Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

working in Private Cyprus hospital?

working in Private Cyprus hospital?

Old May 23rd 2015, 8:23 am
Just Joined

lionfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working in Private Cyprus hospital?

Hi All, I am an operating theatre nurse/practitioner, my husband and I want to live in Cyprus (early retirees), I want to still work part-time in my profession is this a possibility?

lionfish
Old May 23rd 2015, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working in Private Cyprus hospital?

The quick answer to that is YES. Come out on holiday with lots of C.V.'s and then visit the Private Hospitals/Clinics. Having said that they may only want you to do full time?
Old May 23rd 2015, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Talagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is a possibility but the pay is very low and the doctors make all the decisions, unlike in the UK. Not necessary to speak Greek as English is spoken in all the private clinics.
Old May 23rd 2015, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks this is encouraging. I am used to working overseas (25 yrs) so doctors being in charge is something I am familiar with (yes unlike the UK !😉). The salary is not an issue either. Any more tips welcome.
Thanks again longish.
Old May 24th 2015, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

The best way to find out if there are any vacancies is to visit each private hospital with a copy of your C.V. and speak to the person responsible for hiring staff. There may not be an immediate job, but many staff are on annual contracts so a vacancy may come up then. Usually get offered a package eg private health care, holiday pay. If you take sick leave you may either have to take annual leave or unpaid leave - lots of questions to ask!
Old May 24th 2015, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much great advice.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi we are wondering how the Greek financial situation is affecting Cyprus and how much the cost of living is per mouth approximately, (after cost of house) ? We want to ascertain if pension will cover it!
Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2015, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

The Greece sinario is not affecting us apart from a lot of Greek money coming to Cyprus.

best to rent first for a while to get the feel.

Easy to live on state pension here. Better standard if more income.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi Please can anyone give info on the refugee situation in Cyprus? It is a problem everywhere, the problems should be dealt with at source. The people want to live in peace. But Cyprus being so close to Syria, what is the impact? We are visiting soon to look at property!
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I have not seen any refugees. However I feel sure that there must be some somewhere on the Island.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Here is a link to a recent article in the Cyprus Daily Mail

Refugees on the move shun Cyprus - Cyprus Mail Cyprus Mail
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I have a friend of mine who is moving back to Cyprus to set up his own clinic presently. In time I am sure I could put you in touch with him. He has qualified and worked in the UK for a number of years.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much. I am visiting Cyprus in September and in December this year so please stay in touch. Thanks