Work in Paphos

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:59 am
Just Joined

IanfromShropshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Work in Paphos

Hello,
I am shortly moving to Paphos for 12 months (minimum) and I will be looking for part-time work.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? Its not really something I can do from the UK, so I guess a lot of work is gained from 'word of mouth'.
I will be in Paphos from Saturday 12th July for a week.
Thanks.

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in Paphos

The first thing that comes to mind is bar-tending, although as the holiday season is already in half/full swing you may have left it rather late.
I find it somewhat strange that you have decided on being there for a minimum of 12 months without first having a job, although I assume you have adequate reserve funds to tie you over just in case.
Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

IanfromShropshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tweedpipe,
Not sure why you have wasted 20 seconds of your life in posting a completely unhelpful reply. You clearly have a lot of time on your hands.
I was hoping to hear from someone with something constructive to say.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanfromShropshire
Thanks Tweedpipe,
Not sure why you have wasted 20 seconds of your life in posting a completely unhelpful reply. You clearly have a lot of time on your hands.
TP is always pertinent in his replies and gives good advice. In the present economic situation everywhere in Europe, it's always advisable to have a job lined up before you leave the UK, unless you take enough savings to last you at least a year. Thoughts on renting without payslips and healthcare coverage come to mind, but I've already exceeded my 20 seconds....
I wish you luck!
Old Jun 29th 2014, 8:51 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian,

Maybe if you shared what type of work you would be looking for that may help. The season has been really slow there the past few months, and it's only started picking up the last couple of days, so you may find it difficult to find work. Many of the bars and restaurants were pretty quiet and some farther from the harbour were particularly empty every night of the past week.

Best of luck with your search.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanfromShropshire
Thanks Tweedpipe,
Ok you want something constructive, jobs are plentiful and well paid. No problems at all. Just come and enjoy the life.

There I've been constructive but I've lied through my teeth

If you don't want to hear the truth don't ask, and don't shoot the messenger for telling you how it is.