married last Saturday and now looking to relocate to Paphos ASAP.

Do you guys know if its hard to get jobs out there or can we just come and find one?

Im an accounts tech and bookkeeper and hes a coach driver and mechanic.

Welcome to BE.

Neither of the two posters already in this thread have posted since their posts here, so neither are likely to see your post, you would be better starting your own thread, more likely to get a reply.

GeorgeyA Nov 16th 2017 7:25 pm

Good luck with the move! We are moving to Cyprus (Larnaca) full time from December!

JMjules Nov 18th 2017 10:12 pm

Hi, My partner & I are seriously considering moving to Cyprus next year but have lots of questions . Would someone be able to explain a little about the process of getting the 'yellow card'
Thank you

GeorgeyA Nov 19th 2017 9:01 am

Originally Posted by JMjules (Post 12385024)
Hi, My partner & I are seriously considering moving to Cyprus next year but have lots of questions . Would someone be able to explain a little about the process of getting the 'yellow card'
Thank you

Hi, this link explains everything you will need to know, it’s very simple to be honest, if you just go to your local registration office they will get it all sorted for you very quickly, it’s basically a work permit, which once you had it I think 4 years will gain you residency and also if you had children etc... would enable you to claim benefits, make sure you get it sorted as Cyprus are bringing in the NHS service shortly so you will need to be registered as being in Cyprus to be able to use the free NHS service fully.

Link below

http://www.cyprusninja.com/work-permit-yellow-paper-cyprus/

Anything else you need, please don’t hesitate to email again

George