work in cyprus

Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

kevc2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work in cyprus

hi
me and my girlfriend are looking to move to cyprus but was wondering how easy it is to get work out there i am a electrician and she is a legal secretary/payroll administrator and any help about how to emigrate would be much appreciated

thank you
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:01 am
Just Joined

bgouldson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work in cyprus

Hi there me mad my girlfriend are doing the same thing , from research in the south of Cyprus there a lot of work but north it a little harder , but if you type in google ( google Cyprus ) it come up with local jobs

Hope this helpful to you good luck
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

kevc2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers mate had a look at google and looked at some agencies but cant really find any building work on them we want to go to the south of the island hopefully september time if not sooner
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

That fine umm I am a qualified bricklayer myself , I had a link the other day to a construction company looking for any trade ill have a look and see if I still got it and if I have ill post it on here for you
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

You will find that most of those websites with jobs are very out of date with many of the jobs no longer being available.
In the consturction industry in particular jobs are very scarce these days as construction has slowed down in the past few years. Any jobs that are available tend to be taken by eastern europeans who will work for peanuts as the wages as very low.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Veronica, which side of the country would you recommend if you don't mind me asking? are jobs hard to come by even if it is cash in hand, we aren't particularly fussy anything that with pay the bills so we can have a better life style!!
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bgouldson
Hi Veronica, which side of the country would you recommend if you don't mind me asking? are jobs hard to come by even if it is cash in hand, we aren't particularly fussy anything that with pay the bills so we can have a better life style!!
Be very careful about doing cash in hand work. The government are chasing people who don't pay their dues and there are plenty of people who will shop anyone they think might be taking work from them.
Having said all that the South is a far better bet than the North, more work even if it scarce these days, better infrastucture and as it is part of the Eu you do have rights which you would not have in the North which is an illgeally occupied territory not recognised by the international community.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

What I would recommend is that where ever you decide upon, make sure that you have a contingency plan for if things don't work out. Be sure to have enough money to see you through for several months and make certain that you put enough away safely for flights home if things get tough.
Remember that if you are unable to earn enough to live on you won't get any help from the government regardless of which side of the border you are on.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:08 am
Just Joined

arisoftnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
Be very careful about doing cash in hand work. The government are chasing people who don't pay their dues and there are plenty of people who will shop anyone they think might be taking work from them.
Having said all that the South is a far better bet than the North, more work even if it scarce these days, better infrastucture and as it is part of the Eu you do have rights which you would not have in the North which is an illgeally occupied territory not recognised by the international community.
Totally agree with Veronika , just stay away from the North side! Except that the North is a place where "Human Rights" do not exist , the job opportunities are limited to none and if you find something surely don't expect to be a king.

On the South you are on EU ground with all the rights you have in UK in matter of work - living - Human rights etc except of course from some benefits you get from UK government , but even though there are some Cypriot Governmental sponsoring to all the people living on the Island like Sun Powered energy or agriculture plans and much more.

The Construction developing in Cyprus is surely down because of the Crisis so expect that all the occupations going with it to be down as well.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Jobs in the Republic Of Cyprus are very scarce. The booming businesses are the Foreign Exchange companies, Translations Russian, Chinese and Iranian, Corporate Fiduciary Services and that is about it.
Make sure you have enough money to slog it out for a long time, and try to learn some Greek, as that always helps.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

jessyt is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest to nail down all the big companies and with your experience, try to find a maintenance guy job. Many of these companies (shipping, forex, financial centers) have may expats working there and a good technical guy is always welcome.

Same goes for the lady. Cyprus advertises itself as a big financial center and through some angles, it is - compared with the number of companies here.

It is VERY difficult to find a job in this present market but not impossible. Arm yourself with patience and perseverance. Be ready to accept a low-paid job in the beginning, just so you can penetrate the market. Every income is better than no income.

Jessy