Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

UK Newspapers in Cyprus

UK Newspapers in Cyprus

Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Newspapers in Cyprus

Forgive me for the apparent lazy question, but google has not come up with anything.

Could anyone tell me when the UK newspapers reach Cyprus?
Do you get them same day or a day late?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Newspapers in Cyprus

Originally Posted by admon
Forgive me for the apparent lazy question, but google has not come up with anything.

Read them on the web if you have to.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Read them on the web if you have to.
thanks, but not the answer to the question that I posed.

Ive since called a few people and understand that most british papers are available from around 5pm same day.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

Originally Posted by admon

Yes is the answer, the tabloids arrive the same day early morning. Once in a while I find the Times on the same day. Sunday Times Arrives on Monday. I rarely see broadsheets in the newspaper stands. Mainly the Sun or Daily Mail or News of the World. Might as well buy a comic in my opinion but there you go.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

The local Cyprus Mail isn't a bad read for one euro, expect to pay two to four euro for the British papers, they seemed to come mostly on the same day.

BTW if you like books, buy them in the UK, they are 12 euro plus in Larnaca compared with WHS in the UK giving you two for the price of one.

I would think someone opening a chain of used bookshops in Larnaca would have many expat customers.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britishbull
The local Cyprus Mail isn't a bad read for one euro, expect to pay two to four euro for the British papers, they seemed to come mostly on the same day.

BTW if you like books, buy them in the UK, they are 12 euro plus in Larnaca compared with WHS in the UK giving you two for the price of one.

I would think someone opening a chain of used bookshops in Larnaca would have many expat customers.
Bookshop - its already been done.

most go to the Sunday Market to find their 2nd hand books